With the earnings report about to come out, what your guess on Device sales this last quarter?

500K is where I'd guess as with most smartphones sales today, launch is the time you see the biggest numbers

Hoping that Chen will stick to his word and be a little more transparent on hardware sales.
    06-21-16 11:03 AM
    My guess is about 450,000, with the breakdown at about 250,000 Priv and 200,000 BB10 and BBOS devices. Not that Chen is likely to break it out by OS.
    06-21-16 11:44 AM
    I like the 500k number.......well I don't like it really but that is as good a number as we are likely to see.
    06-21-16 12:17 PM
    I think its 350K . Classics no longer being made. 8 month old PRIV being dumped by ATT into Ebay for $299.
    06-21-16 12:34 PM
    I think its 350K . Classics no longer being made. 8 month old PRIV being dumped by ATT into Ebay for $299.
    But they still have stock on the Classic. And while the PRIV dead stock clearance wasn't good for someone, it does count as a sale, and might have helped move people not willing to spend $600+.

Just think if it were as bad as 350K, there would be no talk of a Rome or Hamburg...
    06-21-16 02:43 PM
    But they still have stock on the Classic. And while the PRIV dead stock clearance wasn't good for someone, it does count as a sale, and might have helped move people not willing to spend $600+.

Just think if it were as bad as 350K, there would be no talk of a Rome or Hamburg...
    How much of that AT&T Priv inventory was already recognized in the previous quarter? Priv isnt recognized on sell-through.

I think 400k for the quarter.
    06-21-16 02:48 PM

I think Rome/Hamburg, whichever comes first is the last gasp for devices. If it doesn't sell a whole lot more than Classic/Passport/Priv then Chen can't make the case to the board to continue to make consumer phone devices: BB can't cut down lean enough for 1.5M per year sales. Then we're left with a SecuSmart devices for governments willing to fork out 2K per.
    06-21-16 03:36 PM
    I win....
    techvisor and app_Developer like this.
    06-23-16 08:06 AM
    I win....
    We tied ! Unfortunately.
    06-23-16 08:46 AM
    I win....
    Congrats! I was too pesimistic.
    06-23-16 09:11 AM
    Congrats! I was too pesimistic.
    Yeah that's me the optimist...
    06-23-16 09:28 AM
    I wonder if the sales will ever go upwards again.
    06-24-16 12:45 PM
    I wonder if the sales will ever go upwards again.
    Sadly... probably not. Don't think this high security niche is going to all buy into BlackBerry's Android solution at once. And it's probably just not all that big of a market to begin with. We don't even know if the BlackBerry Android solution is going to be secure enough.. where is it's NIAP certification? Their slides still show BB10 as their high security option... Think they are going after one market with two products, and until they "come clean" on the end of BB10.. not sure how that's going to work. But who knows how much BB10 inventory they have left...

Back in the good ol days, BlackBerry had probably just as many small business as high security business. Most of those have gone BYOD or they have started using hosted email that includes EMM for free.

For the foreseeable future - with these two midgrade phones, I doubt the features vs. price will attract more than the hardcore PKB users.
    06-24-16 01:52 PM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry's initial pricing doesn't offer value for money as compared to equally specced devices. Or atleast that's how many eyes see it.
    07-26-16 08:48 AM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry's initial pricing doesn't offer value for money as compared to equally specced devices. Or atleast that's how many eyes see it.
    If anyone is looking to compare specs, BlackBerry isn't going to come out on the good side of that comparison.... ever. Doesn't matter if it's with a $750 phone or with a $300 phone, they just can not compete on specs and price. Especially if they don't have the partners that will offer the phone at ever greater discounts via subsidies - US most carrier still provide subsidies on corporate accounts.

It's going to be SECURITY, do your or does your company view (or need) the things BlackBerry is doing with their hardware and software as a "value".
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-27-16 08:06 AM
    If anyone is looking to compare specs, BlackBerry isn't going to come out on the good side of that comparison.... ever. Doesn't matter if it's with a $750 phone or with a $300 phone, they just can not compete on specs and price. Especially ifF they don't have the partners that will offer the phone at ever greater discounts via subsidies - US most carrier still provide subsidies on corporate accounts.

It's going to be SECURITY, do your or does your company view (or need) the things BlackBerry is doing with their hardware and software as a "value".
    That is the real question. Chen tells us that they are making what customers (enterprise) say they want, but they don't buy. This does not add up.

With the surge in hackings that we hear about, maybe the market will grow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-16 08:10 AM
    That is the real question. Chen tells us that they are making what customers (enterprise) say they want, but they don't buy. This does not add up.

With the surge in hackings that we hear about, maybe the market will grow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Surge in hackings... or a surge in "possible" vulnerabilities that the average user would never be vulnerable to anyway?
    Shlooky likes this.
    08-01-16 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD