Hi all. Standing again in front of a tough decision. Should I buy another Passport or not? Happy owner of OG Passport and seriously considering to buy one more device to enjoy this excellent piece of engineering for but having one concern. Not using Facebook, Twitter, whatsapp, don't play games. Not bothered about 2 million apps n the appstore.
    All I need for my connection with the outside world is reliably and smoothly working BROWSER. Either it is accessing my email,going on Youtube,reading my favourite websites or news, forums, articles... All I need is a working browser. I know there is a lot of clever people in between you which could try to answer this question. Do you people think that once this OS will be left behind, it would in a short term affect functionality of BlackBerry browser? Many thanks for your replies.
    Last edited by RadoR6; 09-27-16 at 07:25 AM.
    09-27-16 06:18 AM
    Wow, really long text for a simple question ^^

Just no narrow it down for those who can answer your question (I can't - not having a PP):

All I need for my connection with the outside world is reliably and smoothly working BROWSER. Either it is accessing my email,going on Youtube,reading my favourite websites or news, forums, articles... All I need is a working browser. I know there is a lot of clever people in between you which could try to answer this question. Do you people think that once this OS will be left behind, it would in a short term affect functionality of BlackBerry browser? Many thanks for your replies.
    09-27-16 07:13 AM
    I'm not sure there will be browser update in the future but others reported many site not working properly anymore on BlackBerry 10 browser

Is your frequently site can be browsing without problems?
    09-27-16 07:18 AM
    To: markus 2107. Scaled it down. Those interested in full version,send me a message.
    09-27-16 07:27 AM
    To: markus 2107. Scaled it down. Those interested in full version,send me a message.
    Yeah I read all of your post before... my comment still the same
    09-27-16 07:31 AM
    I'm not sure there will be browser update in the future but others reported many site not working properly anymore on BlackBerry 10 browser

Is your frequently site can be browsing without problems?

All websites which I'm using on my Classic and Passpor in the last nearly 18mths so far working good. Wouldn't have a problem to use a different browser in the future.But will be there any???
    09-27-16 07:32 AM
    Yeah I read all of your post before... my comment still the same
    Will discuss with the admin what can be done about it
    09-27-16 07:42 AM
    Will discuss with the admin what can be done about it
    I think if you can make paragraph will be easier to read
    09-27-16 08:09 AM
    Will do next time.Thanks
    09-27-16 01:52 PM
    There are plenty of thread on this subject, which is rehashed about every 3-4 days. OP should do some browsing/searching in forums first.
    09-27-16 05:01 PM
    There are plenty of thread on this subject, which is rehashed about every 3-4 days. OP should do some browsing/searching in forums first.
    I admit I didn't have a look at "search" option earlier . After some reading the future is not very bright.
    09-29-16 04:42 AM
    Supposedly, 10.3.3 update has a browser update, but for what, I can't say. If this helps, great, if not, good luck. I also have a Passport, the AT&T version, and am considering getting a Passport SE as a backup. The Passport and is on sale on Shop BlackBerry and also Amazon for a very good price. I'm figuring if I get another and have it sitting in a box until the one I have dies, I should be good for the next four years.

That having been said, I realize that the OS will be coming to a standstill and what it currently offers is all I will have. As long as you're ok with that and you're not an app fiend, then it should meet or exceed your basic phone, email, text needs.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-16 09:28 AM
    I'm having no issues with any websites on the browser. Mind you I've been using a 3rd party ad free browser since last week and it's awesome. I personally think it's still worth buying!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Last edited by samtronswt; 09-29-16 at 11:39 AM.
    09-29-16 11:27 AM
    Get it. I just purchased one and won't trade it for a while. I will most likely switch my primary to the iPhone 8 when it comes out but still keep the se for work emails and portable productivity. This phone is incredible. Very sad BB10 didn't get the support to keep it going. Feels great in the hand and the OS is extremely snappy and efficient. Haven't looked back.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 11:37 AM
    Anyone using ring central app on pp.? I had it on my classic, then wiped it cleaned. Now this apps it says it is not supported. Tried side load still failed. So tempted to get pp se. Used to have original one.
    09-30-16 05:06 AM
    I have the Passport SE. Everyone loves my phone and are impressed with its look, power, ease of use but make fun of me saying BlackBerry is obsolete. I studied long a hard before getting my Passport. My Passport does what I need (as did my Torch). If people only knew how awesome this machine was, they wouldn't bother wit those rectangles. It bothers me that developers don't wa to invest in such a reliable and powerful machine that is our Passports
    09-30-16 06:23 AM
    The browser on my SE PP works as well as the three I use on my Macbook Pro; except it's faster to reach for the Passport to do a quick query than to fire up the computer. If living with its known limitations works for you, it's a fantastic phone.
    09-30-16 09:29 AM
    Buy it! You can always use 3rd party browsers for those revel pages that don't want to work with the native browser.
    09-30-16 09:36 AM
    Wait and see if the do a point release that they promised. March 2017 was slated internal BlackBerry budget project cash allowance

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 10:03 AM
    I'm having no issues with any websites on the browser. Mind you I've been using a 3rd party ad free browser since last week and it's awesome. I personally think it's still worth buying!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Which browser?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 12:47 PM
    I will continue to buy the original Passport and the Silver edition until they run out of the devices. Stock up now since the Passport will go down in history as the unsung hero that missed out in being the best smartphone ever made. The Passport will always grab your attention and everyone else that come in contact with it. Just sad it didn't grab the attention of the media marketing and commercial television audience.

 Blackberry Passport
    09-30-16 02:14 PM
    I created an account yesterday, bought a Passport SE today. I haven't had a phone for a couple of years, I briefly had a Z10 and really liked BB10 OS. This purchase is my second Blackberry device, and I suppose my last.

I really wanted a Passport when it came out but I couldn't justify the price. When I heard the news about Blackberry I looked it up and found the sale on, and figured it was my last chance to have a phone with a physical keyboard and great build quality. The Passport SE is in my mind the quintessential Blackberry device, and one worthy of carrying on a cult following. It is unlikely we'll ever see a device quite like the Passport again from any company.

Smartphones age badly for a few reasons;
    • A new model is released with better specs, and over time app developers take advantage of these technologies until the phone you own is too slow to run newer programs
    • The manufacturer releases a new operating system with new features, which gradually put more demand on the hardware (or allegedly in the case of Apple, intentionally throttle it... lets see how that court case ends up)
    • The functionality of the device becomes obsolete, e.g the device can no longer run modern web browsers, work with modern file formats and standards, or it relies on an external service that is no longer offered

As long as it is possible to create 3rd party software and there are mobile networks at the Passport can access, you can use it until it breaks or becomes obsolete. There are probably a few years left in it at least, which is all you can ask for when buying a new gadget.
    10-01-16 02:04 AM