So I have WAMP installed on a PC with a bunch of different HTML and PHP files. I want to access these files from my Passport.

I found the files I want to open, but as soon as I click on one it says it is unable to open. My question is how to open these files in a browser, just like a regular webpage - if possible at all?

Also, would it be possible to access my PC files (just like I do from the file manager) directly from the browser? I can access files by typing in
    Code:
    file://
    in the browser, but I can only see the device memory and external SD card.

Any ideas?
    07-30-16 01:37 PM
    Solution: hostname - Setting up WAMP to run on LAN, including mobile access, iPhone - Stack Overflow

ok this is how we've worked it out here and it's working fine for my requirements. In a nutshell it's open up port 80 for private requests, and config apache to handle the requests. Each site gets its own IP address within the LAN. Then the iPhone, and other computers, can access the webpages hosted by your computer. If you're running Apache on a port other than 80, use that number instead.

To open up Port 80 on Windows 7

Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall Open up Advanced Configuration and open Inbound Rules, create a New Rule. Choose Port, click Next, choose TCP and enter 80 as the port, click Next. Choose "Allow the connection" and click Next. Check the Private box only, clear the Domain and Public ones. Click Next. Give it a name and a description, here I added a note that I'd made this rule to help remind me what it was for in the future. Ok all of that and exit the window.

What's my LAN IP address?

Now you need to know what the IP is of your hosting computer, and it needs to be static. This depends on your router I understand, so check in your router admin if you need to. To get your IP address open Command Line, type

ipconfig /all

scroll back up through the output and find the line showing Address IPv4 - this should state your LAN IP address, e.g. 192.168.2.100 - make a note of it, close the Command window.

Assign Multiple IP addresses to your host PC

You need to do this to be able to run more than one website from the root, each site will have its own IP address on the LAN. Open Network and Sharing Centre, you'll see a link to Local Area Connection next to your active network, click that link, and click on Properties in the popup. Click the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", and then Properties. Now choose the option "Use the following IP address:" and enter your IP, e.g. 192.168.2.100. Leave the default subnet mask, and then enter the IP of your router on the LAN, mine was 192.168.2.1. Also add that IP for the Preferred DNS Server in the table below.

Click on "Advanced...". Now you enter your IP address again in this table, and also add the other IP addresses you want to use to host your sites. They must be vacant IPs on your LAN. I just needed one more IP, and there are only 2 PCs and one iPhone using my network so I just added 10 to the IP, 192.168.2.100 and 192.168.2.110. Make a note of the IPs you set up. Click OK and save all the way out of those popups.

Configure Apache

Now Apache needs to know what to do with these IP addresses, so find the httpd.conf file first, mine was here:

Code:
    C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf\httpd.conf
    Find the line:

Code:
    Listen 80
    and change it to add your IP addresses with the port:

Code:
    Listen 192.168.2.100:80
    Listen 192.168.2.110:80
    Further down in this file you need to configure the access to the directories that host your sites, like this:
    Code:
    <Directory "c:/wamp/www/test_website_aaaaaa/">
      allow from all
    </Directory>

<Directory "c:/wamp/www/test_website_bbbbbb/">
      allow from all
    </Directory>
    Save and close the file. Now find the httpd-vhosts.conf file, mine was here:

Code:
    C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf
    Here you need to add VirtualHost directives to point the IP address at your folders, like this:

Code:
    <VirtualHost 192.168.2.110:80>
        DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/www/test_website_aaaaaa"
    </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.2.110:80>
        DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/www/test_website_bbbbbb"
    </VirtualHost>
    Save and close the file, and restart Apache.

You should now be able to access those sites on your iPhone via the IPs, e.g. http://192.168.2.110
    07-30-16 01:40 PM
    Accessing files through browser is for local access only. The file// descriptor means "a local file on the filesystems on this device."

If you want to access your PC files through your BB browser, you will have to facilitate access to your PC's filesystem through a webpage. I'm not sure if Apache directory listing (enabled by default when you don't have other rules set up) picks up symbolic links (shortcuts). Theoretically you should be able to have a shortcut to whatever directory hierarchy you want to expose, drop it in a folder that is served by your webserver, and be able to see the files on a webpage.

That's after you've done the stuff from the post above. The nature of those instructions apply for any device trying to access a webserver on the LAN, mobile or otherwise.

For example, you would set up a folder called mypcfiles with a shortcut to My Documents or whatever folder you want, and access the files by going to

http://192.168.#.###:80/mypcfiles

and your shortcut to that folder should be there. Hopefully. That's for you to try.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 02:33 PM
    jeroen_13, thank you, but I should have been more clear. This is not what I am looking for (although it accomplishes the same).

I want to access these files specifically using Blackberry's remote access feature, not by putting the server online or even locally. Since it is a simple HTML file, I can't see why I shouldn't be able to open these directly from the browser.
    07-30-16 02:36 PM
    Your requirement makes more sense now Rex. Unfortunately, file// is a local access descriptor (as far as I am aware). For your BlackBerry to access a foreign filesystem, it must be mounted somewhere. I don't know if it's possible to acquire that mount path, but if you did, you would be in business.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 02:46 PM
    Actually, I managed to do this. To access your files on the PC (or any external accounts such as Dropbox, Box or the like) from the browser, follow this link:

Code:
    file:///accounts/1000/appserv/UNIQUE SYSTEM FOLDER/fs/mounts/USERNAME
    Now, when accessing my WAMP server, I can open HTML files and display them correctly.
    07-30-16 03:09 PM