Will you keep using the Classic in 2017 despite the native lack of WhatsApp?
    I heard that the use of Whatsapp on BlackBerry through the Google Play store seems to be working fine but you probably won't be able to answer without opening the app. And the whole concept of making communication easier probably won't be the case for Whatsapp which is after all the most important Messaging app.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 06:47 AM
    I will completely leave the OS10 platform despite the fact that I think it is the best system available. But without support it won't be an alternative. I have a Priv but need a second phone. I might get the DTEK 60 if it is available in Germany or alternatively get either a Samsung S7 or Huawei P9.

If anybody needs a Q10, Classic, Passport or Z30 let me know. By year end they all will be made abundant.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-16-16 06:57 AM
    You are going to leave because of the system support or because of Whatsapp? Since they are still working ob BB10 and won't abondon those users

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 07:18 AM
    I'm rocking the Classic and BB10 as a whole until the wheels fall off.

People leaving because of WA when there are literally a million and one other functions that do the same thing like email, FB messenger, Viber, and the good old fashioned text message.

I'm not saying to be loyal to BlackBerry, but to leave because of one APP, seems a little nutty to me.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    bigjman, FF22, wiseguywood and 6 others like this.
    10-16-16 08:01 AM
    Lots of people leave companies based on app selection. They also return due to functionality. Nothing to get bent over. Some days I feel like using a Blackberry device. Sometimes an Apple device. Sometimes an android device. I have all 3 and switch when I feel like it. I switch phones often trying to find the one device that could do it all. That used used to be a BB10 device but with current app selection, that's no longer the situation.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    10-16-16 08:28 AM
    I will continue to use the Classic for 2017, and 2018 at least...remember this device still has email, text, calls, Docs to Go, the Remember app, calculator, calendar, browser, music player, FM radio, Nobex radio, expandable memory, a great file manager that are all still in play for my usage style!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 09:31 AM
    I only got into WhatsApp a few months ago. When it came down that they were ditching BB10, I let people know I'd be ditching WhatsApp.

After the Facebook purchase and imminent unwanted contact sharing, I discovered the BlackBerry version did not have the options to opt out. That sealed the deal. I nuked WhatsApp and haven't looked back.

It's a no-brainer for me. WhatsApp vs my Classic? Classic wins every time. In fact, I don't think there's any app that'd cause me to jump ship. I'm not even going to bother with the android workaround. It'll stop working eventually too anyway I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 09:45 AM
    People are still using the BOLD9900... (Like me) so of course peeps will be using the classic in 2017.
    10-16-16 10:05 AM
    Will you keep using the Classic in 2017 despite the native lack of WhatsApp?
    I heard that the use of Whatsapp on BlackBerry through the Google Play store seems to be working fine but you probably won't be able to answer without opening the app. And the whole concept of making communication easier probably won't be the case for Whatsapp which is after all the most important Messaging app.

Posted via CB10
    My work phone is a Classic. No doubt my employer will have no choice but to move on to iPhones since Classic is not in production anymore, and we already use iPhones (at least the senior mangement team).

As for my personal, Passport, it will be replaced by either Mercury or Nexus6P/DTEK60.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    10-16-16 10:06 AM
    I plan to use my Classic until it dies. Best phone I've ever owned!

Sent from the amazing PKB on my  Classic
    10-16-16 10:30 AM
    My 1st Classic from Dec/2014 ist not worn out yet used as daily driver and will continue to work!
    If that 1st Classic start looking scruffy or brakes, well there is a spare 2nd Classic in my drawer already from Jan/2016 brand new and that will definitely keep me going well in to 2019 if needed.
    And hey if both failing well my Passport always filling the gaps, nothing to worry about.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-16-16 10:59 AM
    I also
    10-16-16 11:08 AM
    Šmrc.,Yes, truth
    10-16-16 11:09 AM
    I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016), and used it for quite some time. I asked myself if I wanna leave my Classic permanently, and there are many reasons one might do this.
    But putting my sim back into Classic I decided to stay with it...also into 2017. I am relying on a way to use WA, if this will not be the case - bb10 version or Android - chance are high that's it for me....

going into 2017 with bb10 I hope that the following apps continue to work:
    - WA (I know bb10 will be discontinued)
    - BlackBerry Travel
    - Lufthansa app
    - Blaq
    - FB (did not upgrade..still works, like to be reminded of birthdays and such)
    - Hub (duhh)

So all in all not too much stuff I need.

