I this normal for a Q10 white keyboard?-img_20160425_173809.jpg
    I this normal for a Q10 white keyboard?-img_20160425_173439.jpg

I just switched from the black keyboard to the white keyboard; and I am having a hard time adjusting to the white keyboard.

With the back light on, the letters are barely visible since the keys are already white. It is almost more visible when the light is off.

Should the light sensor sense when to light up the keyboard and when not to light up the keys? It seems that mine is always lighting up whenever the screen turns on?

Posted via CB10
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    04-25-16 07:41 PM
    i dont know but i do think that thing looks terrible, the backlights come on automatically
    04-25-16 09:26 PM
    i dont know but i do think that thing looks terrible, the backlights come on automatically
    Yeah, thankfully, the actual keyboard strokes feel awesome.

I am a blind typer, so I technically do not need to look for the keys for the normal typing, but for the symbols, I would have to look at the keyboard.

Anyways, how are other people's white keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 09:54 PM
    I was thinking about doing the same thing with my q10 but having seen yours I'm going to pass on modding it. As others pointed out it looks terrible and cheap. All the elegance with the silver trim combo seems to have been lost. But to each there own. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:22 PM
    I was thinking about doing the same thing with my q10 but having seen yours I'm going to pass on modding it. As others pointed out it looks terrible and cheap. All the elegance with the silver trim combo seems to have been lost. But to each there own. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but my question was on the back keyboard lighting.

Anyways, I seem to have gotten used to it now.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 01:38 PM

I just switched from the black keyboard to the white keyboard; and I am having a hard time adjusting to the white keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    My God, that looks terrible! Black and White was how television started, not how we want to look at things now.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-26-16 01:52 PM
    Alright, I get that it looks terrible. Can we talk about the keyboard back light now?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 02:36 PM
    Alright, I get that it looks terrible. Can we talk about the keyboard back light now?

Posted via CB10
    It appears that you will have to simply deal with the lighting issue. I do the same with my Q10's keyboard, the back lighting stays on for awhile and then it turns off while I am typing, only to turn on a little while later. It has done that since I purchased it three years ago and I didn't think to come whining in the forums to people who have no power to rectify what is apparently the way it works from the factory. It's a very minor issue in my opinion and something that can be dealt with easily.

04-26-16 06:58 PM
    It appears that you will have to simply deal with the lighting issue. I do the same with my Q10's keyboard, the back lighting stays on for awhile and then it turns off while I am typing, only to turn on a little while later. It has done that since I purchased it three years ago and I didn't think to come whining in the forums to people who have no power to rectify what is apparently the way it works from the factory. It's a very minor issue in my opinion and something that can be dealt with easily.

Okay, does the lighting of the keyboard look normal to you? What I was saying was that the white keyboard backlight looks noticeably worse than my black keyboard backlight.

Again, I was not whining, but I was asking a question to decide whether I should try another keyboard or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    For the record I do not find it cheap. It looks like you have cleaned your keyboard really really well

Q10
    04-27-16 01:44 AM
    Oh... that thing is ugly.. sorry to say that lol

Posted via CB10
    MikeClassic likes this.
    04-27-16 03:52 AM
    I forgot to give you a proper reply, I was stunned with the looks of your gadget

Anywho, I have white q10 and no issues with back light. On your second photo, back light seems a bit blue. Is this true?

Q10
    04-27-16 08:02 AM
    Okay, does the lighting of the keyboard look normal to you? What I was saying was that the white keyboard backlight looks noticeably worse than my black keyboard backlight.

Again, I was not whining, but I was asking a question to decide whether I should try another keyboard or not.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly can't tell that the backlight is on, I do see what appears to be a blue tint to the keyboard though.

04-27-16 10:39 AM