Blackberry 9380 shows red cross through battery. Repair shop fitted a new ? battery whilst in the shop, and again, red cross through battery. My wife was told "phone has had it!" Is this necessarily correct.? About a year ago we had the same problem, which was resolved with a new battery. Have tried cleaning contacts (battery and phone), and juggling battery around, but no resolution. Phone also shows the red cross without battery- this makes sense if the battery is non functioning.. Could the phone itself be tested if one applied 3.7 Volts DC. across the two contacts marked + - inside the back of the phone (with the battery removed) ? Thank You.
    07-19-16 11:32 AM
    Have you tried using other batteries? As for my experience, it usually appears if you're using fake batteries coming from other stores which says they're OEM. Managed to fix it by reloading my OS. Lost my files, yes, but regained my phone.
    07-19-16 11:51 AM