Hi all-

Ok, here's the issue.

I have an 8100 Pearl running OS 4.5.0.99, using DM 4.6 (and then tried DM 4.7).

Whenever I try to do a backup using DM, it will start the backup, and then it will give me the "error backing up database" message, and the backup will cease running. It errors out on different databases at different times.

I have done a ton of research on this issue on many different forums. It appears that people have been having this problem with many different devices, on many different databases, running many different OS versions. The only thing that I have noticed to be consistent is that all people experiencing this problem are running DM 4.6 or 4.7. This may be flawed logic, but I'm now inclined to believe that the problem is related to DM 4.6 and 4.7.

I would like to see if downgrading to DM 4.5 would solve the problem. However, I don't want to introduce new problems into the mix by doing so.

So, does anybody know if I can successfully downgrade from DM 4.7 to DM 4.5 without experiencing any problems (conflicts, sync issues, etc)?
    12-03-08 05:29 PM
    There is no way to say with 100% certainty that it won't cause new issues. I personally have experienced an error backing up my device using DM 4.5. The easiest solution is if you have a previous back up you can restore to. Errors during back up usually means something in the database is corrupt or not able to be handled by the back up tool.
    12-03-08 06:08 PM
    There is no way to say with 100% certainty that it won't cause new issues. I personally have experienced an error backing up my device using DM 4.5. The easiest solution is if you have a previous back up you can restore to. Errors during back up usually means something in the database is corrupt or not able to be handled by the back up tool.
    Right, except that if part of the database is corrupt, it wouldn't get stuck on different databases at different times. In my case, the backup will get to many different databases during the backup and will error out on at least 4-5 different databases. From what I have read, many others are experiencing the same thing. So, it doesn't seem like it's database corruption. It seems more like a problem with DM.
    12-03-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD