Are there any video game emulators available for bb10? Specifically gameboy/gameboy color. I'd like to be able to use the wasd buttons to move.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 07:56 PM
    Retroarch. But you have to side load it.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 07:57 PM
    Retroarch. But you have to side load it.

Posted via CB10
    It has support for wasd keymapping?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 08:26 PM
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 09:11 PM
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, thanks.

Where do I get the bar file from? It isn't in the libretro buildbot

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 10:46 PM
    06-20-16 11:05 PM
    Keep in mind one annoyance is that it does not save the key mapping. You have to set the keys every time you use the app. It's a bit of a hassle but it's worth it. The app works like a charm. I try to keep it in an active frame most of the time anyway so it's fine for me.

Retroarch developers are some of the most dedicated people around so we may see a BB10 update in the future that fixes the key mapping issue. They are determined to have Retroarch running on every single device possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 11:07 PM
    Keep in mind one annoyance is that it does not save the key mapping. You have to set the keys every time you use the app. It's a bit of a hassle but it's worth it. The app works like a charm. I try to keep it in an active frame most of the time anyway so it's fine for me.

Retroarch developers are some of the most dedicated people around so we may see a BB10 update in the future that fixes the key mapping issue. They are determined to have Retroarch running on every single device possible.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 11:17 PM
    Not a problem, friend.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 11:22 PM
    How are you custom mapping your keys with that version? I had to change code and build this one to get that functionality:

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases

Anyway, there's that if anyone finds it useful

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 01:38 PM
    Loving Retroarch so far, thanks for the recommendation. The redoing key mapping is a slight pain, so am wondering if anyone has tried an Android alternative.

I installed NES-FC lite. Seems to work well and the key mapping detects my keyboard input. But when I play the game, I can't use the keyboard. Any suggestions for this app or other Android alternatives are appreciated!
    07-15-16 02:58 PM
    Loving Retroarch so far, thanks for the recommendation. The redoing key mapping is a slight pain, so am wondering if anyone has tried an Android alternative.

I installed NES-FC lite. Seems to work well and the key mapping detects my keyboard input. But when I play the game, I can't use the keyboard. Any suggestions for this app or other Android alternatives are appreciated!
    07-15-16 02:58 PM

Honestly, I don't think you will find anything better than Retroarch nor do I really understand how you could want better. Yes, you need to redo the key mapping each time you boot up but that is such a minor annoyance. Sometimes it's actually a good thing if you want a slightly different setup when going from a SNES game to a Genesis game.

It works like a charm, doesn't work the CPU all that much (so good on the battery as far as games go), and it's FREE!

Enjoy what we have and be grateful we have it!!!
    07-15-16 03:11 PM
    I never said I was looking for better, just alternatives. But point well-received.
    07-15-16 03:15 PM