As a playbook owner,

The playbook has been great!! Really love the os and swiping gestures. But it's time to move on I tried android. With nexus 7 2013.. but I want to be different ...

I'm hesitating between a 8 " windows tablet... or an amazon fire hdx.... I know about the app gab on both. I know the kindle runs android...

I love the windows tiles... it's well-being thought.

I want to use one of these for school... I'd like to use Microsoft PowerPoint on hdx but not sure if it will work...

What's going on in my head,

Windows, I love the tiles.. I'm worried that because of Windows ten their are no more tiles like Windows 8.. is there a browser ( mobile browser) not like a pc where you have to press a x to close the app. I have dell venue 8 pro in mind or ThinkPad 8

Amazon, very similar to BlackBerry tablet os but I feel a bit locked.. no customizable.. I know there will be more apps.. good but I'm used to the app gab..

What do you recommend ?? Don't like ios. Don't mind android.. it's just that small android tablets are cheap and slow.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 07:00 PM
    tried android. With nexus 7 2013..
    hesitating between a 8 " windows tablet... or an amazon fire hdx.
    worried that because of Windows ten their are no more tiles like Windows 8
    Amazon, very similar to BlackBerry tablet os but I feel a bit locked.. no customizable
    Don't like ios.

Sick with the playbook!
    08-24-16 08:13 PM
    ??

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 08:14 PM
    ??

Posted via CB10
    I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 8" running Windows 10 and I don't really like it all that much. That's just me though. You may like it. It has no USB and being windows 10 it seems to update something every 2 or 3 seconds so you can't really do anything on it. Slight exaggeration but it seems that way. Honestly I think I use my Playbook more. I don't do a huge amount of Web browsing but mostly use my tablets for movie watching or media consumption of some sort. The Lenovo has poor battery life and I despise the power adapter it comes with. (bulky and thick). Anyway, I thought I would toss those negative thoughts your way.
    08-24-16 09:53 PM
    thanks, btw its me joey... Joey Hutchison uses google+ to login.. wich is not supported on playbook crackberry app... so have a new acount...

any way, yeah I thought about the same thing, I know windows ten is a kind of downgrade for small tablets... since I love the playbook os.. the amazon is great for me since its similar... thanks for the reply!
    08-25-16 08:35 AM
    I suggest that you score a cheap Nexus tablet with community dev support. I have the N7 2012; even that gets custom Marshmallow builds.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 04:05 PM
    Yeah. Changed my mined !! Since I got Evernote working on playbook il be keeping it for the next year !! And I'd like to see a nexus 8 anytime soon!!!

So I'll keep the playbook for an other year!! Really love playbook...

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-25-16 07:52 PM
    When and if you move on, I think you will find that an 8 inch windows tablet is an acceptable successor to the Playbook. Windows 10 absolutely still has tiles.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 07:07 AM
    Yeah. Changed my mined !! Since I got Evernote working on playbook il be keeping it for the next year !! And I'd like to see a nexus 8 anytime soon!!!

So I'll keep the playbook for an other year!! Really love playbook...

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear you were able to find a way to keep the PlayBook going and it still works for you! I do miss the PB and wish it had some community development support (short of BB doing anything).
    anon(9984597) likes this.
    08-26-16 09:21 AM
    Glad to hear you were able to find a way to keep the PlayBook going and it still works for you! I do miss the PB and wish it had some community development support (short of BB doing anything).
    yeah tbey have the perfect os... the multitasking, and a kind of blackberry hub... the hardware is unbeatable... front facing stereo speaker!! so loud!! the last thing I have to do is buy a new battery..
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-26-16 09:37 AM
    Kindle Fire HDX 7" is your answer! Much like you, I held on to using my Playbook for as long as possible but I finally made the switch. The HDX is amazing, it has swipe gestures similar to the Playbook, a great processor and a fantastic web browser. The app store isn't terrible, but keep in mind that almost every Android app can be easily sideloaded without issue.
    anon(9984597) likes this.
    09-03-16 06:39 PM
    yes!

I sended you a pm.. since you own a hdx!
    09-03-16 09:47 PM