just found this on a french website : blackberry revisited : sum of the parts analysis. might need google translate if don't read french.

interesting pov and pretty conservative assumptions in my view. author values most of BBRY's divisions at zero and yet still finds a lot of value at current market cap.

says he's long since nov 2013.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    04-21-16 05:08 PM
    Hey Colonia_cap and welcome to the community !

Thanks for this, nice find !
    P.S : To readers, I suggest you read the full article (or have a quick jump to the conclusion) before you react; there's a lot of zeros, but carry on .
    A very conservative approach that highlights current market perception and reminds us that any spark in the near future may rekindle - here and/or there - analysts lights and reconsider current BBRY valuation.

Here's the direct link to translation (google), some glitches but overall OK (you may want to load also the French version for the pictures, seems there's something with their scripts preventing them to load) : https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    rarsen likes this.
    04-22-16 02:53 AM
    well, link is private now. sry about that.
    04-23-16 02:14 PM
    Why did it go private?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 06:33 PM
    Tout ce que je vois c'est une inscription pour un journal quelconque sur l'internet.
    04-24-16 09:42 PM
    i complained. it's back.

L'Investisseur Fran�ais

04-25-16 05:53 AM
    Why did it go private?

Posted via CB10
    well, link is private now. sry about that.
    i complained. it's back.

L'Investisseur Fran�ais

Most likely they got a sudden influx of traffic from appearing here at CB and they were not prepared for that! Happens! Glad they decided to open it back up.

I have move this thread to our BBRY sub forum since it's business and stock related.
    04-25-16 07:52 AM
    just found this on a french website : blackberry revisited : sum of the parts analysis. might need google translate if don't read french.

interesting pov and pretty conservative assumptions in my view. author values most of BBRY's divisions at zero and yet still finds a lot of value at current market cap.

says he's long since nov 2013.
    Author said several times he was conservative also on his values.

I think the problem for many is why hasn't a bigger tech firm bought BlackBerry... and this kinda helps you see why. Now strictly from an investing point of view, this valuation doesn't mean all that much. As most investors are more concerned with potential and growth. I think Chen has moved investor past the worry of Bankruptcy and selling off the parts.
    pkcable and colonia_cap like this.
    04-25-16 09:22 AM
    Author said several times he was conservative also on his values.

I think the problem for many is why hasn't a bigger tech firm bought BlackBerry... and this kinda helps you see why. Now strictly from an investing point of view, this valuation doesn't mean all that much. As most investors are more concerned with potential and growth. I think Chen has moved investor past the worry of Bankruptcy and selling off the parts.
    That's a little win... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-03-16 01:14 AM