I switched to a PRIV, so I haven't been using it. I did make sure to fully charge it and turn it off. Last time I turned it on was a couple of weeks ago. However tonight I tried turning it on and nothing. No light, nothing at all. I plugged it into a PlayBook charger, still nothing. I use the PlayBook charger to power my wireless charger for the PRIV, but I will leave it plugged in over night to the PRIV charger which is more amps.
    Will this work?
    Is this a known issue?
    Do phones feel jealousy or get depressed?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-16 10:56 PM
    Well, after an overnight charge there is no difference. No light, nothing.
    I had my doubts there would be as when plugged in it was only pulling 0.2A which is no where near what it would pull if it was charging.
    What could have happened?
    It was fully charged when I powered it down, so how did it die?

I carried it to work it plug it into the 2.1A charger I have here, but not seeing a difference.
    Anyone one have any ideas what I could do? It would be a pity to loose this phone like this.
    09-22-16 08:43 AM
    My classic is the same way. Here's to hoping we get some answers.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    09-22-16 12:50 PM
    It seems my Classic took my switch to the Priv very hard and drifted away in it's sleep.
    Sad...
    09-22-16 03:43 PM
    Sounds like the battery thinks it's in survival mode and has stopped charging. I've revived a Z10 in this state, by constantly separating and reintroducing the charger...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 04:27 PM
    I tried this for a while with no luck. How long did it take you?

Any other suggestions?
    09-30-16 04:33 PM

Any other suggestions?
    I just stuck my charger in for five minutes, took it off and tried to turn it on. It came back on after the second or third attempt.

 Classically Posted ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    09-30-16 10:41 PM

Any other suggestions?
    A long time for my Z10. I used a PlayBook charger (2.1 amp, which helps), and IIRC, had to leave it connected overnight, then tried again next day, it felt like I had to disconnect/reconnect a hundred times.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for, and horrible SW keyboard of my Android
    10-02-16 03:01 AM
    A bit of an update:
    Just on a whim, I plugged it in last night and the LED came on, then the large battery symbol and the LED started glowing on and off. It is now fully charged.
    I have no idea why it decided to do so now. All I did was plug it in, so I have no solution.

I still have no idea why this happened in the 1st place since it was fully charged and off, so I'll monitor it to see if any unusual discharging is taking place while it is off.
    10-13-16 01:01 PM
    Had to turn on the Classic and noticed that the battery was almost dead. It was off, so I'm not sure why it's chewing through the battery in this way.
    If I do not keep check it I'm sure I'll end up right back at an unresponsive phone.
    10-23-16 07:41 PM
    I just got my Classic (unlocked from BB) about 4 months ago. Several weeks back it began, quite suddenly, to exhibit some similar behavior. Freezing, not charging, battery discharging at a high rate for no observable reason, and heating up, then randomly accepting charging again.

Finally got a full charge on it and managed to pull one more backup before it cratered completely. Oh well, she's still under warranty, got an RMA, went back to my Q10.

Imagine my shock when the service company, after some weeks pass, finally reports it's water damaged beyond repair. WTF? This phone has never suffered more than a rain drop or two. Upshot is: my fault, no warranty coverage. My jaw is still on the floor.

They asked if I wanted them to recycle or return the phone. You bet I want it back - this I gotta see. Waited 2 more weeks now and no sign of it yet. How long does it take to toss the bits in a bag?

I have this horrible sick feeling -- is it sitting in a bucket of water right now? Am I and my phone being hosed (figuratively and literally, respectively)? Did they claim "water damage" because there isn't a scratch on it and they couldn't reasonably claim it was otherwise mishandled?

I know that sounds paranoid. However I would take responsibility if I'd mistreated the phone, and I can't think how serious water damage could possibly have happened under my care without my noticing.

I've had my Q10 for 2-1/2 years. No issues.

I'm choked. I have neither the cash nor the temperament to consider a $500 phone to be a casual purchase. And I LOVED this phone so much that I'm going to have to buy another one even though I feel like there's some mix-up or I'm being lied to. The Classic happens to fit my use case that perfectly.

Reading these reports of similar mysterious behavior does nothing to allay my fears. Quite the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 12:32 AM
    that is a disgusting way to treat a customer
    11-17-16 05:37 AM
    Mine went crazy once and froze up, I managed to get it powered off for a reboot but then it did not want to come back on like it had been bricked. It turned on after holding the power button down for several seconds though.
    11-22-16 06:04 AM
    Though mine did eventually accept the charge it wasn't behaving correctly. It wouldn't give me neither the Picture Password or regular password screen upon boot. I would eventually get it after a few restarts. It also started this pop and hissing from the speaker occasionally. Someone suggested it may be water damaged, it has never encountered a drop and was working perfectly when I stopped using it for another phone, so unless water suddenly condenses internally....
    Quite strange.
    12-28-16 02:09 PM