Hello guys,

I have one issue which I don't know how to handle it and is it possible TO BE MADE ON ANDROID BASED DEVICES?

I want to allow Android based devices to be activated on BES 12.4 in my company via certificate based authentication.

We are only using certificate based authentication for smart and mobile devices (till know only BlackBerry 10 based device with BlackBerry 10.x OS).

This way helps me to avoid of giving a password to every single user of e-mail account which is in use on mail server.

After all,

I set SCEP profile for Android devices in SCEP profile on BES.

I didn't know how to handle SAN settings since I'm not sure how to set and left on NONE, but everything else I did and set.

I setup certificate retrieval profile FOR ANDROID using LDAP as well but on port 3268 since in BES admin manual say port 389 as any example.

Enterprise activation of android device went without problems.

I can see that device in BES Admin console.

Certificate for e-mail account which is applied to android device for enterprise activation has been made via SCEP/NDES service on server side too.

In AD I can see certificate when I go to SCEP account on server side.

Also, I transferred (exported) certificate for that user to his AD account so other can rich his certificate with public key over e.g. LDAP service.

On android device, when I go to work part and then start e-mail application, it's asking me for username (e-mail) which is filled out automatically but also it's asking me for password.

I make a few pictures just for some visual proof of this story.

I'm using in company:
    - Windows Server 2008 R2
    - Exchange 2007
    - Company CA (our own certificate authority for certificate issuing s/mime)
    - BES 12.4

Some of settings on BES end are:

- In Android Activation Profile is selected 'Work and personal - user privacy (Secure Work Space)'

- I'm not using AFW account and i want to avoid that.

On server end it's allowed certificate-based authentication only!

Which means only that login to mail account is possible via username and certificate.

This is working well on all my BlackBerry 10 devices which are using BlackBerry OS.
    User only are providing e-mail account and bes activation password!
    Everything else is automatically - user don't need to set e-mail username and password since authentication is certificate-based and e-mail account is set on device just fine as should.

So, if someone have experience to explain to me how i can handle this i would be a lot of thankful.

Big question is, after all, is it possible to use this kind of login to mail server from android based devices, using certificate-based authentication rather then via username and password?

Thanks in advance.

BES 12.4 - How to make certificate based authentication on android devices for work e-mail-01.jpg

BES 12.4 - How to make certificate based authentication on android devices for work e-mail-02.jpg

BES 12.4 - How to make certificate based authentication on android devices for work e-mail-03.jpg
    04-30-16 06:16 PM
    It's not working in android since BES 12.4
    05-04-16 06:22 AM
    i noticed
    05-06-16 01:20 PM
    i noticed
    Point is you won't be able to make it work!
    05-07-16 09:05 AM
    as i say already i noticed that i will not be able to make it work at all
    anyway hope they (RIM) will make it soon.
    05-07-16 06:37 PM