The Quality pictures...
    And the reflex of the camera.. It's so sad that's blackberry hasn't developed a beter camera..

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 06:01 PM
    At least it's better than the Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 06:19 PM
    BlackBerry has never accepted that a phone is a do everything device.

I bet there are engineers at BlackBerry who think phones shouldn't have cameras.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-18-16 06:40 PM
    Trying to take quick photos. If you see a bird on ledge and u press the bottom the bird flys off has a family and comes back and that's when the shutter goes

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    skinnymike1 and Gebo like this.
    07-18-16 11:53 PM
    Trying to take quick photos. If you see a bird on ledge and u press the bottom the bird flys off has a family and comes back and that's when the shutter goes

My personal experience with the classic camera (even for quick photos) has been very decent. I must say though, that your example to explain your camera experience is AWESOME A+++++
    Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 12:38 AM

Well, it looks like BB just helped you get a photo of a family of birds when you thought you were only getting one. So BB says "you're welcome."

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-19-16 01:07 AM
    At least it's better than the Passport

Posted via CB10
    How so? Or have I missed the joke...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 06:03 PM
    How so? Or have I missed the joke...
    Despite the better sensor on the Passport, it doesn't appear to perform as well at the Classic.

There have been a couple topics here where people show side-by-side comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 12:17 AM
    My Q10 camera is a lot better than my Passport camera. Unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 12:27 AM
    Oh right, is the classic sensor the same as the Z10's?

Passport
    07-20-16 04:32 AM
    Are pictures so bad on Classic? I saw revies and pics weren't that bad. How's with speed of taking them (pictures)?
    07-26-16 03:39 AM
    Are pictures so bad on Classic? I saw revies and pics weren't that bad. How's with speed of taking them (pictures)?
    I'd be willing to say the camera is actually good on the classic.
    If you push and hold the trackpad, it will auto-focus, and lock those parameters until you release the trackpad. Upon release it will instantly take the photo.

This is absolutely great for taking pictures that are difficult due to distance focusing, or brightness.

Example: If my subject is further away than an object in the foreground; I can turn away from the obstruction and auto-focus the camera on anything that is equally as far away as my subject(by pushing and holding the trackpad).
    Now when I turn to my subject, it will still be focused at that proper distance, and I can get a clear picture of my intended subject(by releasing the trackpad).

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-26-16 09:41 AM
    I like the way the colours are warmer on the Classic. The Passport seems to have everything on the cooler side.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 07:52 AM
    My pictures on the Classic are very high quality. I even print some of them to hang up. It is slow to start up but the final product is exceptional. Here is a sample in mixed light and contrast.
    The only thing that's i hate on my Classic is..-img_20160715_102049.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-27-16 07:59 AM
    I'm not a big fan of the Classic's camera either, but then I'm an OLD FART and have actually purchased a REAL CAMERA with real inter-changeable lenses - it's hard to beat that in a phone camera.

I will readily concede, however, that the iPhones have pretty impressive cameras built in.
    07-27-16 08:27 AM
    I'd be willing to say the camera is actually good on the classic.
    If you push and hold the trackpad, it will auto-focus, and lock those parameters until you release the trackpad. Upon release it will instantly take the photo.

This is absolutely great for taking pictures that are difficult due to distance focusing, or brightness.

Example: If my subject is further away than an object in the foreground; I can turn away from the obstruction and auto-focus the camera on anything that is equally as far away as my subject(by pushing and holding the trackpad).
    Now when I turn to my subject, it will still be focused at that proper distance, and I can get a clear picture of my intended subject(by releasing the trackpad).

Posted via CB10
    Coouhl. Thanks glad I found this thread.

Huhaw! Fascinating. Trying this now.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 10:41 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the Classic's camera either, but then I'm an OLD FART and have actually purchased a REAL CAMERA with real inter-changeable lenses - it's hard to beat that in a phone camera.

I will readily concede, however, that the iPhones have pretty impressive cameras built in.
    Zenit-B was my first SLR.

Also had a Brownie I inherited, a Canon rangefinder, a couple of Kodaks a Nikon and a Pentax K1000, which was my go to favourite.

Have found that I do like iPhone camera too, though the lack of any kind of manual settings is frustrating. It's basically just a decent automatic, point n shoot. The kind we would not really have considered a serious camera back in the day.

Then again. The best camera is a good photographer.

Camera in the Classic is what I'd expect from a point & shoot. Does a decent job, if not up to iPhone or (the new king of the hill) Samsung standards.

Thing that bugs me on the Classic is I actually do sometimes miss with finding the trackpad in low light. It's caused a few mistakes. Wish it was illuminated. Tah well.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 11:01 PM
    Zenit-B was my first SLR.

Also had a Brownie I inherited, a Canon rangefinder, a couple of Kodaks a Nikon and a Pentax K1000, which was my go to favourite.

Posted via CB10
    Dude! Our high school camera club had a Zenit as well. It also had a Yashica twin-lens reflex. So, one day the Zenit breaks and I wind up taking pictures of a BASKETBALL GAME with the Yashica! That be challenging!

My first personal SLR was a Practica - forget which model, it was completely manual, but I took some great pictures.
    Once film started to fall from favour I managed to get a couple of Pentax MXs off of Ebay - they were smaller than the K1000 and really a great camera.

I went to digital when I found Dell clearing out a Canon kit for a great price. I think I'm on my 3rd Canon body now and have been very pleased with them.
    Film still has a quality that digital can't completely match IMO, but it's a digital world now, for better or worse.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-28-16 08:23 AM
    Agree completely. Wow cool. And ya I had tried my girlfriend's MX smaller and lighter better for travel and such my K was a tank though never could kill it not that I wanted to. Worst was I dropped it off a steep ledge on a high hill. Almost a cliff really. Clattered its way down over rocks and such. The lens which was not my good 28-200mm (just the stock 50 I got with it) was destroyed. The camera was fine aside from some cosmetic damage. Heh. Those were the days.

Favourite thing to do was taking time exposure shots with my two foot long cable release and mini tripod. Close that F stop all the way down. Push the shutter in and start counting.

Hmm wonder if there's an app for that. Amazing what we can't very easily do on these marvels of technology.

Speaking of which. And getting back to the subject.
    I often say that my Classic in a reduced way combines two of my passions: clattering away on a keyboard (don't get me started) and photography (too late ;P)

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 12:52 PM
    Speed. It is not on OS side, but on some certain apps that I use, browser in particular.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 03:18 AM
    My only complain is browser. Slow and laggy

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-01-16 04:37 AM
    I kinda wish phone back was better build. It sometimes makes squeaky sounds when holding it too long. Not that the phone has bad build quality it's just one of those little things that I wish were made slightly better. But it's still miles ahead of many rubbish android phones .

PS: I see a lot of you complain about camera, sure, it's not the best camera in phone but guys, it's just a phone camera with tiny sensor and for posting things on Internet it's actually good enough. And when I want better pics that's when I bring my huge and heavy medium format system

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 03:13 AM
    I kinda wish phone back was better build. It sometimes makes squeaky sounds when holding it too long. Not that the phone has bad build quality it's just one of those little things that I wish were made slightly better. But it's still miles ahead of many rubbish android phones .

PS: I see a lot of you complain about camera, sure, it's not the best camera in phone but guys, it's just a phone camera with tiny sensor and for posting things on Internet it's actually good enough. And when I want better pics that's when I bring my huge and heavy medium format system

Posted via CB10
    The back makes noise when holding it too long? Like does it say "let me go!" or something. Do you mean holding it too hard? I don't get how it can make noise based on the length of time you've held it, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-06-16 08:32 PM
    No no, he only creams when I don't feed him . I meant that back of the phone squeaks, it is not solid you can press it a little, and it's of course more noticeable the longer you hold the phone. So much for clarification

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 12:20 AM
    No no, he only screams when I don't feed him .

Posted via CB10
    Funny.... mine only screams when my boss calls.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 09:56 AM