I'm sorry but I'm not forking over any more money to Verizon for a simple program like visual voicemail. Are there any other alternatives out there at no cost that works with the Storm?
    12-03-08 11:08 AM
    I don't know of any alternatives, but I thought the three dollars was a pretty fair deal for it. I wasn't going to pay for it either until I found out the things you can do. I would suggest reading their page on verizonwireless.com. It's actually more than just being able to SEE the VM's in a list.
    12-03-08 11:11 AM
    I don't know of any alternatives, but I thought the three dollars was a pretty fair deal for it. I wasn't going to pay for it either until I found out the things you can do. I would suggest reading their page on verizonwireless.com. It's actually more than just being able to SEE the VM's in a list.
    The archive function is beautiful. I also like that you can record a voice note and reply to the other voicemail and send it back as voicemail to another cell phone.
    12-03-08 11:29 AM
    is it 3 dollars a month
    12-03-08 11:47 AM
    Try YouMail ) Voicemail You Love. I have used for a month. It pushes an email to your phone. It is almost like having Visual voice mail from Verizon. Hey it is free. Give it a try. You can see who is calling, the duration, date, ect. Pretty cool.
    12-03-08 12:17 PM
    Wonder how they get away with that being free.. Data mine everyone's voice mail anonymously for advertising purposes? Anyone use this?
    12-03-08 01:29 PM
    Yes. I've been using You Mail for about 6 months now. I love it. You have many different options. Can have different greetings for each contact. Simple to use and it's FREE. They also have transacribing services but those you have to pay for depending on how accurate you want your voicemail. The only think I don't like about it is that your messages come in a text message or e-mail and the voicemail icon or light does not work like it would with normal Verizon VM. Just my peeve about it, but overall it's great.
    12-03-08 01:38 PM
    I'm sorry but I'm not forking over any more money to Verizon for a simple program like visual voicemail. Are there any other alternatives out there at no cost that works with the Storm?
    Wow....3 bucks! There are some REALLY cheap people out there! Thats like 1 less McDees burger a month........LOL
    12-03-08 02:39 PM
    You Mail looks cool. In this economy 3 bucks is a lot!
    12-03-08 02:56 PM
    I wanted youmail but it isnt available in Canada!
    12-03-08 03:00 PM
    I just started using visual voice mail. Will the voice mails automatically update themselves with each voice mail, or do I need to select check new messages each time I miss a phone call? This doesn't seem right, but in order to view a message right now, I have to manually select "check new messages".
    Last edited by Bwepp; 12-03-08 at 03:17 PM.
    12-03-08 03:07 PM
    yea i've used youmail since its release, i love it, it works great on all phones cause you can set it up to come as an email or txt to your phone.and from my understanding you can only set up 10 different messages..with youmail you can literally set up a voicemail message for each of your contacts, blocked numbers, and unknown, and i really like the ditch feature.and my home screen has a youmail icon. the only down i can think of is not even a problem for me and that is there the advertisement at the buttom of the message kinda like viigo does. plus its free.
    12-03-08 03:34 PM
    Wow....3 bucks! There are some REALLY cheap people out there! Thats like 1 less McDees burger a month........LOL
    And vznav is $9.99/month, and Rhapsody is $15.00/month, and a data plan is $29.99/month, and texting is $10.00/month...etc, etc,etc. Can you say nickel and dimed to death? Sorry, but Verizon gets enough of my money already.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-03-08 at 03:51 PM.
    12-03-08 03:49 PM
    And vznav is $9.99/month, and Rhapsody is $15.00/month, and a data plan is $29.99/month, and texting is $10.00/month...etc, etc,etc. Can you say nickel and dimed to death? Sorry, but Verizon gets enough of my money already.
    LOL don't forget insurance, with all i spend each month cant afford to buy a phone out of pocket more then once
    12-03-08 04:17 PM
    You pay 10 dollars a month for texting? Cuz that's def included in the 29.99 data plan. And vznav is useless to me with gps in my car. Plus all the free nav apps out there. I pay for the visual voice mail. I didn't think it was cool at first. Now after using it I think its awesome. Just don't let the girl get a hold of the phone to listen to your messages :-o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:26 PM
    Well maybe u need to turn your cell in, and not have one! Thats just the way it is with wireless service! Do I agree with charging for every little thing....no, but there is nothing u can do about it but not pay! Will I pay 3 bucks a month for VVM.....yes!
    12-03-08 04:27 PM
    I didn't say that I pay for all those things. I'm just pointing out how everything can start to add up.
    12-03-08 05:02 PM
    ya who would not get the insurance on this. gotta be crazy....
    12-03-08 05:04 PM
    and texting is deff not included in verizons blackberry data plan. that 29.99 is just for the data server.
    12-03-08 05:05 PM
    You pay 10 dollars a month for texting? Cuz that's def included in the 29.99 data plan.
    That is incorrect.
    12-03-08 05:07 PM
    and texting is deff not included in verizons blackberry data plan. that 29.99 is just for the data server.
    I was just about to post that myself, and to your post above that, I NEVER get insurance. All the money I've saved through the years not getting insurance almost adds up to the price of two Storms.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-03-08 at 05:16 PM.
    12-03-08 05:09 PM
    The archive function is beautiful. I also like that you can record a voice note and reply to the other voicemail and send it back as voicemail to another cell phone.

Or you could just use SlyDial for free....
    12-03-08 05:10 PM
    i have already dropped my storm like 10 times
    12-03-08 05:11 PM
    Is anyone else having the issue of LOW VOLUME on visual voicemail messages??? I can just barely hear them. Wish I could put them over speakerphone also (when checking in my car).
    12-03-08 05:11 PM
    I would buy it because its only 3 dollars but I don't get enough voicemsipa for it to be. Worth it

12-03-08 05:24 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD