I haven't updated to .75 to see if this still exists on that version but I have updated the core applicatons and such

The first time I turned on the phone and checked the app store it asked me if I wanted it to auto check for updates at the time I pressed "yes"

when I did this no matter what I tried I couldn't turn that off so in turn this made the app store run all the time even after a battery pull etc..

when I updated the core applications obviously it refreshed everything and this time when I opened the app store I selected no instead of yes for auto check for updates.

Now I can open and close the store check for updates and its not constantly running...

I kind of posted this to ask if this still exists in .75 or are you able to turn it on and off at your will..

I view this as a bug but it may not be a bug at all I am not sure how its designed. However I would think that you should technically have the option to turn the auto update on and off.

Also for everyone who is going to post did you do a search cause I did it or this and that yes I did and I tried most the possibility's before verifying this.

just a tip to keep less things running but like I said it may be different in .75
    12-01-08 07:50 PM
    In .75 it is not running all the time for me like it was back in .65. But I have not actually ran the app launcher since I upgraded just in case it was going to come back if I ran it one time.
    12-01-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD