just clicked the myspace app. said i needed to upgrade. i upgraded...then a message popped up that it needs to reboot. i let it reboot. and now EVERYTHING is MISSING. my volume phone icon, all of my messages, insane amounts of exception errors, lost my bb messenger, lost my facebook app, lost ALL my photos.

DO NOT INSTALL THE UPDATE. how do i get it all back . boo!! i cant even access my messages. and im on a mac, no pc here.

HORRIBLE.
    12-04-08 08:50 PM
    i have. its all screwed up. not even a basic message folder. really, everything is gone and exception errors out of the wazoooooo.

i should have known better. i hate myspace.
    Last edited by theclipart; 12-04-08 at 09:10 PM.
    12-04-08 08:53 PM
    Pull batt for about 10 to 30 sec

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 08:54 PM
    ok, i restarted a few times, still those errors and missing files. i went into the advanced options and just deleted the myspace program from the list. it rebooted, and everything is back to normal.

no myspace app on this phone. never again.
    12-04-08 08:54 PM
    I updated and had no problems with it
    I dunno if it works properly now because before it wasn't getting new messages
    But not had any messages to check it

12-04-08 08:57 PM
    Hmm. Interesting. I also updated without incident...

12-04-08 09:05 PM
    I get no option to upgrade anything.

12-04-08 09:08 PM
    yea i have no idea why it screwed up the bb os. thanks everyone
    12-04-08 09:11 PM
    i upgraded and i could make call...it kept saying call failed...but then it worked for me a little while ago...if it keeps up ill delete it and see what happens
    12-04-08 09:50 PM
    i updated and its perfectly fine..IMO the myspace is a lil quicker now =)
    12-05-08 03:36 AM
    just upgraded and all fine here. must be a specific problem with just your phone

sorry
    12-06-08 01:13 AM
    Lesson to be learned... backup your data. Hehe.

Those scares never bother me as I have my DM set to backup every week (thanks to Reed) and every time I am upgrading my OS.
    12-06-08 01:20 AM
    I upgraded with no problem either..even though theres really nothing noticably changed
    12-06-08 01:57 AM
    myspace sucks anyways, facebook is better.
    12-06-08 02:33 AM
    Jayden - or anyone - does that mean that you plug your berry into your computer every week, or whenever you plug in, and it does an automatic backup? Do you have to open the DM or does it open itself or update in the background or what? I never plug into my computer since I charge from my pod.

Sorry if these are dumb questions.
    12-06-08 09:13 AM
    Upgradrd here with no issues. Seems a bit more faster.

12-06-08 10:51 AM
    yes..this same thing happened to me...was close to crying...i had to uninstall myspace through the app loader on the DM...thankfully it went back to normal
    12-06-08 03:46 PM
    myspace sucks anyways, facebook is better.
    if facebook is so much better, then how come they are dealing with that worm epidemic that's infecting so many people's computers? I can't stand facebook.

Oh, BTW, didn't you get ripped off by some dude trying to sell you a bold on the forums?
    12-06-08 04:07 PM
    ok, i restarted a few times, still those errors and missing files. i went into the advanced options and just deleted the myspace program from the list. it rebooted, and everything is back to normal.

no myspace app on this phone. never again.
    I got the same upgrade message from myspace. Downloaded and rebooted with no propblem. App works perfectly fine. I've had the same run-ins with the phone not showing email, BBM, SMS with all the error notices before, but it was nothing a 20 second battery pull could fix.

I just had problems with sending texts. I don't know if had something to do with being in the city I am in today (Pasadena, CA). The USC-UCLA football game is going on and I know all the action at the rose bowl can clog-up the cell towers here in town. I rebooted (batt. pull) and everthing is back to normal again.
    12-06-08 04:14 PM
    Lesson learned, When in doubt, do not update-upgrade unless you have a problem or there is a big new change in the system or program.

There is another trick ... when you have no way to 'completely remove' a program that the deskmanager can not take out or through the programs defective 'delete' then use the free-ware CRACKUTIL (available somewhere on this forum) and using the 'file manipulation-intermediate' function to remove the program file(s)-they are usually easy to identify by file names. The file will be available on your PC if you want to re-install it later
    12-06-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD