This is a minor annoyance, but frustrating nonetheless. c_bryant, can you please investigate.

When I open a file using the email app of any of my other Androids, the file name and extension are maintained. In these examples I'm using a PDF, opening it with the internal Google viewer on both phones.

Note in this example from my HTC device, the file name and extension (viewable up top) are maintained - "test PDF dated...pdf":

Now look what happens when I do the same thing with my Priv using the Hub and the same built in Google PDF viewer. The file name and extension are lost. The name and extension are replaced by "RAW" :

This creates two frustrating problems when saving these files to my Google Drive: (1) they need to be renames or all the files in my Drive will be end up being called "RAW", and (2) since the file extension is lost, I have to manually append ".pdf" when I save the file, or no other app/computer can open it.

I filed at least four bug reports on this in the beta, but it seems like they were all ignored. The BSR numbers are:

I, along with other users of files and Google Drive most likely, would appreciate a response and investigation.
    05-24-16 05:14 AM
    This works perfectly on my priv, both opening files from Hub and also saving them either locally or to Google Drive.

This isn't a bug with the build but seems to be a glitch on your device. Have you tried a factory reset?

I'm running the latest Marshmallow build by the way, but have never had this issue from day 1 on Lollipop.
    05-24-16 05:54 AM
    Just tested it save as .pdf for me
    Attached Thumbnails Hub Bug Opening Files - Please Fix!!!-1464087434734.jpg   Hub Bug Opening Files - Please Fix!!!-1464087446717.jpg  
    05-24-16 05:57 AM
    Just tested it save as .pdf for me
    Thanks. That is by hitting the Save button in Hub. Yes that works.

I'm talking about opening the file in the PDF viewer. Then the name and extension is lost and replaced by RAW.

Sometimes I need to open it first, and it's frustrating to lose the name.
    05-24-16 07:19 AM
    This works perfectly on my priv, both opening files from Hub and also saving them either locally or to Google Drive.

This isn't a bug with the build but seems to be a glitch on your device. Have you tried a factory reset?

I'm running the latest Marshmallow build by the way, but have never had this issue from day 1 on Lollipop.
    Done two factor resets. It's a bug since Marshmallow.

I bet you're misinterpreting what I wrote. Don't SAVE the file using the disk icon. Open it using Google Drive PDF viewer.

Then post a screen shot.
    05-24-16 07:20 AM
    I have the same bug as NJ.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-24-16 07:47 AM
    Have you tried a different PDF viewer to see how it opens? To me that sounds like it might be a problem with the Google Drive PDF viewer.

Yes, I did read that it works differently on different devices, but that doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with the hub.
    05-24-16 07:52 AM
    Ah gotcha, Ben
    05-24-16 08:05 AM
    Ah I understand now, apologies. I see the bug and it applies to all 3 or 4 pdf viewers I have on my priv, so it would appear to be hub and not pdf app that has the issue.
    05-24-16 08:13 AM
    Have you tried a different PDF viewer to see how it opens? To me that sounds like it might be a problem with the Google Drive PDF viewer.

Yes, I did read that it works differently on different devices, but that doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with the hub.
    It is a problem in communication between the Hub and Google Drive viewer. Every single other Android phone I have maintains the file name, and I have five of them. I do not want use a different PDF viewer, because the stock Google one integrates best with Google Drive.

I know there are workaround, such as saving the file using the disk icon, but as I said, sometimes I need to open the file and view it, and then I have to rename it or back out of it then save with disk icon. As I said, minor but annoying.

I therefore appreciate your suggestion, but this is a bug that BlackBerry has to fix. It is 100% on them.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-24-16 08:16 AM
    I'm glad we're all on board now. The Hub does not "transmit" file names to apps that open these files.

The bug exists. It needs fixing. I submitted at least four BSR's. They were not addressed. Thank you.
    05-24-16 08:20 AM
    It is a problem in communication between the Hub and Google Drive viewer. Every single other Android phone I have maintains the file name, and I have five of them. I do not want use a different PDF viewer, because the stock Google one integrates best with Google Drive.

I know there are workaround, such as saving the file using the disk icon, but as I said, sometimes I need to open the file and view it, and then I have to rename it or back out of it then save with disk icon. As I said, minor but annoying.

I therefore appreciate your suggestion, but this is a bug that BlackBerry has to fix. It is 100% on them.
    I am having the same issue as Jersey and I am using Adobe as my pdf viewer.
    05-24-16 08:48 AM
    I'm glad we're all on board now. The Hub does not "transmit" file names to apps that open these files.

The bug exists. It needs fixing. I submitted at least four BSR's. They were not addressed. Thank you.
    Being that this is not an urgent issue, I doubt it will be tackled immediately
    05-24-16 09:59 AM
    Being that this is not an urgent issue, I doubt it will be tackled immediately
    Agree, but it should be fixed.
    05-24-16 10:45 AM
    An acknowledgement of the issue, and a "we're working on it" would be appreciated, as I've taken the time to submit at least four BSR's, post a very detailed OP, and everyone in this thread confirmed the bug.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-24-16 07:52 PM
    Update please.
    05-26-16 09:15 AM
    BB is not the most responsive or emotive company. But also let's remember that while a few of their employees have been gracious in answering some of our questions and concerns, they are not necessarily the ones in charge of responding or changing or fixing apps or the OS. Let's not make life difficult for them. They are not going to answer every question. They are not going to fix every bug or add options at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for listening.
    Pinot2015 likes this.
    05-26-16 09:45 AM
    Do they even test things before they release them? If they are going to be a software company and all the problems that they have across every software package they release, they are in big problems.
    05-26-16 10:10 AM
    BB is not the most responsive or emotive company. But also let's remember that while a few of their employees have been gracious in answering some of our questions and concerns, they are not necessarily the ones in charge of responding or changing or fixing apps or the OS. Let's not make life difficult for them. They are not going to answer every question. They are not going to fix every bug or add options at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for listening.
    Exactly, BlackBerry won't via a 3rd party forum like this. I have seen them respond and help for urgent issues but you can't please all. This forum is not a BlackBerry customer service site but I do think it's great they are on here at all.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 10:49 AM

Thanks for listening.
    They respond here all the time, and I expect a similar response to this issue.
    05-26-16 11:38 AM
    Do they even test things before they release them? If they are going to be a software company and all the problems that they have across every software package they release, they are in big problems.
    Right.
    Exactly, BlackBerry won't via a 3rd party forum like this. I have seen them respond and help for urgent issues but you can't please all. This forum is not a BlackBerry customer service site but I do think it's great they are on here at all.
    Wrong.
    Right.
    So what software developed in house has been successful and had a good launch?
    05-26-16 12:13 PM
    So what software developed in house has been successful and had a good launch?
    None. I'm agreeing with you.
    05-26-16 12:14 PM
    They respond here all the time, and I expect a similar response to this issue.
    Obviously, you can expect anything you want. I don't believe that voluntarily answering some questions makes it incumbent that they snap-to and answer all questions. But that's just my opinion and WHAT I EXPECT.
    05-26-16 01:03 PM
29 12