It's so much better than BlackBerry 10, period. People keep saying BlackBerry 10 is superior but it's definitely not. Not in this day and age. It's basically inferior in every way: the battery drains like crazy when android apps are used. The runtime has numerous problems. The browser is crap. It's sluggish, YES it's sluggish! Even sending emails and making calls feels better on MM.

Hear my word, if you want a BlackBerry, go for the PRIV(or the promised new Android phones if they ever see the light of day).

STAY AWAY FROM BLACKBERRY 10!!!! I can't believe I spent hundreds of dollars on this OS......
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 04-29-16 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Filter evasion
    jaydee5799 and dracolnyte like this.
    04-28-16 01:41 AM
    Everyone has different needs ..glad it the best for you..that's why so many colors in the world
    04-28-16 01:45 AM
    Love bb10 due to the hub, browser and email. Nothing really compares to bb10 in those aspects. That's what keeps me tied to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63, BGRS, gugomat and 5 others like this.
    04-28-16 01:53 AM
    Love bb10 due to the hub, browser and email. Nothing really compares to bb10 in those aspects. That's what keeps me tied to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    We all love the Hub, but the browser is so outdated, on android there's so many choices like Opera, Maxthon, and they are way more experienced in making browsers.

Email is also terrific if you download the custom app from BlackBerry. You may not believe me but text editing is way more convenient on android.
    04-28-16 02:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    True that.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 | @maskosx | X666666
    04-28-16 02:07 AM
    It's so much better than BlackBerry 10, period. People keep saying BlackBerry 10 is superior but it's definitely not. Not in this day and age. It's basically inferior in every way: the battery drains like crazy when android apps are used. The runtime has numerous problems. The browser is so sh#tty. It's sluggish, YES it's sluggish! Even sending emails and making calls feels better on MM.

Hear my word, if you want a BlackBerry, go for the PRIV(or the promised new Android phones if they ever see the light of day).

STAY AWAY FROM BLACKBERRY 10!!!! I can't believe I spent hundreds of dollars on this OS......
    I think your in the wrong forum. This ain't Android Central. Go there to start with your hate mail. BlackBerry 10 will roll over you and your Android goons.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 03:40 AM
    I think your in the wrong forum. This ain't Android Central. Go there to start with your hate mail. BlackBerry 10 will roll over you and your Android goons.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm... nope, definitely in the right forum, cuz the title matches the logo on my silver passport, which is a great phone, but it's 2016 now and it's cons are overcoming it's pros.
    04-28-16 04:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    The hub and email I can agree with, but the browser hasn't been keeping up with the competition for some time now. The BB10 browser used to get the best HTML5 test scores, but not anymore. It's not that the BB10 browser is bad or anything, but is in no objective way the best.
    04-28-16 04:48 AM
    When I get my G3 the first thing I'm doing as soon as I have it charged is upgrading to Marshmallow. I've not heard much good about Lollipop at all, and none of my kitkat experiences were all that great.

I hope OP is right and MM blows me away.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-28-16 05:10 AM
    When I get my G3 the first thing I'm doing as soon as I have it charged is upgrading to Marshmallow. I've not heard much good about Lollipop at all, and none of my kitkat experiences were all that great.

I hope OP is right and MM blows me away.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Lollipop introduced a lot of changes in the Android code and as every major code change, bugs are bound to happen. MM is mostly a matured lollipop with two major additions (in my opinion these 2 are the only ones that really matter):
    1. granular app permissions
    2. much better battery life (with their doze feature)

If you are not a fan of Android in general, you will not like MM as it is just an incremental step in Android and a consolidation of its features and not a drastic change to the base OS.
    04-28-16 05:20 AM
    Lollipop introduced a lot of changes in the Android code and as every major code change, bugs are bound to happen. MM is mostly a matured lollipop with two major additions (in my opinion these 2 are the only ones that really matter):

If you are not a fan of Android in general, you will not like MM as it is just an incremental step in Android and a consolidation of its features and not a drastic change to the base OS.
    Most important is that it's always under development , that's the game changing factor for me, so many things on BlackBerry 10 used to be so great, but then they got old and sluggish.
    04-28-16 05:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    So simply use them on your Android phone
    Run all Blackberry Priv apps on any Android … | Android Development and Hacking

Regards!
    04-28-16 05:53 AM
    It's so much better than BlackBerry 10, period. People keep saying BlackBerry 10 is superior but it's definitely not. Not in this day and age. It's basically inferior in every way: the battery drains like crazy when android apps are used. The runtime has numerous problems. The browser is so sh#tty. It's sluggish, YES it's sluggish! Even sending emails and making calls feels better on MM.

I think that's a bit harsh. BB10, for me, is a great OS. Does what it needs to do, is easy and user friendly. That being said, my old man just got a GS7 today, and not knowing how do things other than call/text/take pics etc, asked me to set it up. I had a good play around with it, and I must admit that it felt like MM is a good OS (except for the Samsung bloatware).

When the day comes for me to look at an alternative for BB10, I will definitely be giving android a serious look at. I have an ipad, and iOS just doesn't really do anything for me, so on that basis, iPhone will be out.

Hopefully I'll be receiving my Priv soon, (thanks Mobile Nations!!) and will be able to have a real good muck around with it and MM.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    sonicpix and Polt like this.
    04-28-16 07:55 AM
    Funny.....i have the opposite view. The people I know who went to Android tell me they still prefer BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 07:59 AM
    Hmm... nope, definitely in the right forum, cuz the title matches the logo on my silver passport, which is a great phone, but it's 2016 now and it's cons are overcoming it's pros.
    You are absolutely right about the Pros and Cons But the only thing wrong about it though is that going to Android is the biggest BlackBerry con to date. I believe if a device needs a patch every month for security. There is a major flaw in that OS. I think I'll stick with the best OS out there and that's BB10. I don't care if it's surviving by its life support mechanism. I like having the best and a BlackBerry device with an Android OS doesn't come close even if it has marshmallows in it. I'll make s'mores out of it.

Posted via CB10
    gugomat, greenjoe and David Tyler like this.
    04-28-16 08:54 AM
    You want to use android apps but on a blackberry and you do not see what's wrong with the picture. Why do you not try to run blackberry apps on android? Or you might try to emulate Ios apps on windows. If you are so into android apps it means that you have made a mistake using blackberry and it is your own fault. You must take the blame.
    04-28-16 01:53 PM

I believe you are referring to the Android Runtime implementation on BB10, not BB10 itself.

Yes, the ART is sub-standard but it could be improved.
    04-28-16 01:56 PM
    The only Android app draining my battery is Skype, but I barely use it. Also Skype is a battery draining app on Android devices as well.
    Isn't ART actually an Android kernel sandboxed? I am asking because I am not sure. If yes, than I assume Android is draining the battery.
    Doesn't Priv have the same battery capacity as Passport has but doesn't last the same?
    Regarding the browser I installed Mozzila and Opera on my Passport but deleted them after trying it out. I prefer the native browser experience. The native browser is just amazing.

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    04-28-16 02:22 PM
    @OP Leave then. This type of thread is useless and meaningless. There's already a thread for this sort of nonsense.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

All of us are sick and tired of hearing the whining over and over again on a daily basis. If you are done with BB10 then do us all a favor and just leave without starting yet another pointless thread; because frankly, we don't care.

Posted via CB10
    nappalonia likes this.
    04-28-16 04:54 PM

Just got it today! I will start using it full-on next week. Gotta try something... BB10 isn't going forward from here.
    04-28-16 05:20 PM

Nah. I have a MM tablet and it is not as useful as BB10 in my case.
    04-28-16 05:40 PM
    We all love the Hub, but the browser is so outdated, on android there's so many choices like Opera, Maxthon, and they are way more experienced in making browsers.

Email is also terrific if you download the custom app from BlackBerry. You may not believe me but text editing is way more convenient on android.
    Your are right. I don't believe you as I have tried both. HUB is where it is at. With all my accounts, the HUB is the only way I can be proficient in communications. The HUB on Priv sucks.
    04-28-16 05:42 PM
    You want to use android apps but on a blackberry and you do not see what's wrong with the picture. Why do you not try to run blackberry apps on android? Or you might try to emulate Ios apps on windows. If you are so into android apps it means that you have made a mistake using blackberry and it is your own fault. You must take the blame.
    No issue at all, Android app compatibility is advertised as a feature.

Get Android apps on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone! Download your favorite Android apps & games from the Amazon Appstore. - Canada
    04-28-16 06:11 PM
    I believe you are referring to the Android Runtime implementation on BB10, not BB10 itself.

Yes, the ART is sub-standard but it could be improved.
    It won't be improved anymore... that's the big bummer.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 09:14 PM
    Nope, I mostly use BlackBerry apps, I only installed 3 android apps but they lag like hell. If you use the phone for too long you'd have to security wipe due to 'unable to install' which is a nightmare. And they kinda can just access all your info and there's nothing you can do.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 09:22 PM
62 123