I am on a BlackBerry Passport.

It's actually a hand me down from my father, he couldn't live with its size and the lack of apps.

I absolutely love the phone and BlackBerry 10 OS ( my first blackberry), sadly though a number of important apps are either shutting down or will soon like Facebook (already stopped working), so thinking of switching to an Android based BlackBerry like the upcoming Mercury.

In view of the current scenario will Blackberry offer current users any incentives when switching to an Android BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 10:29 PM
    They didn't for the Priv, and it was much more expensive.
    07-23-16 10:36 PM
    They have already had many campaigns and reduced prices on the PRIV so from shopblackberry.com you might get lucky
    07-23-16 11:06 PM
    It doesn't end there.

In India, phones are not subsidized by service providers, so to start with you are paying a lot and with that kind of money one is going to stick to the phone for at least 3 years.

There are problems with payment for apps as well, I want to get a number of third party apps like face10 pro (excellent app) but the only way to pay for them is via PayPal, Paypal would work with only certain banks and bank accounts, strangely with private banks but not with nationalized and recognized banks that have been around for a good time.

So you see, even if one wants to live with it, it's not possible.

I wish BlackBerry offered some incentive to its users, loyalists and newbie users like me, I still think that the 10 OS is excellent and BlackBerry shouldn't stop developing it.

What is weird is the statements we keep getting from John Chen, on one side we hear that they are a software company, then they would release phones, then we hear that 10 will get an update, suddenly another representative will say we are not giving up on keyboards. . ...

What's going on?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 11:11 PM