BlackBerry seems to never learn, been hearing more and more grumbles about ads on bbm and how invasive they are, with more people now uninstalling the app. BlackBerry seems committed to keep going down this path of alienating and turning off any user who even remotely gives them a chance. Company is a fail.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    enrod87 and techvisor like this.
    06-27-16 07:56 PM
    Company can't afford to just give away BBM for free. And it clear that ad related revenues are much more profitable for developers... it's the model that just keeps giving.
    06-28-16 07:50 AM
    Luckily they've now sold the product to Emtek, maybe now someone with some business sense might have some luck with improving the business. BlackBerry operates like a crown corporation, building things, losing money on it and then selling it before the true potential or value is unlocked

06-29-16 06:00 PM
    Luckily they've now sold the product to Emtek, maybe now someone with some business sense might have some luck with improving the business. BlackBerry operates like a crown corporation, building things, losing money on it and then selling it before the true potential or value is unlocked

They have an agreement with this company but they have not sold BBM to them (unless I missed something?).
    07-02-16 06:16 PM
    Company can't afford to just give away BBM
    They can't afford to lose any more customers or users either lol
    07-02-16 06:35 PM
    They can't afford to lose any more customers or users either lol
    True...

What's really sad, is I think Emtek will end up expanding the marketing within BBM and Channels - marketing seems to be their business. Two years there might not even be a BBM userbase in Indonesia once they are done with it.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-05-16 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry would get more (instant) revenue if Facebook just bought out BBM and merged it with WhatsApp.
    07-05-16 12:45 PM
    BlackBerry would get more (instant) revenue if Facebook just bought out BBM and merged it with WhatsApp.
    Will never happen.
    Facebook will own them without spending a penny. BBM users are switching to whatsapp. Facebook knows this and has no desire or need to buy bbm, which will never be up for sale anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-05-16 01:06 PM
    Most of the people I know with Android phones have uninstalled BBM because of the ads and gone back to Whatsapp.
    Others have reverted back to texting me because they don't have to see the ads. Lol. BlackBerry...great move!
    techvisor and ck2nb like this.
    07-05-16 07:24 PM
    The problem with BBM is that they are trying to monetize it without having a properly installed user base.
    07-05-16 07:27 PM
    So the complainers won't spend a few quid a year to hide the ads?

Complainers are always gonna want the world for free and still complain.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES12.5.0
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-05-16 07:28 PM
    Free is always better than paid. Why pay a dollar to a company with weak/bleak vision?
    07-06-16 08:30 AM
    The problem with BBM is that they are trying to monetize it without having a properly installed user base.
    Or a very good app. Just check recent reviews on Android or iOS.... people have lots of problems with BBM other than just the ads.

I think if you have a modern Android device with a 3,000+ mAh battery you'll never notice any performance hit from BBM. But the markets where BBM is still popular, tend to be markets where users might have bought a sub $100 Android phone, which I don't think BBM does play well with. But LINE, WhatsApp and other are able to run on less powerful hardware.
    techvisor and enrod87 like this.
    07-06-16 09:41 AM
    I have shared a business model that will monetise BBM without ads. They seem to have done only part of it. I'm not sure if they are buying into the idea or not.

Basically BBM can:
    1. Provide more free stickers from companies as a way to advertise & charge these companies for it.

2. Promote their BBM Money for purchases at merchants & on Channels and take a fee from these like a credit card purchase.

3. Integrate games into BBM again and let people pay for game upgrades via BBM money.

4. Allow users to share online what they are watching and when their contacts like what their friends are watching to buy the movies via BBM money.

5. Allow users to subscribe for news updates and news feeds via BBM and these subscriptions also have an option for premium services which are paid. Then share the revenue with the content providers.

6. Allow users to purchase stickers, songs, movies & games for their friends via BBM or via BBM money.

7. Work with Groupon or Living Social to allow users to purchase vouchers and send them as gifts to their contacts even when these contacts are not in the same country. Let these vouchers be used directly from the app without the need to be printed.

If these can be done I'm sure it will definitely be able to earn a significant amount of money for BBM and perhaps BlackBerry too.

enrod87 likes this.
    07-06-16 11:30 AM
    I have shared a business model that will monetise BBM without ads. They seem to have done only part of it. I'm not sure if they are buying into the idea or not.

Basically BBM can:
    1. Provide more free stickers from companies as a way to advertise & charge these companies for it.

2. Promote their BBM Money for purchases at merchants & on Channels and take a fee from these like a credit card purchase.

3. Integrate games into BBM again and let people pay for game upgrades via BBM money.

4. Allow users to share online what they are watching and when their contacts like what their friends are watching to buy the movies via BBM money.

5. Allow users to subscribe for news updates and news feeds via BBM and these subscriptions also have an option for premium services which are paid. Then share the revenue with the content providers.

6. Allow users to purchase stickers, songs, movies & games for their friends via BBM or via BBM money.

7. Work with Groupon or Living Social to allow users to purchase vouchers and send them as gifts to their contacts even when these contacts are not in the same country. Let these vouchers be used directly from the app without the need to be printed.

If these can be done I'm sure it will definitely be able to earn a significant amount of money for BBM and perhaps BlackBerry too.

Wow a lot of wishful thinking here but most of it is unrealistic! Remember, we live in a REAL world, not a fantasy world.

1-Which major company you would would want to pay to provide stickers on BBM??? Please name a few, I would love to know!

2-How many merchants you know accept BBM Money??? What's the incentive of the merchant to accept BBM money? no one has a BB anymore! And the merchant has to give a cut to BB? why would they do that???

3-How many major game developer you know would integrate BBM into their game? Actually how many game developer you know develop games for BB???

4-Where can you buy movies with BBM Money? please name me at least 1 place! And why would a company like Sony, Paramount or any distributor start accepting BBM Money when there's only a handful of people with blackberrys?

5-Why the heck would anyone share revenue with blackberry?

6-same problem as above

7-No idea what you mean, you can buy vouchers on Groupon directly and send it to friends. Not sure why anyone would complicate their life by using BBM... and convince their friend to download BBM to receive a gift.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, cgk and techvisor like this.
    07-06-16 12:03 PM
    Wow a lot of wishful thinking here but most of it is unrealistic! Remember, we live in a REAL world, not a fantasy world.

1-Which major company you would would want to pay to provide stickers on BBM??? Please name a few, I would love to know!

2-How many merchants you know accept BBM Money??? What's the incentive of the merchant to accept BBM money? no one has a BB anymore! And the merchant has to give a cut to BB? why would they do that???

3-How many major game developer you know would integrate BBM into their game? Actually how many game developer you know develop games for BB???

4-Where can you buy movies with BBM Money? please name me at least 1 place! And why would a company like Sony, Paramount or any distributor start accepting BBM Money when there's only a handful of people with blackberrys?

5-Why the heck would anyone share revenue with blackberry?

6-same problem as above

7-No idea what you mean, you can buy vouchers on Groupon directly and send it to friends. Not sure why anyone would complicate their life by using BBM... and convince their friend to download BBM to receive a gift.
    Wow you really have an absolutely closed mind.

If you have used BBM before then I'm sure you would have seen some stickers from some major brands out there.

BlackBerry continues to alienate it's users -  BBM-17730.jpgBlackBerry continues to alienate it's users -  BBM-17839.jpg

35 years ago how many merchants out there accept Visa & Mastercard? How many accept them today?

5 years ago how many people buy music from spotify?

Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry continues to alienate it's users -  BBM-17297.jpg  
    Last edited by Loc22; 07-07-16 at 12:27 PM.
    07-07-16 11:49 AM
    Wow you really have an absolutely closed mind.

If you have used BBM before then I'm sure you would have seen some stickers from some major brands out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17730.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	403603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17839.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	403604

35 years ago how many merchants out there accept Visa & Mastercard? How many accept them today?

5 years ago how many people buy music from spotify?

Yeah! There are SOME major brands stickers in BBM, but did you notice something? The user has to PAY for them.

Might I remind YOU that YOU are asking, not the user to pay for the stickers, but for the major brand to pay to have their stickers on BBM??? Wow

And by asking the question about visa and Mastercard, you are answering the question yourself! Ask yourself: how many merchants today uses Visa and Mastercard? ALL of them! how many people has a visa or a Mastercard? Everyone. Now as of today, why would any merchant accept BBM money? What's the incentive? they all can pay with Visa and MasterCard. And WTF? You're suggesting they the merchant should give a cut to BBM too???

Do you have any business training at all? Most of the ideas you're bringing up are unrealistic.

It's not about having an open or a closed mind. You can have a really opened minded... for example I can have a very open minded about creating a machine that would open a wormhole to another universe. however the fortune I would spend on that machine and the chance of it working is very limited!

actually, I think I have a better chance with my wormhole machine than BBM being a major payment player!
    techvisor and ck2nb like this.
    07-07-16 03:05 PM
    Yeah! There are SOME major brands stickers in BBM, but did you notice something? The user has to PAY for them.

Might I remind YOU that YOU are asking, not the user to pay for the stickers, but for the major brand to pay to have their stickers on BBM??? Wow

And by asking the question about visa and Mastercard, you are answering the question yourself! Ask yourself: how many merchants today uses Visa and Mastercard? ALL of them! how many people has a visa or a Mastercard? Everyone. Now as of today, why would any merchant accept BBM money? What's the incentive? they all can pay with Visa and MasterCard. And WTF? You're suggesting they the merchant should give a cut to BBM too???

Do you have any business training at all? Most of the ideas you're bringing up are unrealistic.

It's not about having an open or a closed mind. You can have a really opened minded... for example I can have a very open minded about creating a machine that would open a wormhole to another universe. however the fortune I would spend on that machine and the chance of it working is very limited!

actually, I think I have a better chance with my wormhole machine than BBM being a major payment player!
    Good luck with your wormhole machine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 05:47 PM

Did you notice that those were free to the users? I'm sure someone will pay for the cost, who do you reckon paid for it?

07-08-16 10:58 AM

Did you notice that these were free to the users? Someone paid for the cost I'm sure. Who do you reckon paid for them?

07-08-16 11:00 AM
    Did you notice that those were free to the users? I'm sure someone will pay for the cost, who do you reckon paid for it?

Probable BlackBerry in a marketing effort to build sticker usage....

Haven't been a BBM user in a while and not sure how often than have done "free" packs beyond those initial releases. But that is the key, to get more users active with stickers and to build their usage.
    07-08-16 11:03 AM
    Probable BlackBerry in a marketing effort to build sticker usage....

Haven't been a BBM user in a while and not sure how often than have done "free" packs beyond those initial releases. But that is the key, to get more users active with stickers and to build their usage.
    Ahh there are new stickers almost every week now

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-08-16 11:10 AM
    Did you notice that these were free to the users? Someone paid for the cost I'm sure. Who do you reckon paid for them?

Seriously you think that a couple of sticker will make BBM a mobile payment standard?

And do you really think coke paid BB to put their stickers on BBM? Most probably BB paid the cost of the stickers to encourage them to put them on BBM
    techvisor likes this.
    07-08-16 01:03 PM
    You tube ads are probably the most frustrating thing about surfing now. So why should BlackBerry be any different.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 02:34 PM
    Seriously you think that a couple of sticker will make BBM a mobile payment standard?

And do you really think coke paid BB to put their stickers on BBM? Most probably BB paid the cost of the stickers to encourage them to put them on BBM
    Don't think I would like to reply you anymore because I think my English is just too lousy for you to understand. Let's keep it this way where you just don't know what I'm talking about. Happy trolling anyway.

07-08-16 02:40 PM
115 123 ...