P.S.
    can we finally stop the 'I don't need WA...so it's stupid that others find it important' stuff. gets booring

CB10 on my Classic
    10-16-16 11:51 AM
    Lots of people leave companies based on app selection. They also return due to functionality. Nothing to get bent over. Some days I feel like using a Blackberry device. Sometimes an Apple device. Sometimes an android device. I have all 3 and switch when I feel like it. I switch phones often trying to find the one device that could do it all. That used used to be a BB10 device but with current app selection, that's no longer the situation.

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious if you use the same Sim when you switch between the different phone brands?

Also, what do you do about a contact you add on say your BlackBerry and then you swap brand phones. Do you save contacts to Gmail or whatever for all the brand phones and it populates them across the different devices?

And what about passwords? How do you save your passwords across the different devices - do you use dropbox or similar?

Anyway, my questions are genuine, i'm just curious. Thanks

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Maille J likes this.
    10-16-16 01:21 PM
    I'm curious if you use the same Sim when you switch between the different phone brands?

Also, what do you do about a contact you add on say your BlackBerry and then you swap brand phones. Do you save contacts to Gmail or whatever for all the brand phones and it populates them across the different devices?

And what about passwords? How do you save your passwords across the different devices - do you use dropbox or similar?

Anyway, my questions are genuine, i'm just curious. Thanks

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    I have a Sidekick 4G I use as a backup phone and test it once in a while using a sim card adapter. Sometimes I switch to it for nostalgia too.

I haven't done it yet but simply copying contacts to the sim card seems like it should be enough.

For passwords I use Keepass and sync with Mega. Both have apps that work on both blackberry and android.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 02:06 PM
    I am at the mercy of the Classic's battery as to how long I will be able to use it. 2017? 2018? 2019? When the battery begins to fail, I'll go back to my Q10. I love a compact PKB device.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-16-16 02:07 PM
    What's even the point of whatsapp? (serious question BTW - why should I use it? When unlimited calls and SMS/MMS cost next to nothing on a monthly plan)
    10-16-16 07:37 PM
    All but one of the people I know that I communicate with regularly do so using WhatsApp some of the time including people at work. Ironically I went to BlackBerry for similar reasons. At the time everyone I knew wanted to communicate with me using BBM.
    The upcoming loss of WhatsApp is what started me looking for another phone and now I'm on a PRIV.
    I loved using the Classic, but now I have really grown to love using the PRIV. I find it a great device and I don't find Android anywhere near as bad as some seems to find it. I guess I adapt easier.
    It's a good device, but at the end of the day it's just a tool. There will always be another that will get the job done.

blackmass likes this.
    10-16-16 08:02 PM
    I just bought it and love my classic it's way better then my samsung

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 10:14 PM
    Os10 is dead to me. Sad as it truly did have a lot of potential. Lack of marketing on blackberry's part, as well as lack of app developer support really killed the platform.

10-17-16 12:24 AM
    I f i win the Classic, i'll be using it for sure in 2017 and years to follow. Who cares about whatsapp when all you need is messenger or bbm, plus it's free to use both.
    10-17-16 01:01 AM
    I will most probably switch to the new PKB-BB coming out early 2017 if it looks anything like the Classic. I don't like how apps are not working after updates and those who work get slower and slower... Also issues with browser from time to time. It really is tangible how BB10 is slowly but surely dying as nothing new and good is happening anymore.
    10-17-16 06:16 AM
    I hope to use Classic as long as it works. Although very tempted to get Google pixel.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 06:50 AM
    What's even the point of whatsapp? (serious question BTW - why should I use it? When unlimited calls and SMS/MMS cost next to nothing on a monthly plan)
    Most people use Whatsapp so that's why you use it to be able to communicate with others who might not have SMS free and also to be able with people in other countries

Posted via CB10
    selchukny likes this.
    10-17-16 06:51 AM
151 123 ...