Here are links to follow and to file a complaint to the FCC (Federal Communications Commission):

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=39744

It does not take that long. You will have to provide personal information to the FCC which is used to process your complaints. The FCC will then contact Verizon with your information. Verizon did contact me to make sure that I was the one who filed. Verizon is now supposedly investigating my complaint and comments. Verizon will have to reply to me and to the FCC. Ultimately, Verizon might just brush us off but if enough people raise these security concerns regarding relatively new phones, the FCC might take action.

You might want to raise issues similar to the following:

"You don't want announced security holes left unpatched while carriers prefer to sell new phones. If nothing else you also want more control over Permissions which Marshmallow provides.

When Google issues these security patches they outline what it is that they are patching. In other words, there is a public release that says Exploits A, B, C and F were fixed. These public announcements let the villains know where the problems were but that they are fixed except for owners of the Verizon Privs who are not protected! There are now over 200 exploits that Blackberry has fixed but that have not been fixed on Verizon Privs. All or almost all other carriers have issued timely Security Updates following Blackberry's lead.

Besides the Security Updates, you may want the GRANULAR PERMISSIONS that come with Marshmallow. That way you can close some of the loopholes so that your contacts, calendar, phone and ID are not open to half of the Google App programmers."

Here's a link to an article about a Netherlands' consumer group trying to take action against Samsung

(Update: official comment) Samsung sued by consumer watchdog for failing to update its phones - Android Authority
    Uzi, ggendel, Wezard and 8 others like this.
    09-10-16 10:27 AM
    Agreed especially with the PRIV tag price and the advertising as the most secure android smartphones
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-16 10:36 AM
    Good thread F2.
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    09-10-16 12:57 PM
    Thanks for doing this. I have been working in this vein for several weeks now and my complaint has expanded dramatically. The FCC agent I'm working with has been very helpful and has sent an email to Verizon telling them to stop trying to side-step answering my complaint. The agent actually suggested my filing a complaint with the FTC, which I recently did.

The more people submit, the more we will become noticed by Verizon.
    FF22, Wezard and 00stryder like this.
    09-10-16 01:17 PM
    I'd do this, but my concern is that my phone is on our corporate account, and don't want it affecting the company.
    09-10-16 04:51 PM
    I'd do this, but my concern is that my phone is on our corporate account, and don't want it affecting the company.
    Seems to me that your company would be very concerned about security issues like this.
    jabbs1 and deadcowboy like this.
    09-10-16 05:37 PM
    I filed a complaint

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-10-16 06:22 PM
    I definitely can understand. As that ABRASIVE chap suggested: Maybe your company would be concerned or even file as a company - that could lend more weight to our concerns.
    09-10-16 07:22 PM
    I definitely can understand. As that ABRASIVE chap suggested: Maybe your company would be concerned or even file as a company - that could lend more weight to our concerns.
    Mine is on our Company account as well - I filed the complaint under my own name and information but also related that this was indeed under a very large Corporate account and within the complaint that our Company is VERY Security based, and this lack of concern and patching from VZW may just force our hand to change carriers as a whole and move to another that is concerned about its user base as well and in addition to Security patching.
    09-12-16 10:21 AM
    Not to duplicate a reply elsewhere, but I also filed a complaint and received an email today from the FCC that the complaint was filed with Verizon who must provide a written response to FCC and me within 30 days.

Please file complaints if you feel you should be getting the security updates like is done with Every.other.provider.

Posted on my Still Awesome Z30
    FF22, newcollector and 00stryder like this.
    09-12-16 10:31 AM
    Problem is I'm the only one in the company with a Priv (on Verizon, there's one other with a different carrier), and we don't have that large of an account, most devices are byod.
    FF22 and deadcowboy like this.
    09-12-16 02:38 PM
    I got this interesting reply from the FCC this morning. They claim to have closed my case before I've even seen Verizon's response. I've already replied suggesting that they not close the case until I've had a chance to receive and review Verizon's response unless, of course, Verizon has issued or is planning on issuing the Security Updates released by Blackberry.

"FCC Consumer Complaints(FCC Complaints)
    Sep 12, 12:41 PM EDT

Hi F2,

Your Ticket No. xxxxxx was served on your carrier for its review and response.

Your carrier has provided the FCC with a response to your complaint. You should receive a copy of the response from the carrier within 7-10 days via postal mail. As such, no further action is required. Your complaint is closed.

We appreciate your submission and help in furthering the FCC’s mission on behalf of consumers."
    09-12-16 02:48 PM
    BTW I have filed against carriers before on a number portability problem and it was simply amazing ​how fast they cut the crap and took care of it
    FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    09-12-16 02:51 PM
    Someone by the name of Greg called today for VzW corporate and then when I called back his name turned into Kenneth, so now he is Kenneth Greg, so I was told by the operator, I was told that I would receive a call from a supervisor within 2 hours by Quenton Friday and now it is 24 to 48 hours, the operator doesn't know why I was told 2 hours by Quenton. Getting better huh? So now I am waiting for Kenneth Greg to call me back, at least I got another rep. I think I am going to have a bit of fun with this moron too. Have not received a "closed" status from the FCC yet. Greg left a message that stated that VzW has not received any updates from BB or Google that the phone is as updated as it is going to get, deal with it!
    We shall see.
    Here is something that bothers me -- I just updated openSUSE with a new Kernel that was labeled "critical security update," isn't it odd that VzW let me download it and apply it to my computer but refuses to allow "critical" updates on my phone, odd huh?
    I just tipped Phandroid on the plight with the Priv, perhaps if we get media coverage it would help some.
    Last edited by 1linuxfreak; 09-12-16 at 03:37 PM.
    FF22 and zephyr613 like this.
    09-12-16 03:24 PM
    Guys feel this this is the only way you can do something and pressure those from VZW.. Good thread F2
    09-12-16 03:26 PM
    I received an email from Verizon corporate this afternoon, asking for the best time and number to speak with me about my FCC complaint. I intend to maintain a professional approach to this process and communication with them. This is important for all of us. We are responsible customers who value our privacy, security, and identity and the failure to distribute the security updates threatens all of that and ultimately can result in liability for Verizon for preventable security breaches.

FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    09-12-16 06:30 PM
    I received an email from Verizon corporate this afternoon, asking for the best time and number to speak with me about my FCC complaint. I intend to maintain a professional approach to this process and communication with them. This is important for all of us. We are responsible customers who value our privacy, security, and identity and the failure to distribute the security updates threatens all of that and ultimately can result in liability for Verizon for preventable security breaches.

Wish you luck, VzW reps don't care about your/our security, they say the Priv is as secure as it is going to get on VzW network.
    We may have to turn our assaults towards BB, and push for an autoloader that we can push our own updates both security and OS.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-16 06:43 PM
    From blackberry support to me :

I apologize for all the inconveniences and the long delay in answering you question and have opened this case to solely *provide you with an answer.

I have looked into this situation to verify if there was anything we can do in order to address this issue. During my research I have found out that Verizon hold a contract with BlackBerry that provides them with the ability to alter the operating system to add their features and applications. We have provided Verizon with the software for both the security patches and the Marshmallow operating system. With that being said, it is up to them to either release the updates to their devices or to alter and add their information in order to customize the experience for their customers as other providers do. Please note that before they release any operating system update, they must ensure that the update works with their service to prevent down time for their customer and to ensure they will be able to utilize there device to the fullest. *I must inform you that we are not privy to their internal information for updates or *software development. With that being said I regret to inform you that you would need to contact Verizon for any *further information regarding updates and software releases for your device. *As you have purchased your device directly through Verizon they also hold the warranty for your device and any refund or replacement would need to be processed through Verizon directly as we have no influence on the policies.

09-13-16 01:18 AM
    From blackberry support to me :

I apologize for all the inconveniences and the long delay in answering you question and have opened this case to solely *provide you with an answer.

I have looked into this situation to verify if there was anything we can do in order to address this issue. During my research I have found out that Verizon hold a contract with BlackBerry that provides them with the ability to alter the operating system to add their features and applications. We have provided Verizon with the software for both the security patches and the Marshmallow operating system. With that being said, it is up to them to either release the updates to their devices or to alter and add their information in order to customize the experience for their customers as other providers do. Please note that before they release any operating system update, they must ensure that the update works with their service to prevent down time for their customer and to ensure they will be able to utilize there device to the fullest. *I must inform you that we are not privy to their internal information for updates or *software development. With that being said I regret to inform you that you would need to contact Verizon for any *further information regarding updates and software releases for your device. *As you have purchased your device directly through Verizon they also hold the warranty for your device and any refund or replacement would need to be processed through Verizon directly as we have no influence on the policies.

It's clear that verizon fault, Dang!
    09-13-16 01:20 AM
    It's clear that verizon fault, Dang!
    Well, any other anecdotal evidence to the contrary, we figured that out a long time ago.
    Uzi and 00stryder like this.
    09-13-16 07:59 AM
    Well, any other anecdotal evidence to the contrary, we figured that out a long time ago.
    Sad to see BlackBerry can't do anything since they hold contract with Verizon
    09-13-16 08:01 AM
    I live in Canada and can't participate in this, BUT I support it 100%.
    ALL THE POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

HA! I got a Priv
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-13-16 08:39 AM
    Sad to see BlackBerry can't do anything since they hold contract with Verizon
    Makes you wonder what BlackBerry is afraid to lose at this point though, it's not like Verizon is really going out of their way to help with device sales/support, this particular issue aside. I'm definitely buying factory unlocked/GSM from now on for BlackBerry devices or any other OEMs I choose, I'm tired of all the CDMA/Verizon restrictions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    09-13-16 08:49 AM
    I agree, 00stryder. What has BlackBerry got to lose? It is not as if Verizon is actually actively trying to sell or promote any BlackBerry device. Company stores in Louisville don't even stock them so a person can check them out. Everything is special order. And BlackBerry is losing device sales because Verizon is not updating. Crazy.
    FF22, 00stryder and naeempriv like this.
    09-13-16 09:17 AM
    Makes you wonder what BlackBerry is afraid to lose at this point though, it's not like Verizon is really going out of their way to help with device sales/support, this particular issue aside. I'm definitely buying factory unlocked/GSM from now on for BlackBerry devices or any other OEMs I choose, I'm tired of all the CDMA/Verizon restrictions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    Maybe just a guess, law suit from Verizon if BlackBerry push the update?
    09-13-16 09:25 AM
289 123 ...