I recently activated a secondary/test device that I have on the infamous $30/5GB/100 voice minutes plan.

But they just more than doubled the sales tax on refill cards here. So I'm thinking about buying refills from an online seller. But 90% of them seem sleazy. (No huge surprise, I suppose a lot of them are treading a fine line of legality)

Can I ask for recommendations here on that, without running afoul of some obscure forum rule?

There's one company I've seen recommendations for, but it's still kinda hard to know what is or is not legit, who will not do something dumb with my billing info, who isn't running some rube goldberg payment processing system that just got breached, etc etc.

TIA
    bunky1971 and j21jam6 like this.
    04-18-16 11:42 PM
    You can purchase your mins online directly from T-Mobile https://tmobile.ecustomersupport.com...YHJPUC8LX74248

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    04-19-16 04:25 PM
    I've purchased from those Ebay sellers before and you're right alot of them are sketchy. That said once you get topped up Tmobile has never removed the credits if the seller was found to have gotten the codes from non-authorized source.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    04-19-16 04:37 PM
    If you are looking for a trusted source you can buy from CallingMart. They've been around for years, once in awhile you'll get a discount code notice in your email you can use but otherwise the prices are retail.
    raino and bunky1971 like this.
    04-19-16 04:54 PM
    If you are looking for a trusted source you can buy from CallingMart. They've been around for years, once in awhile you'll get a discount code notice in your email you can use but otherwise the prices are retail.
    That is exactly the company that I had heard some good reviews about, thanks.

So when you say the prices are "retail" - I'm OK with that. What I have a problem is the 23% tax that they want to add to the face-value of the refill here. Presumably if I buy from a company like that, I won't have that issue.

You can purchase your mins online directly from T-Mobile https://tmobile.ecustomersupport.com...YHJPUC8LX74248

Right, but the reason I don't want to buy directly from T-Mobile, or use their automatic-refill service, is that (so I hear), I will then be subject to the local 23% tax and possibly other surcharges.

Since this is a secondary/test device, I'm trying to keep my costs down.

Thanks for the input.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    04-21-16 11:33 PM
    Right, but the reason I don't want to buy directly from T-Mobile, or use their automatic-refill service, is that (so I hear), I will then be subject to the local 23% tax and possibly other surcharges.

Since this is a secondary/test device, I'm trying to keep my costs down.

Thanks for the input.
    Ah yes... The legalized racketeering of the US Government via their strong armed robbery otherwise known as 'taxes'... Good call...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attachment 397918
    bunky1971 likes this.
    04-22-16 02:55 PM
    Ah yes... The legalized racketeering of the US Government via their strong armed robbery otherwise known as 'taxes'... Good call...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attachment 397918
    Oh man. It's a good thing you don't need any roads or bridges or anything. You can just pay for them yourself, right?

Hey here in Canada we at least get health care for our taxes. You're right, you guys in the states are getting ripped off.

Thanks Obama!

Posted via a Priv on an NDA protected software version.
    04-22-16 10:54 PM
    +1 on Callingmart. I have heard good things about them as well.

In general, any out-of-state seller should not be collecting sales tax upfront.

Oh man. It's a good thing you don't need any roads or bridges or anything. You can just pay for them yourself, right?
    I didn't realize our roads and bridges in California had fallen into such disrepair that despite a budget surplus and taxes on postpaid service, new taxes on prepaid service were also needed to fix them. Almost makes me want to move to Mississippi.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    04-24-16 05:44 PM
    +1 on Callingmart. I have heard good things about them as well.

In general, any out-of-state seller should not be collecting sales tax upfront.

I didn't realize our roads and bridges in California had fallen into such disrepair that despite a budget surplus and taxes on postpaid service, new taxes on prepaid service were also needed to fix them. Almost makes me want to move to Mississippi.

The $0.58 per gallon liquid fuel tax (at least here in the stateofdesPAration) is allegedly allocated to road maintenance, where the $5.86 in taxes on a $5 add a line goes where, I do not know, but I'm sure there's a dozen "SafelinkWireless users" in range of my T-MO hotspot. bwahaha
    followup photo forthcoming
    CivilDissident likes this.
    04-26-16 06:07 PM
    where the $5.86 in taxes on a $5 add a line goes where, I do not know
    Wait...AAL is $5, but the taxes on it are $5.86 (117% of the charge?) Am I reading that right?
    04-26-16 08:03 PM
    Wait...AAL is $5, but the taxes on it are $5.86 (117% of the charge?) Am I reading that right?
    Yes sir. Plan is 49.99 (1000 mins) + 10 (unlimited text) + 10 (2ģb bb plan) + 5 + 5 +5 = 85 with taxes, bill is 120 something a month!
    04-26-16 08:58 PM
    I use PrepaidOnline.com Instant Prepaid Phone Cards, Wireless Refill Cards and online Shopping Mall. For the $30 plan, they only charge $1 for the convenience fee. Less than state taxes through TMO.
    04-28-16 12:27 PM
    That's funny. Good one.

(Referencing the tax / dime meme)
    04-28-16 07:27 PM