... Just asking, because with my Priv (factory unlocked) I get excellent battery life, my (rear) camera is excellent, the sound is loud and clear and as good as can be expected.... My Priv doesn't get hot, it doesn't lag, phone and internet reception/ performance is excellent, call voice quality is superb, bluetooth has no issues, the screen is amazing, the Hub works fine with all my emails, texts, and social apps. No squeaks, crackles, bends, or build issues.

I've owned cell phones and smart phones since the late '90's. I average a new device less then every two years. I am firmly a moderate/ moderately heavy user. I worked in the industry for years before moving to a different profession a few years ago.
    Since I hear so much negativity here, I'm Just wondering- Am I unusual for having no appreciable problems and loving the device?

Please shout it out if you feel some luv for your Priv!
    phuoc, Wezard, Stelios Gnd and 8 others like this.
    05-23-16 08:44 PM
    No more unusual than my Priv and I are! 👍😀😀😀
    garpt likes this.
    05-23-16 08:52 PM
    I'm glad to say we are in the same boat... Happy sailing!!! ⛵

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    misterabrasive and garpt like this.
    05-23-16 08:58 PM
    ... Just asking, because with my Priv (factory unlocked) I get excellent battery life, my (rear) camera is excellent, the sound is loud and clear and as good as can be expected.... My Priv doesn't get hot, it doesn't lag, phone and internet reception/ performance is excellent, call voice quality is superb, bluetooth has no issues, the screen is amazing, the Hub works fine with all my emails, texts, and social apps. No squeaks, crackles, bends, or build issues.

I've owned cell phones and smart phones since the late '90's. I average a new device less then every two years. I am firmly a moderate/ moderately heavy user. I worked in the industry for years before moving to a different profession a few years ago.
    Since I hear so much negativity here, I'm Just wondering- Am I unusual for having no appreciable problems and loving the device?

My experience with my factory unlocked Priv closely parallels yours.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    garpt likes this.
    05-23-16 09:06 PM
    Count me in!
    garpt likes this.
    05-23-16 09:26 PM
    I noticed that you guys all have factory unlocked Priv... would you please also note when did you get it? Or the manufacturing date?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    misterabrasive likes this.
    05-23-16 09:42 PM
    I noticed that you guys all have factory unlocked Priv... would you please also note when did you get it? Or the manufacturing date?

I'm thinking the factory unlocked part has a lot to do with the lack of problems (that and rogue 3rd party apps!)
    Our two were from BestBuy, no manufacture date on box, purchased a month ago.
    05-23-16 09:46 PM
    I'm also having a wonderful experience with my Priv!
    garpt likes this.
    05-23-16 10:02 PM
    Hoping to join you guys later this week. My 1st experience wasn't great. Bought a Verizon Priv on eBay. Got a great price and it will be delivered later this week. I buy stuff on eBay all the time. So, I wasn't too skeptical.
    05-23-16 10:14 PM

Verizon here. Bought March 18. Made February 2016.
    05-24-16 04:50 AM
    Factory unlocked from Amazon bought in November
    05-24-16 05:01 AM
    Hoping to join you guys later this week. My 1st experience wasn't great. Bought a Verizon Priv on eBay. Got a great price and it will be delivered later this week. I buy stuff on eBay all the time. So, I wasn't too skeptical.
    Is your new one factory unlocked?
    05-24-16 07:35 AM
    I had two Privs . First was a Rogers locked phone STV100-3 which was perfect on Lolipop and Marshmallow. (Sold to brother).
    Second one now is a factory unlocked STV100-1 on Marshmallow that also works great just as OP states.

Using PRIV since Nov 6, 2015
    05-24-16 07:45 AM
    How long have you been using your Priv ?

Me, I'm on my second Priv and it has been day vs night, with my second Priv being day = excellent.
    On my second Priv I am being very cautious about apps. Also, while I have finally downloaded
    Neutron, I have yet to download my 1GB glob of music. I am very suspicious of build quality and
    also of the nano SIM card.

