I've had the Priv on Marshmallow for a week now and have to say it has been a huge improvement from Lollipop for two areas: battery life and heat.

Battery life is much improved. I use to burn up to 10-15% of battery from a short web browsing and email checking in the morning in bed for 15-20 minutes, now it barely eats up 5%. It use to also heat up like crazy from some light browsing and messaging activities. After the update, I haven't had a single heating incidence for the past week.

It appears BlackBerry's version of Android is finally stabilizing which make BlackBerry's upcoming Android phones much more promising. How's everyone's experience so far? Curious to hear your thoughts.
    JWWIII likes this.
    05-01-16 04:29 PM
    Good to hear, I just picked up a Priv this week in the UK and I"m keenly waiting for the Marshmallow update, my initial concerns on the phone have been battery life and hear, if MM helps resolve them then thats great.
    05-01-16 04:50 PM
    Sadly still waiting. My Priv is unlocked but was bought from my carrier so nothing yet.

My 2 main issues, battery and heating, sound like they will soon be a thing of the past.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-01-16 05:26 PM
    I've never had a problem with heat, but a huge difference with battery life, for the better!

I'm also loving DTEK in that I can remove all permissions and apps still work just fine! Priv is Privacy!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 06:19 PM
    I've never had a problem with heat, but a huge difference with battery life, for the better!

I'm also loving DTEK in that I can remove all permissions and apps still work just fine! Priv is Privacy!

This one! ^

05-01-16 06:57 PM
    MM for priv is just what blackberry needs. I'm hopeful for the future.

Now they need to release those new mid range android phones.

With a great front camera please.

05-02-16 06:24 AM
    BlackBerry did a great job with marshmallow on Priv.

It's much more snappy and battery life is much better too!

05-02-16 06:39 AM
    MM for priv is just what blackberry needs. I'm hopeful for the future.

Now they need to release those new mid range android phones.

With a great front camera please.

Hopefully, the next two phones will garner better reviews when they come out.
    The Priv did take a lot of criticism over software-caused battery issues and heat. I do think perhaps CrackBerry should do an official re-review of Priv on Marshmallow compared to Lollipop to help out BlackBerrry a bit.
    05-02-16 04:06 PM
    I got invited to the earlier in April and got one of the first roll-outs. Initial experience has been awesome: I didn't encounter any bugs or problems, the battery life improved by quite a bit.
    Then beta 2 got rolled out and I think the battery life wasn't as great as it was with the first beta.

However once the updated BlackBerry apps hit the Google Play Store for the official Marshmallow release, my battery life took a serious hit. Last weekend I even wiped the phone and used the Autoloader to install a clean and fresh version of Marshmallow on my Priv. Unfortunatly the battery life still troubles me, especially BlackBerry Services and Android OS seem to be draining quite a bit.

Besides these issues, I am overall satisfied with the update. There are some nice small changes virtually everywhere. For example the double notifications with the Hub seem to be fiexed - at least with WhatsApp and texts (Yaata).
    The launcher seems to be a bit smoother, but it still is not on the same level with Nova Launcher, which doesn't mean it's slow or unresponsive by any means.
    DTEK also finally has a real purpose: It now really is a security control center, which not only observes the behaviour of your apps, but also let's you disable any permissions. Yet it still doesn't list any BlackBerry or Google apps, which is kind of disappointing.
    05-02-16 06:09 PM