So, I'm on my way out of iphone and really love the Passport! I'd like to give it a shot! My only concern? Is the BBOS on it's way out? Will I have no apps and support halfway through the year?
    Last edited by adeleilori; 09-22-16 at 11:37 PM.
    09-22-16 11:11 PM
    I wouldnt recommend anyone get a BB10 device at this point unless you already have one and just want a replacement. But anyone just moving to a bb10 device would need to know there are no major updates to the OS expected in the future and app support is minimal so if all you need is email and SMS then its ok but even facebook is mobile website at this point. A BB android device has 10x the potential that bb10 device has right now.
    BB10 OS will still have apps and the supports required. Except for the ones that don't. Whatsapp is among which, after the end of 2016. So if you think you cannot live without it, perhaps BB10 is not for you.

BBOS (or legacy devices) is another matter entirely. They are not BB10.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    09-22-16 11:20 PM
    It is on its way out, inb4 fanboys.

I'd consider an Android phone over it, personally.
    09-22-16 11:20 PM
    From the very little I know, I don't think bb10 will stop for at least couple of years. If I were you I would buy one now while the prices are these low. But would suggest to carry another phone for your apps. Where passport comes in will be mainly for the phone calls, emails, browsing, text. It will be difficult to type in another phone once you get used to the passport. This is a thorough work phone. In fact as I use 2 phones I usually type all my emails on passport, sometimes I'll forward an email from one phone to the passport to type it out and send it back to copy and paste, so it goes through that phone, due to different email addresses. You will also have better storage choices on passport as it has the option of micro sd card. You might find it difficult to carry 2 phone for while, but will be surprised how quick you will adapt to it. Good luck and hope you are able to take the right decision for your circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    MBrettH likes this.
    09-22-16 11:25 PM
    Don't expect any future support from any third party apps or services, if you can live with that then it will be fine. I couldn't do it myself.
    09-22-16 11:37 PM
    Yes, sadly, BlackBerry 10 will fade into obscurity. I have a Priv and I like having access to the app ecosystem. That said. I've just ordered myself a Passport SE on sale from BlackBerry.

I like the BlackBerry 10 experience and I'm going to continue to enjoy for as long as it makes me happy :-)

-via Crackberry� for Android� (6.0.1) from my Priv� by BlackBerry�
    MrSuit, MBrettH and anon(8989750) like this.
    09-22-16 11:52 PM
    That makes perfect sense Bcrbb! Thank you! I can see walking with 2 for a while, as my iphone has really become frustrating to work on!! If the Passport will make working easier (and I've heard it will!) then I'm willing to give it a shot! ....and prices ARE awesome right now! Why is that? Is it because people feel that the OS is going away?
    MBrettH likes this.
    09-22-16 11:57 PM
    Ok, so what I'm hearing is that the 10 experience is a good one, but don't expect it to be around for a very long time! I think that's fine for me.. I think it'll make a great transition out of iphone land! hahaha! I'll plan on moving on to something else when necessary..
    MBrettH likes this.
    09-23-16 12:00 AM
    Expect to enjoy it for at least 5 more years, methinks.
    Zeratul57, bigjman and MBrettH like this.
    09-23-16 12:33 AM
    Wow! That's actually a LOT longer than I thought! I can definitely do that! Thanks bhoqeem!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    09-23-16 12:51 AM
    I just sold my iPhone 6 for passport 4 days ago & guess what I feel? Alive..!
    Hahaha yeah that being said that I love BlackBerry more than kiddy iOS which give u a much professional productivity than iOS.
    Is it dying? I doubt it because some 3rd party company will make something for the apps like whatsapp, Facebook, etc which are going to end soon. For now I'm very glad with productivity of BlackBerry 10 & couldn't ask for more. I don't do much all of these apps like twitter, fb, instagram, snapchat, etc, so I cn live with it & will live with it. Unless u can't afford the app gap, I guess it's time to rethink ur decision..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:06 AM
    So, I'm on my way out of iphone and really love the Passport! I'd like to give it a shot! My only concern? Is the BBOS on it's way out? Will I have no apps and support halfway through the year?
    Definitely on its way out; on life support at the moment...

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-23-16 04:07 AM
    I am uncertain regarding the future of the BB10 OS, from what we've seen until now the updates are minor (at least from what I've heard), and the future updates will target only as security patches. If you want productivity at it's best pace, as fast writing, having multiple e-mail accounts, good battery life and good voice reception, then it's a perfect choice, but if you are more a common user like using a lot for apps, gaming and even for watching Youtube I don't think it's a right choice. Maybe if you know somebody to borrow a Passport for 2 weeks to see how you feel, will give you a pretty good idea if you can be satisfied with it or not.
    09-23-16 04:27 AM
    BB10 is overkill for watching youtube only, brah.
    09-23-16 05:48 AM
    It just goes to show how defunct SMS must be these days, with the panic over Whatsapp ending support for BB10.

What ever is a BB devoted 'brah' to do?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 09:37 AM
    I wouldnt recommend anyone get a BB10 device at this point unless you already have one and just want a replacement. But anyone just moving to a bb10 device would need to know there are no major updates to the OS expected in the future and app support is minimal so if all you need is email and SMS then its ok but even facebook is mobile website at this point. A BB android device has 10x the potential that bb10 device has right now.
    Uzi, tfitzpat03, BB-JAM215 and 3 others like this.
    09-23-16 09:54 AM
    Any android ain't gonna cut it. At least, not for me.
    09-23-16 10:59 AM
    Potential to get hacked? That's for sure 10 times.

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    09-23-16 11:31 AM
    still using bb10 haven't thought of going way, here to stay

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 02:53 PM
    You will be better off getting a Priv...or even a dtek60 when it comes out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 03:20 PM
    Passport is gla great hardware form factor for sure, but BB10 probably isn't long for this world. If you want email, sms, phone and browsing you should be fine indefinitely. Consider pretty much everything else a bonus I'd say.

Priv is on sale at the moment, maybe consider that... ?
    09-23-16 03:47 PM
    Hate the Priv!!!! The DEED is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAYYY! I'm a passport owner! Thank you everyone! Ya'll are awesome! Expect the questions to come! It's been years, and I'm excited to get back to BB, and start using this baby! Even if it's just a year or two, I'll enjoy my time! :-* Thanks!!!
    09-23-16 04:13 PM
    The available default apps and services on any BB10 device is more than enough to help me do my work and daily activities. If there's an app or two that I need and not readily available on BB10, I'd just get them on an Android/iPhone device--including whatsapp and whathaveyou. Or I'd just settle for BBM. Simple as that. So far the browser has been an adequate solution to some other apps--including facebook, my bank, paypal, and my company's website. And that's enough.

At least for me.
    dlrogers81 and MBrettH like this.
    09-23-16 04:14 PM
    Having to heft around two devices is the exact opposite of productive.
    09-23-16 04:37 PM
    Hate the Priv!!!! The DEED is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAYYY! I'm a passport owner! Thank you everyone! Ya'll are awesome! Expect the questions to come! It's been years, and I'm excited to get back to BB, and start using this baby! Even if it's just a year or two, I'll enjoy my time! :-* Thanks!!!
    You are going to love the passport feel free to ask any questions

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    09-23-16 04:57 PM
52 123