Hi guys! I am using Leap with latest BB10 OS, i have installed cobalt's version of google play, i wanted to install DTEK security app on it, it says, it's not compatible with my device, any insight into this? or better any help to install DTEK app?
    i am really excited to use this app any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance
    wish you guys a great weekend !
    10-21-16 06:13 AM
    It's incompatible with anything except the two current BlackBerry-Android devices -- Priv and DTEK50. It checks hardware vs software.
    Ahmad27 likes this.
    10-21-16 07:01 AM
    Hi guys! I am using Leap with latest BB10 OS, i have installed cobalt's version of google play, i wanted to install DTEK security app on it, it says, it's not compatible with my device, any insight into this? or better any help to install DTEK app?
    i am really excited to use this app any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance
    It is how it is. I'm on a Leap from Rogers and use SNAP for Google Apps bit I because they sometimes will download doesn't mean they will open. We kinda have to bite the bullet sometimes. Sorry couldn't b more help.
    10-25-16 07:27 PM
    You don't need dtek for bb10, it's the most secure OS in the world.
    11-03-16 02:47 PM
    You don't need dtek for bb10, it's the most secure OS in the world.
    Whatever that means.

With respect to granting permissions to apps, it's no different from other platforms. If they mine, they mine.

The real BB10 security happens at startup - by denying root and the loading of unsigned OSes.
    Ahmad27 likes this.
    11-03-16 03:03 PM
    Given the BlackBerry's s high priority on security, I think it unlikely that APK files will be able to work on the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:56 PM
    Given the BlackBerry's s high priority on security, I think it unlikely that APK files will be able to work on the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? Apk files install fine on BB10.
    11-06-16 08:53 AM
    You can't because that is an app specifically developed for and compatible with the Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60 for BlackBerry Android software only. It won't work on the Leap.

But if you go on your Leap to System Settings -Security And Privacy-Application Permission, you will be able to pretty much do what the DTEK app does in that you can see what each individual app has access to on your device and then you can decide what you leave on or turn off. In the same place there is also something called App Manager which will further help you out.

Good luck.

Respect My Autoritah!
    Ahmad27 likes this.
    11-07-16 07:11 PM