If the bold had visual voice mail in my opinion it would be the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-02-08 01:56 AM
    Youmail
    12-02-08 02:14 AM
    Is there a cost?
    12-02-08 02:35 AM
    Is there a cost?
    No. I've been using Youmail for 2 years now. It's great. They even have an App. Launcher...
    12-02-08 07:40 AM
    How does YouMail work exactly? I browsed around the site & didn't come across info on how they retrieve voicemails left on your phone.

Does YouMail give you a special phone number & users have to use that & leave messages there?
    12-02-08 07:47 AM
    OoO. Where's the app launcher?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 08:04 AM
    this seems really neat! is there a way to turn it off so to speak, or cancel it once you have it? do you still receive notifications on your phone? or just a message saying check this site? i like the custom greeting option!
    12-02-08 08:15 AM
    Youmail works great!!

Cost--Free for the visual voicemail part. If you want to get transcriptions, there is a small monthly fee.

Se7enth, all you have to do is change the number your phone forwards to for missed calls etc. No you can't retrieve any voicemails already on the phone. NO there are no special phone numbers for callers to use. The only "special" phone number is the one you have to call to retrieve your messages. I don't ever call it though, b/c I get an email alert for a voicemail that has an mp3 attachment on it with the audio of the message. I was using transcription until they started charging and I decided that I really didn't need that.

sheiscurvey, the app launcher is located atYouMail SignIn. You must be signed out and there is an option to download a shortcut to your bb.

Cobra302, it is very easy to cancel. Just change your number back to your carrier's mailbox. There are step-by-step instructions on Youmail's website. You still receive notifications on your phone, but they come as an email or text message. See above about the emails.

It is a great visual voicemail system. I have run into problems on my curve using their website and trying to listen to my messages. No biggie though as I just use the emailed mp3 attachment.
    12-02-08 10:29 AM
    Thanks for all the info!

Do you use the launcher? Or just use the service via email? Are there any advantages to using the launcher?

12-02-08 11:05 AM
    Thanks for all the info!

Do you use the launcher? Or just use the service via email? Are there any advantages to using the launcher?

I d/led the launcher but don't use it much. I just listen to the mp3 from the email. The only adv to using the launcher/web based version is being able to delete the vm for good. When you get the email and delete it, you just get rid of the email and the vm stays on youmail.

12-02-08 11:12 AM
    Thanks jbonnot! I am going to sign up tonight!

12-02-08 11:23 AM
    Q. How does YouMail work?
    It's really simple. Calls you don't answer get forwarded to YouMail instead of your current wireless voicemail. That's it.

Q. Can I still retrieve my messages over the phone?
    Yes, of course. You get just about everything you had with your old voicemail, we just add lots of cool features and make the whole experience slicker, faster, and a lot more fun.

Setup Call Forwarding To YouMail after you create an account:
    Enter the following as if you were dialing a phone number:

*004*17142043114#

(Make sure you dial the asterisk (*) before the number - otherwise this command will not work)

Then press the SEND button.

Switch back to old voicemail:
    *004*1[old voicemail number here]#

(Make sure you dial the asterisk (*) before the number - otherwise this command will not work)

Then press the SEND button.
    Last edited by jtwebfusion; 12-02-08 at 11:26 AM.
    12-02-08 11:24 AM
    Do I have to pay if I want them to send a notification to my email that I got a missed call?
    12-02-08 11:39 AM
    I might have to do this when I get a chance.

I do miss visual voicemail from my iPhone.
    12-02-08 12:04 PM
    Doesn't call forwarding count towards your minutes?
    12-02-08 12:20 PM
    Do I have to pay if I want them to send a notification to my email that I got a missed call?
    The only thing you have to pay for is transcription services. The email with the attached message is free.
    12-02-08 12:23 PM
    Doesn't call forwarding count towards your minutes?
    yes that is one drawback.
    12-02-08 12:25 PM
    You Mail Rocks!!!!!!
    12-02-08 03:17 PM
    Wait how exactly does call forwarding count towards minutes?

12-02-08 03:49 PM
    Anyone have this happen?

I never completed setting up YouMail. I went in today to do so, and when I tried to login it said my PIN was incorrect. (Do you get a new PIN when upgrading to .185?). So I went to the help screen and requested my PIN be texted. Nothing. I went back in after a while and requested it be e-mailed. Nothing. That was 8 hours ago. About an hour ago I repeated this cycle, still nothing. Does it just take a while, or is something wrong?
    12-02-08 03:57 PM
    I've never had visual voicemail beforem what's so great about it?

12-02-08 04:07 PM
    No support for Canadian carriers... figures.
    12-02-08 04:16 PM
    Wait how exactly does call forwarding count towards minutes?

Scenario:
    You don't answer your phone, so you have call forwarding setup to forward unanswered calls to another #. Say the person spends a minute or two leaving a message. That minute or two counts as your anytime minutes, because of the forwarding.
    12-02-08 04:55 PM
    man i'm so glad that i found this thread. I just signed up for it and it's awesome. It has so many features and so configureable. I also like how you can use the thousands of already recorded greetings in different categories. I like the "error phone disconnected messages". good for assigning them to numbers that call you no longer want to call.
    12-02-08 05:46 PM
    No support for Canadian carriers... figures.
    I agree - the website says it only works in North America - it should say it only work in the US.
    12-02-08 08:08 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD