Where can I purchase a Priv on the Verizon network other than going through Verizon?

I bought my Z30 through Amazon.com, but I can't find the Verizon Priv there.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 02:06 AM
    I think your stuck with Verizon, unless you can find a used one somewhere.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-09-16 07:03 PM
    Four choices.

1. Verizon Online
    2. Verizon Corporate Store
    3. Verizon Authorized Retailer
    4. Used from Ebay or Amazon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 07:14 PM
    Thank you all for the replies.

This is sad. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that Verizon is making it impossible to avoid upgrade fees.
    09-10-16 07:52 AM
    If you call them and tell at them and threaten to cancel, they may waive the upgrade fees.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-10-16 10:04 AM
    For your amusement...

Here is the runaround I got from a few phone calls made today regarding purchase options for the Priv:

Called Verizon. They basically said that they have the phone for purchase or a payment plan (knew that). They also said, yeah, go ahead and purchase from Amazon. When I told them that I cannot find it on Amazon, the CSR went to her internet page and said "There are plenty of unlocked phones". When I looked on the page she mentioned, I had to inform her that GSM Priv is the only option available and Verizon is CDMA. She got flustered and said, "Well Verizon is eventually going to drop CDMA". (That's news to me). I then had to also inform her that there were no phones sold that is the CDMA network now. She mumbled some more garbage before apologizing for the misinformation. Ugh.

Called Blackberry. The CSR told me that if I wanted the Priv from the BB website, it would only work on GSM networks and that I'd have to go to Verizon for CDMA. I told her I wanted my own phone from another vendor. The CSR then said go to Amazon. I gave her the same info that Amazon doesn't have the CDMA version. I then asked her, what other vendors do you send your CDMA Verizon Priv to other than Verizon. She said....(drum roll)....she said, "We only know that you can get your GSM Priv from Blackberry website direct, and they have no information about third party sellers like Amazon. I said, "So you are telling me you have no idea where else your CDMA Priv phones go and you are Blackberry Corporate"? She said "Yes. If you want to know if Amazon sells the CDMA Blackberry Priv, you must call Amazon, not Blackberry.

I must say I was shocked at how brain dead the people at Blackberry are. They apparently don't know where they send their Priv CDMA phones to be sold.

Called Amazon. They were incredibly professional. They say they sold it once, but it's not on the site anymore. That's also news to me, as I've never seen it on sale for the CDMA network on their site. I must have missed it.

Bottom line: Oh well. Verizon must have gotten wise to the work around for upgrade fees.
    09-10-16 10:55 AM
    Four choices.

1. Verizon Online
    2. Verizon Corporate Store
    3. Verizon Authorized Retailer
    4. Used from Ebay or Amazon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    A fifth option for used is Swappa. None currently listed, but Swappa does have the Verizon variant from time to time.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    09-15-16 12:57 PM
    There is are two more options:
    (1) Leave Verizon for prepaid on AT&T network via StraightTalk and 4G LTE
    1. Pick up a brand new PRIV from the BlackBerry store for only $425 right here
    2. Pick up a StraightTalk SIM from Walmart in the StraightTalk green color coded section sold in the BYOP Package, or at www.StraightTalk.com. It includes a 1 month scratch off pin
    3. Follow easy instructions to set up phone
    4. Enjoy more money remaining in wallet

StraightTalk charges $44.95 plus sales tax (THAT'S IT, NO fees, surcharges, school tax, etc.) for Unlimited talk & text and 5GB of data. When you hit 5GB of data it throttles it to 128kbps, which still permits email and lite web browsing like banking. The $55/mo option is 10GB of data.

Additional benefits is that this phone from the BlackBerry store is not carrier specific: you will receive all updates before carrier's send them out. As of today, AT&T and Verizon still didn't release the Marshmallow update, months later.

I have used StraightTalk for years. Currently using it with my BB Passport

(2) Buy a PRIV from Verizon then use the prepaid service by TotalWireless (subsidiary of StraightTalk/TracFone)

This option keeps you on the Verizon network (4G LTE) if you really don't want to go to AT&T. The price is slightly lower per month with the same benefits as StraightTalk.

Start again by picking up the BYOP package at the TotalWireless section at WalMart, or at www.TotalWireless.com

Since there are no SIM chips, a simple card with a scratch off code for network access is provided
    Last edited by Machete Santa; 09-23-16 at 06:18 PM.
    09-23-16 06:08 PM