I have two Windows boxes, two Windows laptops, three old BB PBs (still working great), and one Verizon
    Android 4glte tablet all working great. I work all the time with hardware engineers solving problems.

At first I was enchanted with the idea of learning Android and my Verizon tablet seemed quite stable and
    dependable. With the Priv, I am learning way too much about Greenify and other tools apps designed to
    keep my Priv clean and running great. I'm beginning to wonder how this will all end... Doc Neutron
    05-24-16 09:33 AM
    The Debbie Downers in 3.....2.....1.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-24-16 09:52 AM
    How long have you been using your Priv ?

Me, I'm on my second Priv and it has been day vs night, with my second Priv being day = excellent.
    On my second Priv I am being very cautious about apps. Also, while I have finally downloaded
    Neutron, I have yet to download my 1GB glob of music. I am very suspicious of build quality and
    also of the nano SIM card.

I have two Windows boxes, two Windows laptops, three old BB PBs (still working great), and one Verizon
    Android 4glte tablet all working great. I work all the time with hardware engineers solving problems.

At first I was enchanted with the idea of learning Android and my Verizon tablet seemed quite stable and
    dependable. With the Priv, I am learning way too much about Greenify and other tools apps designed to
    keep my Priv clean and running great. I'm beginning to wonder how this will all end... Doc Neutron
    I'm very careful with apps as well. Just because an app is in the Google store doesn't mean it is well written/ executed. No problem with hundreds of pics and over a thousand songs stored on my SD card.
    05-24-16 11:39 AM

Lol, thank you. The gripping and complaining is too much sometimes. I was thinking just this morning about making post like this, so, again, thank you.

I love my Priv and I am having no problems. Mine is not unlocked, it's a Verizon phone. For me, it is the best phone I have had in a long time. Thoroughly enjoying it.
    Last edited by Macjr68; 05-24-16 at 04:40 PM.
    misterabrasive, garpt and FF22 like this.
    05-24-16 12:13 PM
    I (crossed fingers knocking on wood) don't have any particular issues with my Verizon Priv.

My main issue is still having to Tap an icon twice or hit the 'once only' button when a 3rd party app is necessary to carry out a function. I'm still reluctant to commit to any particular app. Too many choices. And, yes, I know I can reset the default if I make the wrong choice.

I also have to admit I liked the good ol' days when FREE meant FREE and there weren't intrusive ads with moving images. Give me two week unobstructed access or some such rather than some of these darn ads.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-24-16 12:41 PM
    or maybe you just have low/average standards. The priv shouldn't the optimization problems it has when it costs what it costs. We are talking of one of the most expensive phones out there, you expect it to perform to justtify that price
    05-24-16 01:03 PM
    I really wanted this thread to be about the many that are happy with their Priv(s) and have no issues. We are out there! I certainly feel as if I got great value in the product. My standards are certainly not low.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-24-16 01:29 PM
    I'm unusual with a defective vzw priv too I guess. I have the same issues as the op. That is to say mine works great

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    misterabrasive likes this.
    05-24-16 01:33 PM
    My Priv works perfectly and I love it.

05-24-16 02:36 PM
    Same for me. Love it. And it's just gjetting better.
    Been waiting for a high end android with a pbk. And who should make it if not BlackBerry?
    With MM batteri to has improved.
    6 hours + screen on time is'nt bad..

Attached Thumbnails Is there something wrong with my Priv?-9806.jpg  
    garpt likes this.
    05-24-16 03:01 PM
    My second Priv works great. BUT: just look through our Forum ! WHAT is going on ?

BOTH my Privs have been from Verizon. I have NEVER had to return a BB from Verizon...
    05-24-16 03:05 PM
    It's normal to see more Posts from people that they have problems and seek for a solution.
    05-24-16 04:45 PM
42 12