I have the Bold 9930 i would like the next upgrade, is the Q10. Z10. Just want something a little better.
    10-18-16 04:00 PM
    i would say the classic would be direct upgrade really
    10-18-16 04:16 PM
    That's debatable. The Classic does have the "toolbelt", but the Q10 is closer in size to the 9900/9930 and has a swappable battery. They both have the same processor and chipset, so performance is the same. It really depends on what you want.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    10-18-16 05:17 PM
    Q10 is the next one with keyboard

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    10-18-16 05:37 PM
    Nothing beats the passport
    10-18-16 05:58 PM
    I eat crow every time I say this, but here goes...

The Passport is an amazing phone. The form is awesome. Keyboard is very good. Screen size is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 06:38 PM
    I sent mine back after 3 days. Too bulky and heavy for practical use for me.

10-18-16 07:23 PM
    To me, bb10 will be downgrade. I have a classic and bb10 is nowhere as good as old bb os.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-18-16 08:05 PM
    they need to remake the 9900 and call it (The BlackBerry Bold Legacy) - Slap android on it or BBOS10? more ram more sd card storage and the exact same style as the 9900.

I just dont know what the god damn problem is with BlackBerry, they know it's the most popular one so remake it with 2016+ specs

Good jesus
    FF22 likes this.
    10-19-16 02:30 AM
    what about the Porsche is that an upgrade over the Q10 and 9930?
    10-19-16 08:21 AM
    what about the Porsche is that an upgrade over the Q10 and 9930?
    No, Porsche devices are nothing more than a bourgeois skin

Posted from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    10-19-16 08:44 AM
    That's debatable. The Classic does have the "toolbelt", but the Q10 is closer in size to the 9900/9930 and has a swappable battery. They both have the same processor and chipset, so performance is the same. It really depends on what you want.

I second this. For me it was the Q10 based off the size.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / Droid Turbo 2 XT1585 6.0
    10-19-16 09:25 AM
    You avoided BB10 for so long I can't see why you would want to jump in now. That is like buying a ticket for the Titanic after it spotted the iceberg.
    10-19-16 10:40 AM
    You avoided BB10 for so long I can't see why you would want to jump in now. That is like buying a ticket for the Titanic after it spotted the iceberg.
    LOL (that just cracked me up)
    10-19-16 10:50 AM
    I was thinking similar thoughts but couldn't say it this politely. LOL...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-16 01:02 PM
    The phones still work and still have many strengths the other platforms don't.

It's OK for people to have different preferences and requirements than you.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    10-19-16 02:18 PM

Exactly what strengths does BB10 have that Android Marshmallow 6.0 and/or Nougat 7.0 doesn't have now? Moving from BBOS7 to BB10 involves a similar learning curve to BBOS7 to Android with far less benefits compared to almost 4 years ago when BB10 was introduced.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-19-16 03:15 PM

He asked for our opinions on an upgrade path from his BB7 device and was given one.
    My opinion is that potential newcomers to BB10 should just stick with BB7 or move on to a BB 'Droid. I'm happily marching along with my Classic but I'm invested in the ecosystem. He has no such ties.
    John Albert likes this.
    10-19-16 03:23 PM
    Exactly what strengths does BB10 have that Android Marshmallow 6.0 and/or Nougat 7.0 doesn't have now? Moving from BBOS7 to BB10 involves a similar learning curve to BBOS7 to Android with far less benefits compared to almost 4 years ago when BB10 was introduced.

Good notifications control lol ... The base that a phone should do

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    cbosdell likes this.
    10-19-16 03:32 PM

The strengths and benefits are subjective, of course.

For example, some may perceive a physical keyboard as a strength, others may not.

For me, the BB10 implementation of the Hub is still better than BlackBerry's Android version. It is always "behind" everything and accessible with a mere gesture. I can even briefly peek at it without completely leaving an app.

Active Frames still provide me better multi-tasking and are a more efficient method of toggling between 3+ apps.

Cloud storage integration within the file manager is a huge plus for me. I use Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box and I can easily access all my files in the same place.

Custom notification profiles combined with the notification LED make it easy for me to know which account the last email came from or who is texting me without even picking up the phone.

Physical keyboard shortcuts open up a whole new world of efficient navigation around the OS and apps, as well as launching specific apps or speed-dialing with the long press of a key.

Show me an Android M or N phone as compact as the Q10 with a physical keyboard and replaceable battery.

Do you see my point? Each platform, each device has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. For each of us, it comes down to which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

BB10 still offers an experience no other platform does.

FF22 and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-19-16 03:53 PM
    The strengths and benefits are subjective, of course.

For example, some may perceive a physical keyboard as a strength, others may not.

For me, the BB10 implementation of the Hub is still better than BlackBerry's Android version. It is always "behind" everything and accessible with a mere gesture. I can even briefly peek at it without completely leaving an app.

Active Frames still provide me better multi-tasking and are a more efficient method of toggling between 3+ apps.

Cloud storage integration within the file manager is a huge plus for me. I use Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box and I can easily access all my files in the same place.

Custom notification profiles combined with the notification LED make it easy for me to know which account the last email came from or who is texting me without even picking up the phone.

Physical keyboard shortcuts open up a whole new world of efficient navigation around the OS and apps, as well as launching specific apps or speed-dialing with the long press of a key.

Show me an Android M or N phone as compact as the Q10 with a physical keyboard and replaceable battery.

Do you see my point? Each platform, each device has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. For each of us, it comes down to which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

BB10 still offers an experience no other platform does.

Unfortunately, 99% of everyone didn't care as much so it's done. Good luck on choosing your next OS....

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-19-16 04:26 PM
    He asked for our opinions on an upgrade path from his BB7 device and was given one.
    My opinion is that potential newcomers to BB10 should just stick with BB7 or move on to a BB 'Droid. I'm happily marching along with my Classic but I'm invested in the ecosystem. He has no such ties.
    Moving to a Classic now will inevitably lead to another thread asking which phone to move to when BB10 bites the dust. Better to be thrust into this decade with a platform that isn't comatose.
    10-19-16 04:31 PM
    Moving to a Classic now will inevitably lead to another thread asking which phone to move to when BB10 bites the dust. Better to be thrust into this decade with a platform that isn't comatose.
    BB10 was released within this decade.

David Tyler likes this.
    10-19-16 06:06 PM

BB10 gives you complete control over notifications in a way Android and iOS still don't. It's a logical successor to BBOS if that's important to you more than today's popular apps. Thanks to Android the Priv's LED is worthless if you keep your phone on silent due to work and different sleep schedules. There is no way to have the LED function and the phone sounds be silent.
    10-19-16 08:59 PM
    BB10 was released within this decade.

And will die in it.
    10-19-16 09:48 PM
64 123