I remember there used to be a setting where you could tell the app you were in to ignore other chatter from apps in the background or not even running. For instance, when I'm typing an email or text, or using the map app, if I get a call or another message, the entire phone is taken over by this incoming message or call. I'm sorry, I was in the middle of something! I have enough discipline to focus on what I'm doing and ignore outside noise-why can't my phone?
    I've searched the general settings and each of the app settings but no luck. I know the maps app used to have something, even it was just ignore incoming calls.
    w_scott likes this.
    07-29-16 11:58 PM
    Go to Notifications and your regular profile (Normal?), scroll down to 'Notify during calls' and switch 'off' hear a sound when you receive a new notification.

Is that what you're trying to do?
    07-30-16 06:13 AM
    No, I don't mind the little "bling' in my ear informing me that I have another call or that a message has come in. What is driving me crazy is when I'm composing an email or text and a call comes in or another message comes in: I am booted out of the what I'm doing so the hub can show or the call app can show. To be fair, my work is still there in the background so I don't loose anything, but I want to choose when and where the system interrupts what I'm doing to inform me of other events. I am not a an ADD teenager who likes this sort of interruption. (I think BB has missed their demographic).
    This also happens when I"m using the maps app - and usually at a crucial intersection or big decisive moment (just my bad luck I guess that I get a call at just the wrong moment). Apart from turning off the network all together (and then I"m not even sure the maps app would work) I just can't stop the damn phone from taking over when a call comes in even if I would rather be typing or navigating.
    07-30-16 06:28 AM
    That would be a compelling feature on any device - a focus mode - one that recognizes your doing 'something' and to notify you in an unobtrusive fashion like a small notification bar without losing focus of what you are doing. Sounds cool to me to have that but I'm not familiar of any OS or device that has this.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 06:46 AM
    I've also taken a bit of an issue with the way the Classic receives incoming calls.

I would love to be able to silence and minimize the incoming call WITHOUT hanging up on the caller.

Sometimes I just need to type a few more words before sending that email. THEN I can get to answering the call before I miss it.

Other times, i'd like to silence and minimize a call to let the caller believe I simply missed the call.
    I don't want to hang up on the caller to resume the email. I don't need anyone knowing i've prioritized an email over taking their call.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:13 PM
    I don't remember this being an issue on the Q10 and certainly not on the Bolds. And I remember there were settings for how apps (including email and texts) handled incoming phone calls. But try as I might I cannot find those settings. Am I just being nostalgic for those good old Bold days when productivity was high even though browsing was almost nonexistent?
    07-31-16 04:04 AM