I know it's my fualt for reading them, but im a little sick of hearing people crying. Convince me to stay, I wanted to love it, ATT iPhone this, its nots like the iPhone.

Come on, do a little research like so many others have. The iPhone had a ton of problems when first launched. Not only that its not a iPhone. Im sick of hearing it being compared to a phone on a different network thats been out for 2 + years.

Stop Crying, if you dont like it move on, stop posting about how you sent it back and are thinking of the iPhone. NO ONE CARES about your life after the STORM.
    12-02-08 05:25 PM
    Actually, I am having a blast! No, it's not perfect, but this is not a platform where all the fun has come and gone. We get to dig in and learn this all new stuff and there is a lot of room to grow. This is the way it was in the early days of PocketPC's. I love this!
    12-02-08 05:28 PM
    My feeling exactly storm still has the edge factor the sense of wonder and discovery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:31 PM
    I am waiting on my Storm, but I would rather hear a little more positive stuff like this. In some ways I think people are trying to do to much messing around with the OS and stuff.

When i get mine im going to set it up with the same apps as i have on my current BB and see how that works. Once the bugs, "if i find any" are worked out I will attempt to do a little more with it.

For now i just need to make and receive calls while i have fun with the touch screen.
    12-02-08 05:32 PM
    I have to say even running .65 its not as buggy as people make it sound there are some quirks and bit of lag but its an amazing phone otherwise

12-02-08 05:34 PM
    I'm more annoyed at how people are acting so shocked that there are bugs. What annoys me even more are the same people saying how they regret getting it. It's simple, EARLY ADOPTERS SUFFER THE EARLY UNKNOWN BUGS! This is a law in this arena. The Iphone was not great when it first came out, and damn, RIM has been trying to fix the problems a lot quicker! I'm annoyed because if people couldn't handle dealing with equipment that isn't perfected yet, why did they have to buy it and make me wait a week?
    12-02-08 05:35 PM
    I'm annoyed because if people couldn't handle dealing with equipment that isn't perfected yet, why did they have to buy it and make me wait a week?

Haha, Amen
    12-02-08 05:38 PM
    I was lucky to get one but I have friends that weren't and desperately want one as chronic early adopters we know what to expect and are willing to work through it with the benefit of being on the cutting edge I agree that some people should have steered clear of the storm and given those who really wanted one a chance

12-02-08 05:43 PM
    Exactly OP. If you want the mePhone, go buy one, and join their forums.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-02-08 at 05:53 PM.
    12-02-08 05:45 PM
    OK, I didn't know the Storm came with super glue smeared to the outside of the device. That has to be the only explanation, because the thing has not left my hands in 5 days. I had the Treo 700p before and heard about crackberry this and crackberry that, but was never a believer....until now!

When do the online 12 step programs begin?
    12-02-08 05:47 PM
    I know it's my fualt for reading them, but im a little sick of hearing people crying. Convince me to stay, I wanted to love it, ATT iPhone this, its nots like the iPhone.

Come on, do a little research like so many others have. The iPhone had a ton of problems when first launched. Not only that its not a iPhone. Im sick of hearing it being compared to a phone on a different network thats been out for 2 + years.

Stop Crying, if you dont like it move on, stop posting about how you sent it back and are thinking of the iPhone. NO ONE CARES about your life after the STORM.
    I feel your pain.

But let's look at what's happening in this forum.

I think that for the most part, many of the posts here are from Storm owners who are tying to figure something out, and they need help. And, thanks to the many, many experts here, they get it! They want to achieve something kind of complex, like syncing multiple calendars using Google and Outlook...and they need some guidance. There are plenty of kind people here who have the knowledge and the willingness to share their experience and help.

There's also a substantial group who have discovered an issue or a flaw, and want to find out if it's operator error, a bad unit, or a global issue. By posting here they figure that out. For example, the momentary appearance of the lightning bolt graphic, or the quirky LED performance.

There are also Storm lovers. People who believe it's a great piece of technology, that needs a bit of a workout before all the kinks are fixed. (That's me. I really like this little rascal.)

There are the conspiracy lovers, who believe Verizon and/or RIM want nothing more than to totally screw over everyone who does business with them. "VZ Navigator costs 10 bucks a month...that's such BS!"

There are also the whiners and the disappointed, who hoped for perfection and got much less. And by Jove, if they have to click that button twice to answer a call, they'll never, ever forgive RIM.

And then, there are the Karl Roves, who say any criticism is unpatriotic.

But once again, there are the BB experts. The people who really, really understand the technology and the procedures and are willing to share. Thank you. You're what makes this place so great.

So many groups, so may agendas, so many opinions.

Gee, kind of sounds like America.
    12-02-08 05:49 PM
    well I'm past hearing the complaints. I dont mind if it is people needing help or something. But to come ask for someone to beg them to stay or compare to the iphone or bold or curve. blah blah!! I mean if you dont know by now what phone you want you are NOT a crackberry addict!! so go!!
    12-02-08 05:50 PM
    I love the convince me threads. For a starter, Why should I convince you? As if me or the blackberry community or the world at large is gonna be better off if your "Convinced", and how desperate I am to convince you !

LOL ..... They make me laugh they do !!!!!
    12-02-08 05:55 PM
    There has been this endless comparison...Iphone vs Storm. When the Iphone was released in 2007, it was this new and wondrous device, it had no comparisons. Now the Storm comes along and voila, it seems every tech reviewer from BGR to CNET are making unfavorable comparisons. I believe in the next six months, the Storm will blow the doors off the Iphone. With the constant updates, I believe it will be a truly remarkable device...and I have no allegience to BB.
    12-02-08 06:17 PM
    OK, I didn't know the Storm came with super glue smeared to the outside of the device. That has to be the only explanation, because the thing has not left my hands in 5 days. I had the Treo 700p before and heard about crackberry this and crackberry that, but was never a believer....until now!

When do the online 12 step programs begin?
    I feel your pain. Once you visit CrackBerry land you want the ride to never end.
    12-02-08 06:28 PM
    Just a big Amen to this.

This is a forum, as i understand it, for people who use the same device to act as a support network for one another with information, tips, releases, leaks, FAQs, problem solving...

If you've decided you don't like the device, super duper. Move on, like the guy with the cigar said theres a forum out there for you no matter what you buy.

Going to go start my own thread entitled "Convince Me" and start it with:
    Convince me to care why you got rid of your Storm?
    12-02-08 06:40 PM
    I feel your pain.

But let's look at what's happening in this forum.

I think that for the most part, many of the posts here are from Storm owners who are tying to figure something out, and they need help. And, thanks to the many, many experts here, they get it! They want to achieve something kind of complex, like syncing multiple calendars using Google and Outlook...and they need some guidance. There are plenty of kind people here who have the knowledge and the willingness to share their experience and help.

There's also a substantial group who have discovered an issue or a flaw, and want to find out if it's operator error, a bad unit, or a global issue. By posting here they figure that out. For example, the momentary appearance of the lightning bolt graphic, or the quirky LED performance.

There are also Storm lovers. People who believe it's a great piece of technology, that needs a bit of a workout before all the kinks are fixed. (That's me. I really like this little rascal.)

There are the conspiracy lovers, who believe Verizon and/or RIM want nothing more than to totally screw over everyone who does business with them. "VZ Navigator costs 10 bucks a month...that's such BS!"

There are also the whiners and the disappointed, who hoped for perfection and got much less. And by Jove, if they have to click that button twice to answer a call, they'll never, ever forgive RIM.

And then, there are the Karl Roves, who say any criticism is unpatriotic.

But once again, there are the BB experts. The people who really, really understand the technology and the procedures and are willing to share. Thank you. You're what makes this place so great.

So many groups, so may agendas, so many opinions.

Gee, kind of sounds like America.
    Anybody else start shouting out "Yes we can!" half way through?
    12-02-08 06:42 PM
    Just a big Amen to this.

This is a forum, as i understand it, for people who use the same device to act as a support network for one another with information, tips, releases, leaks, FAQs, problem solving...

If you've decided you don't like the device, super duper. Move on, like the guy with the cigar said theres a forum out there for you no matter what you buy.

Going to go start my own thread entitled "Convince Me" and start it with:
    Convince me to care why you got rid of your Storm?
    ROFLMAO

Amen, as well.

ALL HAIL STORM!!! hahaha
    12-02-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD