My Blackberry Classic died. It won't charge at all, and the red light doesn't show when it is plugged in. I've tried to charge with other power cords, to no avail. My phone is only about 13 months old, so this was pretty disappointing. Has anyone been able to resurrect a phone?
    04-28-16 05:44 PM
    Did you try to connect to a PC and see if BlackBerry Link will recognize the device?
    04-28-16 06:12 PM
    If you still have your sales receipt you could see if they would honor your warranty claim as it just expired a few weeks ago. I would say you have been busy and tied up so you didn't have a chance to drop it off for warranty work.

Another option depending on where your located could be to see if your credit card has extended warranty protection. If you purchased the phone with your credit card you may qualify for a warranty claim through your card as some offer that as a feature. Check your card holder agreement in full or call your bank.

All the best and good luck with getting your Classic up and running.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 08:15 PM
    Sounds as dead as a dodo. There's plenty you can try, but all of it involves opening the phone. Unless you're confident with taking it apart, you might want to take it to a repair shop.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the ideas and help. I didn't get anything on Link, and I'm not enough of a tech wiz to open it up. Customer service said it would cost 35 dollars to even diagnose the phone. My iphone arrives today. Weep.
    04-29-16 01:25 PM
    Mine has the same problem. I purchased it in December, 2014. I'm very annoyed. This is my fifth Blackberry and my last. There are no solutions1
    06-01-16 03:30 PM
    This is horrible! Hope you can get a better device from BlackBerry in excellent condition.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:34 PM
    did you try leaving it plugged in overnight anyway? Just thinking bc sometimes it would work on a playBook even if it was showing no signs of life.
    06-02-16 12:23 AM
    The classic sometimes has problems with charging while the phone is off. Look through the forums. I'd give it 1 more day so see if it doesn't miraculously turn back on. Mine is over 1 year old and I don't have battery problems at all.
    06-02-16 01:30 PM
    Hold the volume buttons and the on/off button down at the same time and keep them held down for a few minutes. Try once more if it doesn't work. It should work.
    06-04-16 05:43 PM