Some say the pp capacitive keyboard acts as one Giant trackpad. Though I hold this to be true as I own the pp. I've never played with the trackpad only in videos I've seen. Which do you prefer and why? At night I like to read stuff on my phone and its kind of tedious moving my finger to the edge of the screen at times to hit an icon or menu button as the screen is super wide. The scrolling and swype part is great though on the pp keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djchrisluna; 06-28-16 at 12:00 PM.
    06-28-16 11:16 AM
    Most here won't admit it, but the passport capacitive keyboard is more of a gimmick than an actual useful tool.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 11:35 AM
    Most here won't admit it, but the passport capacitive keyboard is more of a gimmick than an actual useful tool.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree.

For me, the pinch to zoom feature on the keyboard is great. I doo all whilst my hand in one location. I type, pause and then scroll or zoom.. all whilst my fingers don't touch the screen.

In a sense, all features can be seen as a gimmick if you have no use or desire for it. I think the fingerprint reader on iPhones are a gimmick, but to some it's a God send. To each there own again rules the roost.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-28-16 12:42 PM
    Dedicated trackpad is definitely the way to go. Either you have a keyboard touch that's always active so merely typing or resting your thumb on the keyboard could result in unwanted results on the screen, or you make it so you need to double tap on it first to "activate" it, then it becomes something that requires an extra step and extra time to use. The trackpad suffers from neither of these drawbacks. Plus, there's no "click" feature with the keyboard, I use trackpad a lot to navigate websites and click on small links without the need to zoom.

Edit: I have to state the obvious because I already know the responses I might get, but this is for me and it is my personal preference and opinion. Not saying others or the market needs to follow suit.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 06-28-16 at 03:30 PM.
    06-28-16 02:56 PM
    If the passports keyboard was done a little better, then i'd like it more.
    Every time I go to use it, I try to perform a feature, only to discover that they didn't implement it in that fashion. And that makes it feel like it's lacking.

For example, scrolling around the home screen and selecting an icon is impossible with the touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10

EDIT: after re-reading my post, i'd like to add this for clarity.
    "If the passports keyboard was done a little better, then i'd like it more." ...more than the amount I currently like the touch keyboard.
    I have a tough time imagining the touch keyboard will ever surpass the functionality of the trackpad and toolbelt.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-28-16 03:04 PM
    Love the track pad can't understand why more people don't use the classic it's such an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 04:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    naaah I use it for longer than usual words haha

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 03:44 AM
    I use both devices. Classic is my employer owned device. I prefer the touch keyboard over the Classic's trackpad.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    06-29-16 05:48 AM
    The swipe to type and delete alone make the capacitive keyboard more than "just a gimmik" it's brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    06-29-16 05:55 AM
    I think the swype on keyboard is a genious feature that would give it the edge. However reaching links and corners on screen is cumbersome at times. Something I think the trackpad probably excels at with ease. Tough call

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 05:37 PM
    I haven't used the Passport but I just can't imagine how the whole keyboard can be a trackpad. Surely that's just an extension to the screen? The trackpad can't be beaten and it's simple things like that which makes the Classic probably the best BlackBerry ever made!

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    06-29-16 05:40 PM
    I don't currently own a Passport, but do own both a Classic as well as Priv which yields the same general keyboard tech of the Passport (except the Priv is giving you back a 4th row on the PKB) and I still prefer the trackpad on the Classic to the keyboards on the Passport and Priv... I find the trackpad to provide more accurate control of the cursor as well as the keyboard vs the touch feedback of the Priv's keyboard... I like innovation of the capacitive touch PKB, but ultimately I find the trackpad far more useful... The thing I enjoy most about the capacitive keyboard on the Priv/Passport is the ability to back swipe to delete a word, but otherwise, the trackpad does it for me best...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh dude, have you even used a Passport? The keyboard with the capacitive touch got me so attached to it, when I go back to my Q10, I swipe on its keyboard and feel how crapy this non touch cramped keyboard is compared to the Passport! I use the touch feature almost every time I use the phone, it's one of the best feature on the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 10:27 PM
    Dedicated trackpad is definitely the way to go. Either you have a keyboard touch that's always active so merely typing or resting your thumb on the keyboard could result in unwanted results on the screen, or you make it so you need to double tap on it first to "activate" it, then it becomes something that requires an extra step and extra time to use. The trackpad suffers from neither of these drawbacks. Plus, there's no "click" feature with the keyboard, I use trackpad a lot to navigate websites and click on small links without the need to zoom.

Edit: I have to state the obvious because I already know the responses I might get, but this is for me and it is my personal preference and opinion. Not saying others or the market needs to follow suit.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yeah,the"click"feature.

Posted via CB10  My Einglish is not good.
    07-05-16 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with this as well. Swiping backwards to delete and flicking words up are two functions I find very convenient.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 03:05 PM
    I have a Passport, my wife a Classic. As is the case with other features of these two phones, it's hard to make a direct comparison.

I find that the capacitive keyboard works better than the trackpad as a scrolling tool. When the Passport is rotated sideways, it is possible to really rip through a long web page really fast whereas the Classic trackpad requires several rubs. On the other hand the trackpad is superior for positioning a text cursor.

IMO, the Classic is the better messaging device, while the Passport offers better retrieval and review of information. So choose your weapon accordingly!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 05:41 PM
    I find that the capacitive keyboard works better than the trackpad as a scrolling tool. When the Passport is rotated sideways, it is possible to really rip through a long web page really fast whereas the Classic trackpad requires several rubs.

Posted via CB10
    If I have to jump several screen lengths down, then i'll use the space bar.

Otherwise it's B and straight to the bottom!

Posted via CB10
    whattiger likes this.
    07-06-16 05:53 PM