Went out for a corporate supper tonight , in the room were all android and 3 women had iphones.

I got a call and pulled out my priv and for showman ship I hit the slider and I was greeted with ooh and aahs all around.

When I was done I was questioned what phone Is that ?

When I said blackberry they all were shocked.

My phone was passed around the table and they were so impressed with the touch screen keyboard and my manager kept going on how awesome the pkb was ,

I then showed them the keyboard could be used as a scrolling device and they were amazed.

I got lots of questions what's the device called ? How much is it ? Where can they buy it from? One guy was on an old blackberry 9900 said he is sold and will be getting one this weekend,

See where I'm getting at?

Blackberry take note please.
    06-25-16 12:54 PM
    You da man

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 02:10 PM
    Great story! And also frustrating to BlackBerry fans and to Priv owners. Even Chen's admitted that people who have the phone are really enjoying it. But getting them into people's hands....?

Or even more so probably, making the public simply aware of it.

Nonetheless, you did your part! Excellent.
    06-25-16 03:16 PM
    I went to a baby shower a few weeks ago and all the teenagers that were there loved the Priv. They had never seen a phone w/ a PKB.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Sigewif like this.
    06-25-16 05:48 PM
    PRIV is a sexy device no wonder!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-25-16 06:14 PM
    Went out for a corporate supper tonight , in the room were all android and 3 women had iphones.
    Why does this remind me of a setup for a dirty joke?
    06-25-16 09:20 PM
    It's a solid device. But people are not going to pay what they're still asking for it.

The Priv has been a huge failure and the number one reason is its price tag.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 09:24 PM
    When I picked up my new Priv last week, the guy said I was only the second customer to pick up one.
    06-25-16 10:30 PM
    For me, price doesn't matter, brand doesn't matter. What matters is security of my mobile data. BlackBerry provides this. Neither iPhone, nor any of the other Android devices, or Windows phone provides this. About the only other phone that does is Blackphone, but they are way over priced.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-26-16 12:20 AM
    Closed for review. Reopened.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-26-16 at 03:16 AM.
    06-26-16 02:59 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    06-26-16 03:17 AM
    Eh? Must have missed a flame war or something.
    06-26-16 08:40 AM
    me too! All the above looks very civilised...
    06-26-16 08:53 AM
    Late last night I was about to post a recent experience not so unlike the OP's, but the thread was cordoned off so the fires could be put out.
    My story: The other day I was at the office of a business associate who was there with his secretary. Somehow we got talking about cell phones. "What kind of phone do you have?" he asked. I pulled out my Priv and as they were both admiring it, "Oh, and it has a curved edge" etc. Then, I flipped open the PKB. They were blown away. I showed them how it scrolls and showed them that I also have a very nice VKB if I want to use it instead. Then he said, "The keyboard [PKB] is even backlit when you use it." So I also told him you can set it up to make the keys into short cuts. Then we looked at some of the quality pictures taken with it. The guy is an inventor who has built a thriving business around using his invention; he appreciates an innovative product. He is a small business entrepreneur. There must be lots of people like him out there.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 06-26-16 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added a little more discription.
    Sairos, DolemiteDONS and jegs2 like this.
    06-26-16 10:48 AM
    Everyone was amazed because in 2016 there is very little difference from one phone to another, and everyone seems to want a phone like their friends have. The only one who was really interested in buying one, of course, was the existing BlackBerry owner.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 06-26-16 at 05:42 PM.
    06-26-16 01:17 PM
    Everyone was amazed because in 2016 there is very little difference from one phone to another, and everyone seems to want a phone like their friends have. The only one who was really interest in buying one, of course, was the existing BlackBerry owner.
    The PRIV: My first BlackBerry device.
    jegs2, BB-JAM215 and mmcclure0453 like this.
    06-26-16 01:42 PM
    Everyone was amazed because in 2016 there is very little difference from one phone to another, and everyone seems to want a phone like their friends have. The only one who was really interest in buying one, of course, was the existing BlackBerry owner.
    Agreed... I had many people look at my Priv... Many were even shocked to discover the Priv is a 'full-on' Android running Marshmallow, by the way...But ultimately I still am the only one in my Social circles, families, work environment with a BlackBerry Priv and the only Priv I have seen locally or extended to neighboring locations has been mine... The interest is not quite enough to lure people to it... They end up purchasing the device they really want anyways which is more often than not NOT the Priv... Consumerism is not BlackBerry's strongest area of expertise at this time...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 02:20 PM
    Agreed... I had many people look at my Priv... Many were even shocked to discover the Priv is a 'full-on' Android running Marshmallow, by the way...But ultimately I still am the only one in my Social circles, families, work environment with a BlackBerry Priv and the only Priv I have seen locally or extended to neighboring locations has been mine... The interest is not quite enough to lure people to it... They end up purchasing the device they really want anyways which is more often than not NOT the Priv... Consumerism is not BlackBerry's strongest area of expertise at this time...

Posted via CB10
    Not just "at this time". At no time in the last 5 years.
    06-26-16 02:33 PM
    I had someone tell me they thought BlackBerry went out of business

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry PRIV Smartphone
    06-26-16 03:47 PM

Have been told the same thing - one was a Verizon rep...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    06-26-16 04:07 PM
    It's a solid device. But people are not going to pay what they're still asking for it.

The Priv has been a huge failure and the number one reason is its price tag.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the Official Pricing was dismal and we all talked about that 900 times.. but its also about people not knowing about it.. Ebay is asking $300 for it.. Amazon is asking around $400.. These are big places for selling devices.. Its that people don't know about them.. So no one considers it when going for an android device nowadays..
    DolemiteDONS and Sigewif like this.
    06-26-16 04:50 PM
    Have been told the same thing - one was a Verizon rep...

That's quite the ignorant sales representative.. Verizon was selling it, right?
    06-26-16 04:52 PM
    That's quite the ignorant sales representative.. Verizon was selling it, right?
    Yep. When I called to ask for the BlackBerry PRIV, one of her first comments was - "huh, I was sure they went out of business." Was then followed with "only government employees use those phones now". Told her I had been using BlackBerry for years and had been a carpenter for the last 36 years.

Just goes to show the lack of BlackBerry brand knowledge.

Sairos likes this.
    06-26-16 05:29 PM
    Consumerism is not BlackBerry's strongest area of expertise at this time...
    Not just "at this time". At no time in the last 5 years.
    Let's not forget, that in the beginning BlackBerrys were the only smartphone and were only marketed to enterprise and government customers. Then consumers wanted them, until the iPhone came out, and then they didn't want them. BlackBerry has simply changed their business focus back to selling enterprise software for managing smartphones. We weren't who they were marketing in the first place and we aren't now. The hardware was, and is now, mainly a means of promoting their device management software.
    mmcclure0453 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-26-16 06:16 PM

I've heard the same comments many times in the last few years - and almost always, the commenter has genuinely believed that BlackBerry went under a few years ago - I've found that this happens much more in the US than in Europe. However, the comments are invariably followed by "I used to love my Torch", or "my husband always loved his BlackBerry keyboard", etc, etc which always makes me wonder how much un-tapped goodwill there is out there towards BlackBerry.
    Jrox74 and darkwater79 like this.
    06-26-16 06:43 PM
39 12