I'm down to my last few bugs to squash on BES 12.4.1.

This one is particularly troublesome.

BES 12 installed on server running Small Business Server 2011 which is server 2008 r2 and exchange 2010.

Install, config and activation run just fine, no errors.

2 devices activated

1 BB Classic (works just fine) downloads and opens attachments without problems
    1 BB Priv (Android for Work) with BSCP. Here's the problem.

Will only download attachments that are less than 20kb in size.

To further my tests I downloaded an activesync email app to personal and work side of the phone.
    Personal side connects direct through wifi to server
    Work side has to come across the BSCP VPN

Both apps connect and download message headers and will send and receive email with attachments (of any size)

Personal side app will download and open attachment of any size
    Work side app fails to download anything over 20kb

Based on these tests The activesync server is configured just fine and will serve attachments of the sizes I am testing. Something is going wrong with the VPN connectivity and limiting the attachment. Attachment size in email policy is set to 300 megs.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Roveer; 10-17-16 at 05:33 PM.
    10-17-16 04:00 PM
    I'm down to my last few bugs to squash on BES 12.4.1.

This one is particularly troublesome.

BES 12 installed on server running Small Business Server 2011 which is server 2008 r2 and exchange 2010.

Install, config and activation run just fine, no errors.

2 devices activated

1 BB Classic (works just fine) downloads and opens attachments without problems
    1 BB Priv (Android for Work) with BSCP. Here's the problem.

Will only download attachments that are less than 20kb in size.

To further my tests I downloaded an activesync email app to personal and work side of the phone.
    Personal side connects direct through wifi to server
    Work side has to come across the BSCP VPN

Both apps connect and download message headers and will send and receive email with attachments (of any size)

Personal side app will download and open attachment of any size
    Work side app fails to download anything over 20kb

Based on these tests The activesync server is configured just fine and will serve attachments of the sizes I am testing. Something is going wrong with the VPN connectivity and limiting the attachment. Attachment size in email policy is set to 300 megs.

Any ideas?
    Today I set up a 2nd server and joined it to my SBS 2011 domain. I then installed BES 12.4.1 and configured. The attachment problem went away.

That's great, except I really don't want to run 2 servers in my extremely small environment if I don't have to.

I'm working with BB (well, not really, right now I'm pressing my support ticket above the script readers to someone who actually knows something about BES), and once I'm at the right level will hope they can determine what's going on. If not, then 2 servers it will be.

Roveer
    10-18-16 06:20 PM