I know some of you will be peeved for me saying this, but I need to say my peace. I have been a Blackberry 10 users since launch owning the Z10, Z30, Passport, Passport (AT&T), and Passport SE. Prior to that I had a number of BBOS devices, so I had placed my faith in BB for a long time. The HUB with BES10 has been my go to produce since the Z10 launch and the HUB on BB10 is still the best in the business. I love the integration of the HUB and all of the accounts especially work and personal email. However, the app gap has gotten so wide, some of the basic stuff is becoming a problem (banking apps etc...). I even own 2 Priv (one unlocked and other AT&T unlocked) to try Android. But with Android I have to use Good Work as a separate app, so the HUB experience is just not as good as my work and personal life are almost one and the same.

Anyway, I have recently had to move from AT&T to Verizon due to cell reception in a mountainous area of Western NC where I am building a second home. So I have given in and went to the iPhone 7 at launch. Having it for almost a week, I have this to say. Productivity for email is crap. Having to check 2 apps is almost as bad as the Android HUB/Good Work situation. Launching in iOS is crap as well. The platform is capable, but not optimal for those needing productivity with email/messaging. Anyway, at least now the banking apps all work.

I am going to keep my Passport SE for sentimental value, but all the others are going to go eventually on eBay. Just got to move on even if I have to be less productive like all of the other people I run into.

Blackberry would have me captivated on Android if they would get their act together and integrate Good Work into the HUB...I might even buy another Priv (Verizon) to give it a try. Thanks to those that read this and those that do not as well as those that just want to send me go to hate land...I certainly would like to stay a BB10 user, just tired of being the only one in a company of 275 people that either gets it with BB10 or the last one to the party. Live long and prosper...
    blaursen, Anilu7 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    09-21-16 07:44 PM
    09-21-16 08:00 PM
    I know some of you will be peeved for me saying this, but I need to say my peace. I have been a Blackberry 10 users since launch owning the Z10, Z30, Passport, Passport (AT&T), and Passport SE. Prior to that I had a number of BBOS devices, so I had placed my faith in BB for a long time. The HUB with BES10 has been my go to produce since the Z10 launch and the HUB on BB10 is still the best in the business. I love the integration of the HUB and all of the accounts especially work and personal email. However, the app gap has gotten so wide, some of the basic stuff is becoming a problem (banking apps etc...). I even own 2 Priv (one unlocked and other AT&T unlocked) to try Android. But with Android I have to use Good Work as a separate app, so the HUB experience is just not as good as my work and personal life are almost one and the same.

Anyway, I have recently had to move from AT&T to Verizon due to cell reception in a mountainous area of Western NC where I am building a second home. So I have given in and went to the iPhone 7 at launch. Having it for almost a week, I have this to say. Productivity for email is crap. Having to check 2 apps is almost as bad as the Android HUB/Good Work situation. Launching in iOS is crap as well. The platform is capable, but not optimal for those needing productivity with email/messaging. Anyway, at least now the banking apps all work.

I am going to keep my Passport SE for sentimental value, but all the others are going to go eventually on eBay. Just got to move on even if I have to be less productive like all of the other people I run into.

Blackberry would have me captivated on Android if they would get their act together and integrate Good Work into the HUB...I might even buy another Priv (Verizon) to give it a try. Thanks to those that read this and those that do not as well as those that just want to send me go to hate land...I certainly would like to stay a BB10 user, just tired of being the only one in a company of 275 people that either gets it with BB10 or the last one to the party. Live long and prosper...
    No problems.....you gotta do what you gotta do!
    09-21-16 10:52 PM
    You are dead to us now.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and acovey like this.
    09-21-16 11:53 PM
    Duces man. Enjoy the 7

Posted via CB10 on BBQ10
    09-22-16 12:08 AM
    I never understood why they were never able to make a deal with Google to get the Play Store so as to address the app gap. The few apps that I've tried using Cobalt's method work great, be it on my Passport or the Z10, except for those that use mapping functions.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    09-22-16 06:30 PM
    I never understood why they were never able to make a deal with Google to get the Play Store so as to address the app gap. The few apps that I've tried using Cobalt's method work great, be it on my Passport or the Z10, except for those that use mapping functions.

Easy. Google does not offer its apps and services to devices that aren't 100% Android.
    09-22-16 07:09 PM
    I've been using mostly BB10 devices the past few years, intermixed with all the other platforms. I've been using an iPhone for the past couple months and it's been a good experience overall, but I just ordered a Passport SE.

There is just no substitute for me. I am typing this post out on the amazing physical keyboard of a BlackBerry Q10 and I realize it would take me twice as long and with more mistakes on a virtual keyboard.

Add all the great features of BB10 and, even as a stagnant platform with limited apps it still shines. I'll supplement with a second phone when I need it.

Good luck with your next devices. I'm still not ready to give BB10 up.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    BCGrog, acovey, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-16 07:45 PM
    The Passport is such a productive device. For emails nothing beats it. I even preferred replying to emails on it even when I could use my laptop connected to my monitor.

Unfortunately using in "active" conditions and wearing loose light shorts with the Passport in one of the pockets was not great and very uncomfortable. Switching to the Q10 in these situations was perfect. Once in work mode during the normal week day, the Passport was a work horse. Taking calls was a bit awkward but bearable due to the great reception and huge battery. Pity my personal and work life relies heavily on WhatsApp, so I switched to the Priv. After some time, the cramped Priv PKB is now "acceptable" but nowhere in the same league as Q10 to or Passport or even the Classic. Good luck with iPhone 7. Have you ever considered Note 7 or even the old Note 4? The spen is very useful especially if you're in the construction field. Great for marking up plans, details etc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 08:02 PM
    Enjoy, our devices shouldn't define us. At least it's not a Samsung about to explode in your pocket!
    Jrox74 likes this.
    09-22-16 08:48 PM
    I totally see where you're sitting. I too have an SE Passport that Is second to none. The battery life, large screen that makes it easy to read whole pages and websites, and the awesome, second to none Hub.

