Haven't seen any updates from the No.1 BlackBerry fan site in a long while.
    keliew likes this.
    05-30-16 02:30 AM
    They would need someone to work on it first

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 02:44 AM
    Is it worthwhile updating it I ask?

Not that many people seem to use it now. So different from a few years ago.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    Jay420666 likes this.
    05-30-16 04:53 AM
    What's wrong with it? Asking seriously, because it works fine for me on BB10 and IOS. They just work differently.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    elfabio80 and anon(8719892) like this.
    05-30-16 06:08 AM
    What's wrong with it? Asking seriously, because it works fine for me on BB10 and IOS. They just work differently.

Have to agree with this. Well, the BB10 bit anyway.

05-30-16 06:35 AM
    Is it worthwhile updating it I ask?

Not that many people seem to use it now. So different from a few years ago.

It does need one if I'm honest, even if it just removes discontinued button (thanks button) and the broken Videos section.
    05-30-16 11:34 AM
    Or, in keeping with recent events, they also announce a "sunset" for BB10 devices!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    eldricho likes this.
    05-30-16 12:47 PM
    I have problems with the app. It seems to not understand all tags as I frequently see html-like content which is supposed to style the post but the same posts look fine on the android version. Also I have issues with the dedicated Android/Apk section. No matter what I do the first time I open the android sub-forum I can't open any threads and I have to close the sub-forum (swipe right) then re-open and only on the second times does it work. So yeah it has some issues.
    05-30-16 01:18 PM
    They have planned the update. about two years ago I think. They had new developer "working" on that and they have even released an update!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing after that. still no PM support, etc.
    it's funny, how CB has much more functional ANDROID app than native BB app.

they even didn't bother to port the android app..
    05-30-16 05:43 PM
    They have planned the update. about two years ago I think. They had new developer "working" on that and they have even released an update
    Yeah, me; last year
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-30-16 05:48 PM
    So, what happened Paul?

05-30-16 08:11 PM
    At this time, there are no 'planned' updates for CB10 but that's not to say we won't be going back and looking at it at some point. Right now, aside from a few small issues the app works. Could it be better? Always. But there's also not as many folks downloading the CB10 app either, while the number of downloads for the Android app increases and with two more Android devices planned from BlackBerry, well, it's only expected to increase further.

Truth be told, most of the 'issues' people have with the app aren't really issues with the app at all. Most just assume they are because well, that's where the problems are easily visible. Generally speaking, most issues that people raise with the app when something breaks stems from our forums system, the back-end systems or other network problems which we try hard to correct as soon as they arise when it is within our capability to fully address them.

Obviously, if something drastic happens within the app that totally destroys it from working, we'll address that and get that fixed as soon as possible but I've noted before that if you're waiting for PM support to arrive, it's simply not coming. The way the app was set up does not allow for us to easily integrate it and as such, we've scrapped all efforts to have PM support included.

Now, this is where my memory gets fuzzy and I will need to double check but I do believe there was one build that was not yet released. It was sent off to beta testers but was never 'planned' for release. I believe that build fixed the videos section along with a few other bugs as well, but again, I'll have to double-check on that. If I find there is a build there that hasn't been released, then absolutely, I'll get that pushed out (as long as it doesn't break something else along the way) but I'll let it be known right now, it's not going to be some magic bullet that's going to end all bugs and it won't fix the thanks button issue either, because if I recall correctly, that was not a concern at that time.
    05-30-16 10:28 PM

they even didn't bother to port the android app..
    It's on the Amazon App Store - http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Nations...UvbUpU12452311

Besides, you already know most would just say something like 'I'm not using that Android trash' or whatever if it was in BlackBerry World instead of the Amazon App Store.
    05-30-16 11:02 PM
    At this time, there are no 'planned' updates for CB10 but that's not to say we won't be going back and looking at it at some point. Right now, aside from a few small issues the app works. Could it be better? Always. But there's also not as many folks downloading the CB10 app either, while the number of downloads for the Android app increases and with two more Android devices planned from BlackBerry, well, it's only expected to increase further.

Truth be told, most of the 'issues' people have with the app aren't really issues with the app at all. Most just assume they are because well, that's where the problems are easily visible. Generally speaking, most issues that people raise with the app when something breaks stems from our forums system, the back-end systems or other network problems which we try hard to correct as soon as they arise when it is within our capability to fully address them.

Obviously, if something drastic happens within the app that totally destroys it from working, we'll address that and get that fixed as soon as possible but I've noted before that if you're waiting for PM support to arrive, it's simply not coming. The way the app was set up does not allow for us to easily integrate it and as such, we've scrapped all efforts to have PM support included.

Now, this is where my memory gets fuzzy and I will need to double check but I do believe there was one build that was not yet released. It was sent off to beta testers but was never 'planned' for release. I believe that build fixed the videos section along with a few other bugs as well, but again, I'll have to double-check on that. If I find there is a build there that hasn't been released, then absolutely, I'll get that pushed out (as long as it doesn't break something else along the way) but I'll let it be known right now, it's not going to be some magic bullet that's going to end all bugs and it won't fix the thanks button issue either, because if I recall correctly, that was not a concern at that time.
    There's a few small things I did internally, but never pushed it to the main repo.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 03:24 AM
    So, what happened Paul?

Basically like Blaze says above, the way the App was built makes it tricky, certainly not a style of coding I've seen on a BB10 App before.

Posted via CB10
    dangerousfen likes this.
    05-31-16 03:26 AM

Thanks for replying Bla1ze, really appreciate the info, I was just really hoping to see an upgrade.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-31-16 03:26 AM
    but guys, at least you had to implement the simple PM function.

other than that - app is perfectly ok with me. but lack of Pm is a bit bummer
    05-31-16 07:52 AM
    but guys, at least you had to implement the simple PM function.

other than that - app is perfectly ok with me. but lack of Pm is a bit bummer
    Yes, the lack of PM is more than a bummer for me.

I logged on with my PC tonight, only to find that I had been given 4 infractions. The penalties incurred obviously increased because I had no indication that I had transgressed in the first place. Normally I use my Z30 for all my CB surfing and posting, so how would I know I was in trouble and I had no idea that the content was in any way offensive and that I had been PM'ed.

Anyway, as Bla1ze said, it ain't going to be implemented so I guess I will just have to use the laptop more often.
    06-03-16 07:58 PM
    Yes, the lack of PM is more than a bummer for me.

I logged on with my PC tonight, only to find that I had been given 4 infractions. The penalties incurred obviously increased because I had no indication that I had transgressed in the first place. Normally I use my Z30 for all my CB surfing and posting, so how would I know I was in trouble and I had no idea that the content was in any way offensive and that I had been PM'ed.

Anyway, as Bla1ze said, it ain't going to be implemented so I guess I will just have to use the laptop more often.
    I totally agree, I'm missing a lot of action on Cb.
    06-03-16 11:54 PM
    Classic example of the BlackBerry ecosystem failing. Even CB is not supportive. Rather sad.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-04-16 12:35 PM
    Just moved to dtek50 and must say, this android app is horrid. Desperately needs updating /tweeking.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    08-16-16 07:55 PM
    I think all of us need PM feature

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:00 PM
    That's because it hasn't been the No 1 Blackberry Fan Site in a couple years now.

08-30-16 12:13 AM
    That's because it hasn't been the No 1 Blackberry Fan Site in a couple years now.

Eh.......
    08-30-16 12:34 AM

12-02-16 06:41 AM
26 12