Just discovered that the copy and paste in the hub doesn't work as I would expect. I need to enter edit mode in a sent message to properly copy. If I do a copy without being in edit mode those continents do not end up on the clipboard but if I am in edit mode they do.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    05-11-16 10:07 AM
    Hmmm...i can't seem to reproduce this. You're in a sent message and you're trying to copy text from the body? And then when you hit paste somewhere else nothing appears?
    05-11-16 10:16 PM
    Just discovered that the copy and paste in the hub doesn't work as I would expect. I need to enter edit mode in a sent message to properly copy. If I do a copy without being in edit mode those continents do not end up on the clipboard but if I am in edit mode they do.

BlackBerry Priv
    I was just running into similar problem. I was copying text from one email to another. I had the copy icon and copied selected text. Went to another email and could not paste. I just had the blue pointer but tapping, pressing jabbing hard would not paste.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 12:20 AM
    Works fine for me.
    05-12-16 06:46 AM
    Same here. Have no idea what happened. It worked fine before the last security update for me. Now when I hit copy, after selecting the text, the entire Email gets highlighted and will not paste at all. Hope there is a fix because I use that a lot.

05-12-16 07:31 AM
    Are you on L or M?
    05-12-16 12:46 PM
    It's not that I can't paste, just that I get the PREVIOUS clipboard contents only. If I go to EDIT mode then the copy works. I've seen this also when trying to copy an email address from a contact... I have to EDIT the contact before the copy actually goes to the clipboard. For me this has been consistent. I'm on L, Verizon

BlackBerry Priv
    05-12-16 01:07 PM
    Are you on L or M?
    Lollipop, here.

05-12-16 02:00 PM
    I'm wondering if that has to do with it...will try to peek into it tomorrow if I have time.
    05-12-16 10:53 PM
    Same problem here on Lollipop. Highlighting any part of an email in the hub results in the entire message being highlighted but when you go to paste say in a calendar item there is nothing to paste. New issues. Worked before last update. Thx for help.
    05-13-16 03:36 AM
    I can not highlight a part of a message. As soon as I have the small part I need (phone number) when I go to copy the whole message highlights.
    05-13-16 03:38 AM
    Wondering why this post doesn't show up under my "participated " list ... ?

Interesting: once I posted this reply the entire post appeared in participated (and I'd tried numerous refreshes before) Second time I've seen this recently.
    Last edited by hbelkin; 05-17-16 at 10:09 AM.
    05-15-16 08:33 PM
    Have you been able to replicate the issue? It's getting rather annoying.

05-24-16 01:28 PM
    No unfortunately. What version of Android WebView are you running?
    05-24-16 09:14 PM
    After May update, I'm having the same issues. My only way to get around this is to highlight what I want to copy, share to evernote, then copy from evernote. It's getting really frustrating that copy and paste isn't working correctly.

05-25-16 09:23 PM
    I have the same issue. Highlight something and as soon as I hit copy it highlights everything

FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 01:13 AM
    Using latest android system webview according to play store.

Attached Thumbnails Hub cut and paste-2585.jpg  
    05-26-16 09:48 AM
    Same issue with copy in the Hub since the May patch on L running on a STV100-2. If I highlight a word then tap the copy icon, the entire e-mail is highlighted and nothing is transferred to the clipboard. I don't have the issue on my other Priv (STV100-1) running M.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 10:00 AM
    Same for me. If I try to copy from one email to the next, some previous item on the clipboard is pasted. Sigh

FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 10:48 AM
    Same here. Annoying when you use email extensively. Hope there's an easy fix.

FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 11:03 AM

BlackBerry Priv
    It looks like an update for the keyboard was just released which adds the functionality to copy and paste with CTRL+C and CTRL+V. Does using that method work correctly by any chance? I don't have a Priv, so I can't test myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 07:38 PM
    CTRL options only work in textedit fields as Mark pointed out, so no solution in that area:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12447137
    05-27-16 12:21 AM
    For me I now even have a certain mail (simple text from an other phone) I can't even mark the text, not talking about copy or even pasting afterwards.
    05-27-16 12:26 AM
    Found a work around for the email copy issue. I highlight the text I want to copyright then hit the share icon, and share it to evernote, then copy all from there to paste in the email I want.

Hope it is fixed soon though.

FF22 likes this.
    05-31-16 05:23 PM
    Found this in Verizon PRIV users thread:

*Originally Posted by*Mushu118*

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I am have an issue with "Copy" feature within emails. I select some text I want to copy, go to top and hit the copy symbol and it then selects the whole email and doesn't copy anything.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a fix?

This seems to be an issue, but there is a work around.

Hit the reply (or reply to all,or forward) button and then select and copy the text you want.

You can then paste that into a new email, or wherever.

FF22 likes this.
    05-31-16 05:49 PM
43 12