I now have both Passport and iPhone 6S plus and on iOS even with the VIP inbox for email I lose important ones- either because I get mired in the main inbox or maybe just unfamiliarity with iOS (used it two weeks).

The need to check each messaging app separately is way more time-consuming than scanning the Hub or filtering by Priority. iOS does have a filter by unread email feature but the separation of social/messaging apps makes it slow.

However, I don't see any development on BB10 OS and without it, issues and bugs are cropping up and not being addressed. My beloved Passport is now having double typing and some glitches.

So sadly after Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport and experimenting with the BlackBerry Android apps on my OnePlus One, I bought the iPhone. It's fast, has great battery life and all the apps work smoothly. No issues found. For music lovers it's a loss as it can't play high-res files. But it's true - it does "just work".
    09-22-16 08:58 PM
    IPhone 7, really ? Gross!

I just don't get why people get that phone. Either they are apple fan boys or want to look trendy, or they are disillusioned because they see problems on their current phone and subconsciously imagine the all new iPhone 7 will be better.

enjoy the stupid 150� earplugs.

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    09-23-16 06:05 PM
    I totally see where you're sitting. I too have an SE Passport that Is second to none. The battery life, large screen that makes it easy to read whole pages and websites, and the awesome, second to none Hub.

I now have both Passport and iPhone 6S plus and on iOS even with the VIP inbox for email I lose important ones- either because I get mired in the main inbox or maybe just unfamiliarity with iOS (used it two weeks).

The need to check each messaging app separately is way more time-consuming than scanning the Hub or filtering by Priority. iOS does have a filter by unread email feature but the separation of social/messaging apps makes it slow.

However, I don't see any development on BB10 OS and without it, issues and bugs are cropping up and not being addressed. My beloved Passport is now having double typing and some glitches.

So sadly after Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport and experimenting with the BlackBerry Android apps on my OnePlus One, I bought the iPhone. It's fast, has great battery life and all the apps work smoothly. No issues found. For music lovers it's a loss as it can't play high-res files. But it's true - it does "just work".
    You said it doesn't do what you need so how does it just works? Well I guess there is "It just works" and then there is "it works great". Other than the camera which i am envious of for the supposed low light I don't see any + to iphones.
    acovey likes this.
    09-23-16 06:11 PM
    IPhone 7, really ? Gross!

I just don't get why people get that phone. Either they are apple fan boys or want to look trendy, or they are disillusioned because they see problems on their current phone and subconsciously imagine the all new iPhone 7 will be better.

enjoy the stupid 150� earplugs.

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    It's a good phone. Get a $10 adapter and you can use your earbuds. No need to knock people just because they have different tastes.

TgeekB likes this.
    09-23-16 06:37 PM
    It's a good phone. Get a $10 adapter and you can use your earbuds. No need to knock people just because they have different tastes.

I'm not knocking people, I'm knocking the phone

acovey likes this.
    09-24-16 03:24 AM
    I am still amazed with my Passport although I also use a Samsung Galaxy S6 (for unproductive things).

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:12 AM
    I'm not knocking people, I'm knocking the phone

Ah, I guess I misunderstood when you said the only reasons people would want one is because they're "fanboys" or want to look trendy.

They couldn't possibly want an iPhone because it's a good phone that does what they want, right?

09-24-16 08:48 AM
    Snap v3 works with Google maps but the only catch is it won't let you sign in to your account

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:50 AM
    I, too, live in Western, NC. Had to switch to US Cellular and all they offered was an old BlackBerry os7. I switched to Galaxy S6 but ended up with Note 4 because of space. Long story short, I use the BlackBerry Passport SE via WiFi tethering. I prefer an actual keyboard. I make too many mistakes with a screenboard. Know your plight so well!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:36 PM
    I've been using mostly BB10 devices the past few years, intermixed with all the other platforms. I've been using an iPhone for the past couple months and it's been a good experience overall, but I just ordered a Passport SE.

There is just no substitute for me. I am typing this post out on the amazing physical keyboard of a BlackBerry Q10 and I realize it would take me twice as long and with more mistakes on a virtual keyboard.

Add all the great features of BB10 and, even as a stagnant platform with limited apps it still shines. I'll supplement with a second phone when I need it.

Good luck with your next devices. I'm still not ready to give BB10 up.

I feel like you and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to phones. I went from a 6Plus and Priv back to my Red Passport for the exact same reason. I can't let go of what BB10 has to offer me. I'm becoming less and less active on social media and what BB10 does do simply works for me.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    09-24-16 04:59 PM
    Dear OP enjoy the iPhone 7. Keep us updated.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-25-16 03:11 AM
    I still think blackberry should do a system upgrade for the passport, and make it android! Then the beloved passports can continue with it short life for sooooo much longer, and be enjoyed by soooo many people

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-25-16 03:46 AM
    What's wrong with book marking the bank website?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 05:20 AM
    What's wrong with book marking the bank website?

Posted via CB10
    You can only do mobile deposits through the app.
    09-25-16 06:29 AM
    Easy. Google does not offer its apps and services to devices that aren't 100% Android.
    Nevertheless, I wish BlackBerry had negotiated some kind of deal. I suppose Google doesn't like BlackBerry's sandboxes runtime, tough to get user data.

09-27-16 07:16 AM
26 12