I've got a priv set up on Android For Work. I've populated a few contacts into my work account. They appear in the Work Contacts App. However, they are not available in the SMS or Phone app. I tried initiating a text from within the HUB and it launched the messages app but that only brought me to the app waiting for an addressee and nothing listed in the all contacts. Since a phone call can't be initiated from within the HUB, launching the phone app gives me no contacts as well.

How is this supposed to be managed when using BES 12?

Thanks,

Roveer
    09-06-16 01:17 PM
    At present, this is the intended behavior as the Phone and SMS apps were not designed to communicate with the work profile (as ridiculous as that may seem -- it's true). We discovered this just days after the Priv launched, and are still waiting on a fix from Google and/or BlackBerry. If you look back at older forum posts its been discussed at length.

There are two ways to work around this presently:

1) Export your work contacts and import them to a personal account such as Gmail.
    2) In addition to your AfW activation, you can add your Exchange account via ActiveSync and have it only sync the contacts.
    My guess would be that your BES Admin needs to set that. HOWEVER I'll see if I can get someone with more knowledge to answer.
    09-06-16 03:41 PM
    Spitballing here, so forgive me if I'm completely wrong. Just tossing out an idea... (cuz I don't have my hands on a Priv to test the theory)

Go into your device's normal contacts app. Go into the app's settings, and look for the "contacts to display" option. And see if you can turn on/enable your Android For Work contacts.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-06-16 03:56 PM
    At present, this is the intended behavior as the Phone and SMS apps were not designed to communicate with the work profile (as ridiculous as that may seem -- it's true). We discovered this just days after the Priv launched, and are still waiting on a fix from Google and/or BlackBerry. If you look back at older forum posts its been discussed at length.

There are two ways to work around this presently:

1) Export your work contacts and import them to a personal account such as Gmail.
    2) In addition to your AfW activation, you can add your Exchange account via ActiveSync and have it only sync the contacts.
    pkcable and DenverRalphy like this.
    09-07-16 09:21 AM