Does anyone know of a way to get a qwerty keyboard in portrait mode (can't stand the suretype).

Thanks.
    12-03-08 06:00 PM
    no....

but get used to the suretype once youre used to it, its far better
    12-03-08 06:07 PM
    no....

but get used to the suretype once youre used to it, its far better

I would have to second that i'm way faster with sure type
    12-03-08 06:09 PM
    3rd for suretype... But... Qwerty seems to work better for emails and suretype is way faster for text messaging, for me at least.
    12-03-08 06:11 PM
    I came from a BB Pearl, suretype can be better/faster in some cases. It definitely helps that the keys are A LOT bigger in suretype mode.
    12-03-08 06:24 PM
    Sure Type is good for one hand operation.
    12-03-08 06:29 PM
    did you come from an iphone i wonder..
    the keyboard would be way small if it was portrait mode.
    12-03-08 06:40 PM
    SureType is amazing, it does take some getting used to but in then end you'll love it. You can always use *laugh* multi-tap *laugh* if you think it may be faster. lol
    12-03-08 06:47 PM
    Agree with everyone urging SureType practice. I switched from an old 7250 a year ago to the Pearl and in less than a week I was probably as fast on Suretype as the full qwerty. You have to just do your typing without looking too much at the board. Spell check at the end can fix most errors. But I rarely have errors. It is also great for one handed.

In one week with the Storm I have gotten even faster on Suretype than with the Pearl. Also the landscape mode is getting pretty fast as well. The click really does not slow me down any more than the click of a real key on 7250.

I don't think you would want qwerty on Portrait size keyboard anyway. In summary each keyboard takes time to adapt.
    12-03-08 06:58 PM
    I actually am pretty fast with qwerty. I don't have many mistakes. I usually don't have much regardless if it's phone or whatever. So I'm going to stay stick with what's best for you.
    12-03-08 07:07 PM
    I'm with all the others. Get used to suretype. You will grow to love it.

The layout of the Suretype keyboard is exactly like a regular keyboard just two or one key per button.

The layout combinded with some awesome software makes it much faster to type on. The storm's version of Suretype acutally comes with autosuggest to make things even faster, also.

Tip. Double press the space to get a period. Which is a kinda normal for someone who's done a lot of college papers that require double spaces after each sentence. LOL!
    12-03-08 07:11 PM
    I WANT SURETYPE IN LANDSCAPE!!! Please rim give me that option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 07:57 PM
    Suretype is amazing, just try it. You'd never think using any other types of keyboard.
    12-03-08 07:59 PM
    I actually am pretty fast with qwerty. I don't have many mistakes. I usually don't have much regardless if it's phone or whatever. So I'm going to stay stick with what's best for you.
    Yeah I'm one of the QWERTY lovers too. Not that I have a problem with sure-type... I just seem to be faster and more accurate with QWERTY. There was a bit of a learning curve though.
    12-03-08 08:03 PM
    Yah I have to jump on the suretype band wagon. There are times when I hate it. But I've used it on the storm where the suretype keys are much larger and I can type faster and more accurately with the storm suretype. The larger keys are the reason I'm looking to get the pearl flip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 10:00 PM
    Yah I have to jump on the suretype band wagon. There are times when I hate it. But I've used it on the storm where the suretype keys are much larger and I can type faster and more accurately with the storm suretype. The larger keys are the reason I'm looking to get the pearl flip
    I find I use SureType more one handed, QWERTY when I'm two thumbin' it.
    12-03-08 10:02 PM
    I made a video of me typing and this is my first device to have a touch screen keyboard and this is the first device to use suretype. and I can fly on suretype.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that wants suretype on landscape mode
    12-03-08 10:09 PM
    SureType is awesome. Please, give your Storm sometime to settle with you.
    12-03-08 10:30 PM
    How do you select the letter you want? To get the second letter on the key do you click it twice?
    12-04-08 02:12 AM
    I was a HUGE QWERTY fan but have gotten really used to the SureType. I can fly on both now, still lovin the Storm!!
    12-04-08 02:14 AM
    How do you select the letter you want? To get the second letter on the key do you click it twice?
    no just continue to the next letter... it will predict what your trying to type. works 99.5% of the time
    12-04-08 02:16 AM
    Somehow I got suretype in landscape and I can't get it back to qwerty. Anyone know how?
    12-15-08 08:19 PM
    Somehow I got suretype in landscape and I can't get it back to qwerty. Anyone know how?
    wow I've been wanting suretype in landscape mode. please tell me how! ...if you can. can you show a picture to how it looks
    12-15-08 08:21 PM
    I can't post a link b/c I don't have enough posts. But if you search blackberry community support forums on the blackberry website and type in "Missing Keys and SureType in Landscape (Image Included)" you will find the images.
    12-20-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD