Hello Community,
    I really have to share this Experienced that I had today.
    Went out of the car, and forgot that my phone was still on my Lap. I opened the Car Door and I heard and saw my Phone on the Ground.

I was Driving with the Toyota Landcruiser the SUV is very high, not one of the Lowered ones. So the Phone Dropped really hard on the Ground.

My BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is Protected with the Back Case of Nillkin and the Plastic Screen Protector, it comes with the Case.

The only thing that my phone have is some super small not really visible Scratches near the Loudspeakers. And the Plastic Protector got some small scratches. Removed the Protector and the Case and nothing really happend to the BlackBerry only the not visible scratches near the Speaker that's it.

Did you Guys also Experienced something like this?

I love my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition even more now!

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-07-16 11:17 AM
    No

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    05-07-16 01:00 PM
    Hello Community,
    I really have to share this Experienced that I had today.
    Went out of the car, and forgot that my phone was still on my Lap. I opened the Car Door and I heard and saw my Phone on the Ground.

I was Driving with the Toyota Landcruiser the SUV is very high, not one of the Lowered ones. So the Phone Dropped really hard on the Ground.

My BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is Protected with the Back Case of Nillkin and the Plastic Screen Protector, it comes with the Case.

The only thing that my phone have is some super small not really visible Scratches near the Loudspeakers. And the Plastic Protector got some small scratches. Removed the Protector and the Case and nothing really happend to the BlackBerry only the not visible scratches near the Speaker that's it.

Did you Guys also Experienced something like this?

I love my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition even more now!

No, because I use CLS

Posted via Passport,
    05-07-16 01:16 PM
    CLS? I was not talking from the Same Situation. I mean of course Dropping the Phone somewhere in an other Situation. But also from a high distance.

05-07-16 01:26 PM
    Yup dropped my SE a couple of times already. Am using the OEM Flip case, that's why there were no scratches.

Dropping a phone is normal, and any phone usually survives a drop depending on the angle it hits the floor. I have dropped my Samsungs(s), iPhone(s), LG(s), HTC(s), Lumia(s) and nothing happened to them except for some scratches. The iPhone is quick to scratch on the edges because of its aluminum frame. Polycarbon seems to withstand drops better. But of course this is just from my experience.

The SE, I believe would easily scratch on the chin portion where it is painted plastic. The OG is less prone to scratches (or is less visible).
    05-07-16 09:01 PM
    the last time I dropped my passport SE it was accidentally kicked out of my hand onto my hardwood floor.. I immediately picked it up and checked THE FLOOR for damage

passport was fine obviously, this thing is a solid piece of engineering

Posted via CB10
    AYEBronze likes this.
    05-08-16 12:32 AM
    You checked you Floor first then your Phone? Haha

I will check my PHONE first ;P

05-08-16 02:13 AM
    Yes lol. I once grabbed my PP from the table while walking but I didn't hold it very tight so as I was walking, my passport literally flew away in a projectile way for at least 10 feet and then fell. Nothing happened lol.

I was walking on concrete once with my naked Passport and it fell from my hand screen first. I grabbed it and I saw that there were scratches around the speakers and above the 'BlackBerry' logo. Oops.

My phones falls from me at least twice a week. No screen scratch + the above scratches are now hidden with a cover. Winning.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 02:16 AM
    Wow the cover hide your scratches now? How cool is that.
    As much I love my BlackBerry Naked but I'm to scared to bring it out Naked because I know it will fall down ones a day haha.

05-08-16 03:09 AM
    Hello Community,
    where every I go I always bring my Phone. I was not careful enough yesterday. I dropped my phone very hard from ear high. It felt very hard on the left Corner. The Battery Cover Removed. It opened half. And near the Speaker the Metal deformed. On the left Corner is a small dent. And where the Speaker is the Metal looks out 1-2 mm.

I'm so Hurt to see my BlackBerry like that. Is there a Chance to have it Fixed? It is not super showing but it is disturbing for me.

05-10-16 11:53 PM
    Dude, you gotta be more careful if you want to carry around an expensive piece of tech.

As for your question, unfortunately, I'd say no. Passport SE is a very obscure device and there likely won't be many spare parts on the market (if any) and no shops to repair it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 12:31 AM
    Yes I know it is expensive. But I'm happy I didn't got the Porsche Design haha. I will be more sad then now.

Luckily it is not super showing. But of course I know this spot and I'm always looking there haha.

My Heart is so Hurt to see my Beloved BlackBerry Passport like that. I'm Thinking to replace it already. If it's not possible to repair it.

05-11-16 12:34 AM
    Get it replaced...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 10:04 AM
    Guys I found out today that the LCD is also lift up now on the left upper Side it is 1 or 2 mm higher then the left side. Is that repairable? Or they will just damage more?

05-11-16 10:15 AM
    Get it replaced...

Posted via CB10

posted via my Blueberry
    05-11-16 11:55 AM
    I will lose a lot of Money if I will replace it
    Just got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 3 weeks ago and new

I have to sell this and get a new one
    05-11-16 12:33 PM
    Screen lifting might be the glue. Could replace the glue to see if it fixes the problem.
    05-11-16 12:46 PM
    Is it easy to repair? And it will not cost me so much?

05-11-16 01:46 PM
    I was wanted to repair my phone in the repair shops but all told me they can't repair it. We don't have BlackBerry Service Center here that is the Problem.

So I decided to fix it by myself. I don't have the tools to open the BlackBerry. So I was bending the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.

After Bending a bit in the right position. Wala! It worked the screen Lift went back in old possible. Like new.

So I don't have to replace my beloved BlackBerry Passport SE!

Self Made :P

05-12-16 01:00 PM
    https://www.parts4repair.com/complet...ssport-silver/

Bending to repair it... sound like an apple feature in an alternate universe

H/T link: Brookie229

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    05-12-16 05:18 PM
    Thank you very much for giving me this Link I will think about it, when it happen again to get

But for now the Bending was working.

How is the LCD Connected to the Metal Frame? Glue only or With the Motherboard on the Back with screws?

05-14-16 05:34 AM