Hello! I currently am using a Sprint Palm Centro (yes, I know, it's an ancient relic, but I really liked it - unfortunately, I can't access and/or use most websites anymore. It's strictly phone calls and text messages these days.)

My goal is to purchase a used Blackberry Bold from a third party - not Sprint directly - and get it on my Sprint account..

I don't know how to go about changing/registering/configuring my account from the Centro to the Bold. (I do realize I need to obtain a new plan.) The Centro does not have a SIM card.

This is probably a dumb question, but I have no idea what steps to follow once I buy the Sprint Blackberry Bold. Who/how do I contact at Sprint to make this happen? Can I keep my current number? Are there any extra fees I will need to pay, since I'm not buying a new phone from Sprint directly? What other information do I need?

The Centro is the only mobile phone I've had, and I purchased it and my Sprint plan at the same time, directly from the Sprint website. So I know absolutely nothing about purchasing a used phone and getting it to work with a network. But I'm hoping that it's possible!

Thank You in advance, and have an awesome day!
    08-15-16 07:21 PM
    I don't know how to go about changing/registering/configuring my account from the Centro to the Bold. (I do realize I need to obtain a new plan.) The Centro does not have a SIM card.

This is probably a dumb question, but I have no idea what steps to follow once I buy the Sprint Blackberry Bold. Who/how do I contact at Sprint to make this happen? Can I keep my current number? Are there any extra fees I will need to pay, since I'm not buying a new phone from Sprint directly? What other information do I need?
    All of these things can be answered by Sprint Customer Care. You're going to have to call them anyway, might as well make them work for your money.

1 - Who to contact? - Sprint customer care.
    2 - You can keep your number.
    3 - Only Sprint can answer that as they're the ones who know what your plan consists of. Things vary depending on what you have, when you signed up, what plan you may be moving to, how long you been a customer etc etc.
    4 - The information off of the phone such as the ESN/IMEI, possibly serial number, etc.

Long story short, call Sprint. They can advise you better.
    08-15-16 11:37 PM
    Also, with a little searching the secondary market (Ebay) you will find either a good used Bold or a Q10. Just make sure the seller states the Bold is a 9930 for Sprint or the Q10 is an SQN100-4 for Sprint. If your patient you will find a "new old stock" in a sealed box. They are still around but getting scarcer. I currently have 2 Q10s and a 9930 as a back up. I would strongly recommend the Q10 over the Bold as the preferred model as it has the more modern OS with much better browser capability (browser on the Bold is downright painful) and superior app selection (including many android apps). In addition, I would not advise a Q10 that has been refurbished by Sprint as some of these have proven to be unable to lock on to 3g signal. Once you get the phone, call Sprint as Bla1ze suggested. Let us know how it goes!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Davantazh; 08-16-16 at 06:43 AM.
    08-16-16 06:06 AM
    +1 on Q10 from a former Bold user, which was a great phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 07:45 AM
    I'm a sprint customer and had to leave my BB Bold behind two years ago bcuz they no longer support it.
    12-02-16 04:29 PM