Hey all, been a while, but I have a real conundrum on my hands that I need help with.........I used & loved my Q10 (all 5 ones) for 3 years before my cat drowned the last one in her water bowl. By that time, Q10s had been discontinued by Blackberry, and Asurion sent me a Classic. WHICH I HATE - too large, additional screen real estate is useless as I'm a an school Blackberry user that does not need eye candy.

Most critically, devices are trending toward no option to replace the battery, any manuf or model. This includes all new BB10 devices after the Q10 & Z10....very vexing....as the battery-charger case for the Q10 is a game changer. I like to travel light, and a decent power-bank with enough output to fast charge my device is too large. There's nothing like just swapping a fully charged battery.

SO - here're my questions:

1. Both eBay-sourced refurbished Q10s are SQN100-2. I always thought VZW Q10s were SQN100-3. Which is right? And is this an issue of an unlocked Sprint device being able to be activate on VZW, or vice versa?

2. Typical boot routine shows red LED for 2 secs, which then goes off while a white Blackberry logo appears for about 4 secs. Then the boot progress screen, squircle or otherwise, shows up - now HERE's where things get funky - the LED goes on BLUE. I've never seen this before and this is my 7th Q10. When autoloading an OS, the LED goes green while the OS is being overwritten. But blue.....could be an indication of a bootstrap hardware error....bit like the beep codes when you power up a PC, and the BIOS immediately spots an issue like a disconnected SIMM.

The Classic uses a nano SIM, and I've got a nano-to-micro SIM adapter, and once VZW has the Q10's IME I#, the swap is hassle free. So the phone does work to that extent.

3. These refurbished Q10s are loaded with 10.3.2.858 (build ID 857418). My Classic's on 10.3.2.2813 (build ID 869712). And HERE is my biggest issue - I cannot restore any backups, whether from the Classic made a week ago, or my previous Q10 a year ago. Link does NOT show them as available backups that cab be restored to the Q10. At first, I thought it an OS version conflict, but there is no way a Q10 in April 2015 had an OS later than 10.3.2.858.

SO WHAT GIVES?

Any advice would be immeasurably helpful - from both SQN particulars to OS versions to restore options. I only need my calendar restored. I can set up the rest. But my calendar has dates that are criitcal and not saved elsewhere. Unless someone can point me to an app which can back-up my Classic's calendar to be restorable on the Q10.

Help, anyone........?

TS
    05-04-16 06:20 AM
    Hey man sorry for your trouble, too bad I have move on to priv .
    Hope someone else can help you
    tdyhedge likes this.
    05-04-16 06:30 AM
    First of all, Verizon Q10's are SQN100-2. And no, Sprint devices will not work on Verizon as they lack one of the CDMA radio bands Verizon uses to activate phones in their network. As for your Blue LED see the following link: Having 'Blue LED' errors on your BlackBerry 10 device? Here's how to fix it! | CrackBerry.com

And then finally, ignore Usman, he's a Priv loving troll. lol
    05-04-16 11:41 AM
    wassup Usman,,,,,,good to hear fr you
    Uzi likes this.
    05-07-16 11:23 AM
    First of all, Verizon Q10's are SQN100-2. And no, Sprint devices will not work on Verizon as they lack one of the CDMA radio bands Verizon uses to activate phones in their network. As for your Blue LED see the following link: Having 'Blue LED' errors on your BlackBerry 10 device? Here's how to fix it! | CrackBerry.com

And then finally, ignore Usman, he's a Priv loving troll. lol
    Thanks mate! And Usman's been trolling for years, lol......
    05-07-16 11:24 AM