I heard from a tech friend whos uncle works for RIM. He told me RIM is going to release a better Storm in a few months with a better processor. Has anyone out there heard this and if it is true?
    12-02-08 07:49 PM
    I doubt it. Wouldn't it have to be repassed by the FCC since it is physically different?
    12-02-08 07:53 PM
    I would love to know if this is for real, because I am thinking about getting one at the beginning of January and don't want to be outdated just a month later!... can this friend of yours absolutely confirm it'll be soon? or will it be more like 9-12 months?... if it's just February, March it doesn't make sense considering RIM's rushed delivery, but I'd rather wait if so...
    12-03-08 03:23 PM
    seems like a huge undertaking just to give it a different processor. I hightly doubt they'll be doing it in the next few months. Maybe for next christmas though.
    12-03-08 03:53 PM
    I doubt it very much...
    12-03-08 03:57 PM
    I doubt it. Wouldn't it have to be repassed by the FCC since it is physically different?
    Why would it have to have been passed right now? Both versions of the Storm weren't passed by the FCC until a month before launch.
    12-03-08 04:12 PM
    On Dec 5th Blackberry storm is going to update the software( fix the bugs). The software can be downloaded. I got my info from a girl that I always buy my phones from. She gives me HUGE discounts. Plus she is waaaaaay hot .lol
    12-03-08 04:38 PM
    12-03-08 04:41 PM
    I heard from a tech friend whos uncle works for RIM. He told me RIM is going to release a better Storm in a few months with a better processor. Has anyone out there heard this and if it is true?
    Is it April already?
    12-05-08 09:35 PM
    He said a few months, not next month.
    12-06-08 01:01 AM
    They are working on the next Storm which will be for the 4g network.
    12-06-08 01:39 AM
    Plus she is waaaaaay hot .lol
    Id listen to her then. ;-)
    12-06-08 11:50 AM
    Is it possible just to upgrade the processer and ram yourself?
    12-08-08 10:58 AM
    Maybe he is talking about the Storm for AT&T?
    12-08-08 01:07 PM
    ahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahhahalolz
    12-09-08 04:29 PM
    I have heard that AT&T is suppose to get the Storm and have Wi-Fi, but not sure about the processor.
    12-10-08 08:16 AM
    That's just a rumor I think. People start rumors like this all the time to try to get people excited. Don't pay it any mind.
    12-11-08 02:49 AM
    All the hardware will be upgraded in the storm 2. Too many things that RIM would have to get passed and right now they are making the OS ready for "prime time ".
    When the OS issues are taken care of you won't need a faster processer cuz you won't notice much.
    I am a BOLD user and am on .185 and everything got way faster from .167.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:00 AM

if your new to phones and maybe familiar with video game systems or something..

it would be like replacing the processor in a PS3

even if the os recognized it it probably wouldnt utilize it.

and these aren't your typical "computer processor"
    12-11-08 04:38 AM
    i doubt that also
    12-16-08 12:50 PM
    yea well my uncles brothers cousin works for a guy whos girlfriend works at RIM and she said that the storm 2 is going to have a teleportation device built in. And is coming out in a couple months.

No to processor change. You are probably thinking of the 9500 which is the CDMA version and has a higher processor.

No to the storm going to ATT especially not with wifi. Contract with vzw has a length much greater than a month on it.
    12-18-08 04:05 AM
    They had the 624MHz processor from the Bold set for the Storm as well prior to release, and the World Edition the VZW got was supposed to get it, but I think that was put off.
    12-18-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD