I'm having a phone disaster at the moment and my 9900s (though wonderful) are destined for the 9900 burial ground. I'm a trackpad nut so the Classic is my next option. I hadn't realized that so many places have sold out (everyone must be thinking the same thing).

I really won't buy off Ebay anymore (too many conmen I've had bad experiences with) and Swappa has nothing. Also, taking a risk on Amazon isn't something I want to do.

Does ANYONE know of a trustworthy alternative website or store to get a fabulous used, or even new, Classic? I can't even find one on Marketplace (which seems to be very slow at the moment). We have to do Verizon wireless as that's the only provider who can provide half decent reception where we are and I think the GSM versions won't work on Verizon? (again - if anyone knows - can you reply on this?)

Thoughts or advice?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by TLD1; 08-26-16 at 01:03 PM.
    08-26-16 09:51 AM
    How much are you looking to spend? Have you looked at craigslist?
    08-26-16 09:55 AM
    GSM won't work on Verizon. Can you find a Q10? Sometimes I'm sorry I sold mine. No track pad, though.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    08-26-16 09:58 AM
    I'm having a phone disaster at the moment and my 9900s (though wonderful) are destined for the 9900 burial ground. I'm a trackpad nut so the Classic is my next option. I hadn't realized that so many places have sold out (everyone must be thinking the same thing).

I really won't buy off Ebay anymore (too many conmen I've had bad experiences with) and Swappa has nothing. Also, taking a risk on Amazon isn't something I want to do.

Does ANYONE know of a trustworthy alternative website or store to get a fabulous used, or even new, Classic? I can't even find one on Marketplace (which seems to be very slow at the moment). We have to do Verizon wireless as that's the only provider who can provide half decent reception where we are and I think the GSM versions won't work on Verizon? (again - if anyone knows - can you reply on this?)

Thoughts or advice?
    Thanks!
    I have a ATT classic
    08-26-16 10:06 AM
    I have a ATT classic
    I know when I had a verizon Z30 I put a att sim in it from my work iphone4s and worked fine
    08-26-16 10:12 AM
    Why don't you just buy directly from BlackBerry? Is that secure/trustworthy enough for you? Just go to shopblackberry.com and order it. I believe there are a number of folks (BB Elite team) who often share their referral/discount codes. I think it gives you 10% off your purchase.

But what is the concern with eBay? I thought they have all those consumer protection mechanisms in place and you can return if what you receive is different from what was stated. And on top of that, PayPal protection. With eBay, you are getting used devices or perhaps ones that are almost new and would likely get a better deal. However, if you are more comfortable buying directly from source and paying full price, then shopBlackBerry is likely your best bet.
    08-26-16 10:21 AM
    That's what I was thinking - maybe given that Classic (whether CDMA or GSM) has both systems - if I could just put a different SIM in?
    08-26-16 10:26 AM
    BB is not selling the CDMA version themselves - in fact everything I have seen on the BB website just says "not compatible with Sprint"
    08-26-16 10:27 AM
    I suppose. Thanks for that!
    08-26-16 10:27 AM
    I'm happy to go up to about $200 depending on condition. I didn't even THINK of Craigslist. Thanks!
    08-26-16 10:28 AM
    Amazon has a lot of black ones. I got my blue one from Shop BlackBerry though.

And Amazon ones are covered by BlackBerry's warranty support services too.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the info! I didn't realize BB covers the Amazon phones
    08-26-16 03:13 PM
    PayPal only works so far. Describing a phone as having 'minor signs of wear' for instance remains fairly subjective; I don't think PayPal's protection can do much in such a case. I bought a Classic a few days ago on PayPal France for 200�, brand new, box sealed. It is a guarantee the phone's never even been touched, and 'new & sealed' does not lend itself to any interpretation. If the box comes unsealed, I'll ask for a refund. Period. And if the seller's a crook, PayPal should step in on the basis of the phone's unequivocal description. Overall, I think PayPal is a nice site for good deals if you check the sales on a regular basis.
    dollface likes this.
    08-27-16 06:45 AM
    PayPal only works so far. Describing a phone as having 'minor signs of wear' for instance remains fairly subjective; I don't think PayPal's protection can do much in such a case. I bought a Classic a few days ago on PayPal France for 200€, brand new, box sealed. It is a guarantee the phone's never even been touched, and 'new & sealed' does not lend itself to any interpretation. If the box comes unsealed, I'll ask for a refund. Period. And if the seller's a crook, PayPal should step in on the basis of the phone's unequivocal description. Overall, I think PayPal is a nice site for good deals if you check the sales on a regular basis.
    Wait, you can buy items on Paypal's website? I did not know that. I am in the US
    08-27-16 10:29 AM
    PayPal only works so far. Describing a phone as having 'minor signs of wear' for instance remains fairly subjective; I don't think PayPal's protection can do much in such a case. ....
    But that is why it is important to see detailed pictures of the device from different angles and ask questions as to what is meant by "minor signs of wear". I totally agree it is very subjective, and that is why I always ask questions and ask to describe in detail whether there are any dents, dings, scratches, etc., regardless of whether "they" believe it to be "not significant". It is really no different than any other mechanism in which you buy "used" goods and you need to take the proper precautions.

If the seller/vendor is reluctant to provide additional pictures or describe in detail some of the blemishes or wear, I would move on to one that would. Just my opinion though.
    08-29-16 09:50 AM
    Sorry, I meant ebay France, not paypal.
    08-29-16 02:39 PM
    [QUOTE=mdbd;12564288]I'm having a phone disaster at the moment and my 9900s (though wonderful) are destined for the 9900 burial ground. I'm a trackpad nut so the Classic is my next option. I hadn't realized that so many places have sold out (everyone must be thinking the same thing).

Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Classic Emergency!-11015.jpg  
    09-13-16 12:32 PM
    Sadly my employer went to office 365 and dropped support for BlackBerry OS10. So my like new VZW BlackBerry Classic is going up for sale. PIN 3360059D

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 02:17 PM
    I know when I had a verizon Z30 I put a att sim in it from my work iphone4s and worked fine
    All Verizon LTE devices have GSM compatibility, but for voice you still need the CDMA radio stack, which means that Verizon customers need a Verizon branded handset for service, or to get the device provisioned on Verizon's network.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 05:26 AM
    Sadly my employer went to office 365 and dropped support for BlackBerry OS10. So my like new VZW BlackBerry Classic is going up for sale. PIN 3360059D

Posted via CB10
    We are also on office365. Push mail still works on my bb classic.
    09-18-16 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry 10 uses ActiveSync and is quite happy with my Office365 Exchange account.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 09:16 PM