Hi, when my screen is lock, it shows an icon of 'ring' and '1', which means I have one unread notification.

However, when unlocking the screen,I cannot find such notification in Hub, all emails are read, no alarm missed, no calendar entry missed, no reminder entry missed etc.

So I cannot determine, from where the 'virtual' notification comes from. It's Classic, BB10. Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 10:14 AM
    What does the notification show when you tap the ring icon on the lock screen?
    09-30-16 12:40 PM
    No,when the screen is locked, only thing I can do is to unlock it. Tap on icon does nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:33 PM
    First, open the Hub.
    Click on the menu icon in the lower left corner of the hub. Scroll until you see Notifications. (If there is a number 1 below the bell here, beside the word 'Notifications', then you have an unread notification.)
    Click on Notifications. Press the letter U. If your screen scrolls to an unread message, open it. If nothing happens, than you can restart a few things.

Note: a comment on a previous suggestion about clicking on the bell on the lock screen:
    To interact with the notification icon that is on the lock screen, 'show sender only' needs to be unchecked in: Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Screen Lock.

While you're in the Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Screen Lock screen, uncheck 'lock screen notifications'. Once it's unchecked, back out of this settings screen. This should remove all notifications from your phone.

Now restart the Hub by opening the hub, and swiping diagonally from the top right corner of the screen 5 times.
    If done correctly, your screen will turn blank and have some icons in the centre of the screen. After it loads, give it 2 extra mins for good measure.

Now restart your phone by pushing and hold the volume up and volume down buttons on the phone for 15 or so seconds. Ignore the screenshot notification. Hold them until the screen turns black. Then release them.

After the phone restarts, let it sit for 5 mins.
    Now go back to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Screen Lock, and turn your 'lock screen notifications' back on.

Let us know if the problem still persists.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 04:39 PM
    Thanks for your post. Restarting the Hub solved the problem. No need to restart the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:34 AM
    Glad to hear!

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:56 AM