Is whatsapp running post december 2016 on my BlackBerry Passport? What can i do, for the Same functionalety?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 02:56 PM
    Right now you'll have to wait and see what happens..... maybe the don't shut it down, maybe they don't secure the Android API.... or maybe you'll need a new phone.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-27-16 02:58 PM
    BBM, FaceBook Messenger, and Skype might be good alternatives>
    07-27-16 03:32 PM
    Wow thats a wonderfull prospect :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:34 PM
    Wow thats a wonderfull prospect :-(

Posted via CB10
    No it not... but not much BlackBerry can do about it.... but move on with Android, a platform that is widely accepted and that does have the support of most developers. Where BlackBerry leads... we "should" follow?
    07-27-16 03:37 PM
    BBM or Skype is not a good solution?
    07-27-16 07:54 PM
    BBM or Skype is not a good solution?
    IT seem so! All of my contacts use Whatsapp. They doesn't change!
    07-27-16 10:36 PM
    Right now you'll have to wait and see what happens..... maybe the don't shut it down, maybe they don't secure the Android API.... or maybe you'll need a new phone.
    They've already said that they'll shut down server access for BB10 users so it's not gonna work after Dec 31.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    07-27-16 11:50 PM
    They've already said that they'll shut down server access for BB10 users so it's not gonna work after Dec 31.

Saying is not the same as doing.... We won't know until it happens, which is why I said we won't know till the time comes.

That said I do think Whatsapps days are numbered on BB10... Think the whole BB10 user experience peaked a while back, and is n a downward spiral.... just a matter of when you will jump. Some it will be between now and Dec 31.
    07-28-16 07:05 AM
    I never got the fascination of Whatsapp. BBM is so much better, and Skype. (and Slack, but Slack is not for everyone)
    akavbb likes this.
    07-28-16 08:25 AM
    Saying is not the same as doing.... We won't know until it happens, which is why I said we won't know till the time comes.

That said I do think Whatsapps days are numbered on BB10... Think the whole BB10 user experience peaked a while back, and is n a downward spiral.... just a matter of when you will jump. Some it will be between now and Dec 31.
    Up until now, WA always did what they said they would do so it's a 99.9% chance that also applies to this decision.

07-28-16 11:55 PM
    I never got the fascination of Whatsapp. BBM is so much better, and Skype. (and Slack, but Slack is not for everyone)
    Indeed.

Nothing like my SE.
    07-29-16 12:35 AM