At night the screen brightness is blinding and during the day outside, it's very dim and dull. Opposite of my classic.

I know it has auto dim, but it seems to be working backwards. Normal or??

Thanks
    10-19-16 07:20 PM
    Not normal from my experience. The Z30 certainly isn't known to have the brightest screen, but in direct sunlight, on maximum brightness, is normally adequate. I keep mine set fairly low most of the time, and use the quick setting adjustment when necessary. I also set the white balance slightly toward the warm side, which helps during viewing in dark places, such as when hiding in the woods, stalking grandma.

Have you verified your light sensor is working, using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert?
    00stryder likes this.
    10-19-16 10:51 PM
    With your bright screen on, who'd really be afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-19-16 10:54 PM
    Not normal from my experience. The Z30 certainly isn't known to have the brightest screen, but in direct sunlight, on maximum brightness, is normally adequate. I keep mine set fairly low most of the time, and use the quick setting adjustment when necessary. I also set the white balance slightly toward the warm side, which helps during viewing in dark places, such as when hiding in the woods, stalking grandma.

Have you verified your light sensor is working, using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert?
    Lol I put my finger across the top inside and the screen began to dim, so I assume it works.
    10-19-16 11:11 PM
    Yeah that was my experience with Z30 OP , when I go to cinema I slide the brightness to the lowest it's still bright , annoying.

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-19-16 11:16 PM
    Lol I put my finger across the top inside and the screen began to dim, so I assume it works.
    I would have to agree. I mis-spoke on my color balance setting. It's towards the cool. I'm pretty sensitive to light, and it helps a bunch in low light viewing.
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 screen question-img_20161019_234051.png  
    10-19-16 11:47 PM
    I would have to agree. I mis-spoke on my color balance setting. It's towards the cool. I'm pretty sensitive to light, and it helps a bunch in low light viewing.
    Turning it down is fine, I just can't get it any brighter outside is my main issue. LCD screens are so much better
    10-20-16 01:48 AM
    Turning it down is fine, I just can't get it any brighter outside is my main issue. LCD screens are so much better
    Not true , install android app screen brightness then slide to the max you can see how bright z30 can be, BlackBerry didn't give user to control the brightness

BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-20-16 03:32 AM
    Not true , install android app screen brightness then slide to the max you can see how bright z30 can be, BlackBerry didn't give user to control the brightness

Apk?
    10-20-16 12:18 PM
    Apk?
    There is android port in BlackBerry World
    10-20-16 08:32 PM
    There is android port in BlackBerry World
    Nice!! Thanks
    10-20-16 09:46 PM