Hello all, just noticed an annoying bug with my Bold. I have the left-side convenience key set to the application switcher. Whenever I hit it, the app switcher comes up, but it also starts the AT&T navigation program. If the nav app is already started, just the app switcher comes up.

I've tried changing the setting to something else or nothing, but the nav program still starts. I've also tried a battery pull. What is even more odd is that it is just a bug with the left button. When putting the app switcher to the right button, it works fine.

Any ideas?

I'm running .185, but this happened on the previous version as well.

Thanks.
    12-02-08 05:08 PM
    No one has run into this yet?

I'm just curious more than anything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 05:42 PM
    I think it's an AT&T software specific problem.

I have the left side also bound to app switcher and i've not encountered any problems.
    12-04-08 05:44 PM
    Interesting. The program is called AT&T Navigator. Anyone on AT&T running into this problem?

12-04-08 08:00 PM
    There's an option in Navigator that hooks it into the left convenience key; stupid, but true. Share and More --> Preferences --> Speech Input --> Convenience Key. Set it to "nothing."
    12-05-08 01:25 PM
    Nothing wrong with mine, I have it set to VLingo and no issues.
    12-05-08 01:31 PM
    Mine was doing that with Vlingo. I had my right convenience key set to do the vlingo hotkey and even in the BB settings i had the key set to "nothing" and it would still fire up att nav. Just like hlevin said, you have to open up navigator and go into its prefs and set the convenience key option to nothing
    12-05-08 02:01 PM
    I have the left side also bound to app switcher and I've not encountered any problems...
    12-05-08 03:35 PM
    We have a winner! Thanks hlevin. I never would have looked under the speech menu for that.

12-05-08 03:48 PM
    No problem. Drove me crazy until I figured it out. Just got luck when looking at the TeleNav documentation online.
    12-05-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD