Hi all,

First post here on the 9000 forum. Long story short when the 9000 came out in 2008 I believe I wasn't a smartphone user or Blackberry mega fan as I am now. I always think of the Bold 9000 as the high point for the company in terms of pure love affair and almost it's peak in terms of cool. I would see these phones everywhere and people loved them.

In any event I bought a fairly mint condition one for for super cheap. If anyone is interested, the guy who sold it to me says he has TONS of them in his shop.

Back on topic here I may get a 2nd line in order to have a functioning Classic and 9000 combo. I went through the settings and got my profiles all set up etc. I went to try and add my email accounts but it asked me if I wanted to set this up on BES and that's when I hit the brick wall. There doesn't appear to be an option for me to bypass this. I have added wi-fi and the Internet appears to be working although I don't have the BlackBerry logo in the top corner like other devices.

Anybody able to offer any assistance? I need to get an adapter for the SIM card so I haven't tested out the phone yet. Sorry about the new questions but I am super excited to test out this bad boy and I didn't ever use its version of OS. I was always a BB7 and 10 guy.

Many thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:43 AM
    Legacy devices require a BIS or BES account to use the BlackBerry features.
    BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com
    This guide will help you get around most of the restrictions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/
    If you still wish to fully use your Bold:
    • For BIS, see if your cell carrier offers it and for the device you have.
    • For BES, that is something ran by companies/governments by basically having a BlackBerry server running on their network system.

Also, the SIM adapter can cause troubles for you.
    Warning: Using a SIM adapter incorrectly brings down a world of hate | Android Central
    Also:

If the adapter has any gap or ridge between it and the SIM, when you insert it into the SIM slot it can allow the terminals that contact the SIM to get stuck when you attempt to remove it.
    If this happens and you try and force it, it will bend/break the terminals. This will require a new SIM tray to be installed on the device, which is very hard to do.
    06-09-16 04:39 AM
    So just another question on my new 9000.

My device is suppose to be unlocked but when I tried to search for a network the "search" feature said it wasn't working and to later.

Is there a specific way I can confirm if the device is unlocked? I have a Wind SIM but Rogers shows up on the devices wallpaper.

I am just so excited to get this thing up and running but I keep running into these little things.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 01:49 AM
    So just another question on my new 9000.

My device is suppose to be unlocked but when I tried to search for a network the "search" feature said it wasn't working and to later.

Is there a specific way I can confirm if the device is unlocked? I have a Wind SIM but Rogers shows up on the devices wallpaper.

I am just so excited to get this thing up and running but I keep running into these little things.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    See:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...36/#post125855
    06-11-16 05:20 AM
    Hi everyone,

So I was finally able to resolve my locking/unlocking issue. Turns out the SIM didn't appear to be properly inserted.

Now my current issue is I am unable to connect to my specific network which is Wind Mobile. I get Wind Away with no issue but I can't seem to connect to Wind Home which would be the normal connection.

When I do a network search it doesn't bring up Wind Home. If I leave it on automatic it's the same thing. Phone calls don't go through at all and it says "call failed" but then it appears SMS text messages work.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 11:02 PM
    Hi all,

Just a quick update to see if I can find the answer to my problem regarding connecting to the Wind Network.

The device I purchased was a Rogers model that's unlocked but I am starting to think that the bands available for this phone don't work with Wind's home network?

I placed my SIM card in an Wind 9900 and I was able to connect to BIS right away but for whatever reason the Rogers unlocked 9000 won't connect.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:09 PM
    You will need to know what specific model number the 9900 is question is, then get which hardware radio it has.
    That will show what Bands and Frequencies the 9900 you have works on.
    Then see what your carrier operates on.

This may help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...quency-657190/
    07-05-16 07:18 AM
    Did you get it working?!? I have a new 9900 and every once in awhile I consider going back to it. Took it out of the box, set it up for my daughter, took off the plastic protectors... to have her tell me she didn't want a BlackBerry... I don't think a phone call/text/email has ever been sent from it. We went out and got what she wanted. It's such a beautiful device

white Z30 STA100-5
    07-23-16 05:39 PM
    Did you get it working?!? I have a new 9900 and every once in awhile I consider going back to it. Took it out of the box, set it up for my daughter, took off the plastic protectors... to have her tell me she didn't want a BlackBerry... I don't think a phone call/text/email has ever been sent from it. We went out and got what she wanted. It's such a beautiful device

white Z30 STA100-5

Hi,

I think I figured out that the bands that the 9000 was designed to work with don't include my carrier (Wind) I know that the 9900 was designed for a few different carriers but the different models worked on different carriers and I suspect it was the same with the 9000.

I am using a Classic and 9900 combo now but the 9000 was a great addition to my BlackBerry lineup. I don't plan on using it on another carrier at the moment but for the price I paid ($30 CAD or $22 US) it was a steal. It's in really good shape too.

The guy selling them had hundreds of them and included a 2nd battery too. If anyone is interested in them let me know and we can maybe work out a order I can send out for cost.

The the I love about the 9000 is the keyboard and I love the back. It feels great in the hands too. At the end of the day this was the device when BlackBerry was at its top in 2008 and 2009.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-10-16 02:43 AM
    Hi all,

First post here on the 9000 forum. Long story short when the 9000 came out in 2008 I believe I wasn't a smartphone user or Blackberry mega fan as I am now. I always think of the Bold 9000 as the high point for the company in terms of pure love affair and almost it's peak in terms of cool. I would see these phones everywhere and people loved them.

In any event I bought a fairly mint condition one for for super cheap. If anyone is interested, the guy who sold it to me says he has TONS of them in his shop.

Back on topic here I may get a 2nd line in order to have a functioning Classic and 9000 combo. I went through the settings and got my profiles all set up etc. I went to try and add my email accounts but it asked me if I wanted to set this up on BES and that's when I hit the brick wall. There doesn't appear to be an option for me to bypass this. I have added wi-fi and the Internet appears to be working although I don't have the BlackBerry logo in the top corner like other devices.

Anybody able to offer any assistance? I need to get an adapter for the SIM card so I haven't tested out the phone yet. Sorry about the new questions but I am super excited to test out this bad boy and I didn't ever use its version of OS. I was always a BB7 and 10 guy.

Many thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    who has them?
    06-10-17 09:49 AM